• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Did sin enter the world through Adam, Satan or Yahweh?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

Most, as well as scriptures, say that it was through Adam, even though Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh’s plan.

Given the necessity, Adam, from that, may not be the culpable one and his punishment would be unjust.

Satan had already sinned in heaven before being cast into Eden.

It can be truthfully said that she was the first sinner on earth if we ignore Yahweh.

Further, would you say that Eve sinned, given that Satan or the talking serpent deceived her?

That deception would take lies, and that is a sin, and that sin also preceded Adam’s sin.

Many do not see what the serpent says as a lie, which complicates things.

Was the initial sin, regardless of who did it, a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan like Christians sing in their Exultet hymn?

Did Yahweh lie when he told Adam that he would die if he educated himself with the knowledge in the Tree of Knowledge?

Why and how does knowledge kill us?

If it does, should we keep our children as blind to it as Adam and Eve initially were?

The Eden myth can get quite complicated, especially when Christians call it a fall, then say it was necessary so as not to derail Yahweh’s plan.

This last being what the Jews wrote into their myth and which they say is not the Original Sin of the Christian interpretation, but more like the Original virtue that the Jews call it.

The opposite of what Christianity says, if you ignore their happy fault view.

In terms of first sin, I see Yahweh, since sin was necessary to him as the first sinner, followed by Satan, Yahweh’s loyal opposition and teacher of humankind, and then Adam.

Why Eve at the end of Genesis 3 has to then be second class to Adam, --- he shall rule over you, --- would seem like Yahweh punishing the wrong party.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

I almost wonder if the first humans weren't built differently. Like how you remove someone's ribs and they survive. How they had a formed language without learning it

Not only this but you have a world where demons can roam with animals in physical bodies

My thought is sin could be there regardless of outside forces. In other words, there's no filter to block it out. Possibly the Garden is or was an area that was somehow protected from surrounding desert, like a canopy

Satan entered when Eve ate the apple given to her by the snake. It was from the Tree of Knowledge and once she ate that apple they became aware of their nakedness ie. lost their innocence.

Knowledge got them thrown out because it made them God-like (I think). They weren’t killed, they went on to have Cain and Able.

I almost wonder if the first humans weren't built differently. Like how you remove someone's ribs and they survive. How they had a formed language without learning it

Not only this but you have a world where demons can roam with animals in physical bodies

My thought is sin could be there regardless of outside forces. In other words, there's no filter to block it out. Possibly the Garden is or was an area that was somehow protected from surrounding desert, like a canopy

When someone makes up a supernatural realm or adult fairy tale like Christians have concocted, better to just follow the story line without question, as the author would just reply that he let his imagination run wild because he never thought that people would be fool enough to read it literally.

Regards
DL

Wow, how confused are you? I can't be arsed to read all that BS. Do you think there really is a Adam, Satan or Yahweh? Omg, XD

Of course not, but the harm that those who do believe it is ongoing and if you live by the Golden Rule, it is our duty, for harm reduction, to try to have Christians change their view of their genocidal god and reject him the way moral people do. Few as they are in these places these days.

Regards
DL

Satan entered when Eve ate the apple given to her by the snake. It was from the Tree of Knowledge and once she ate that apple they became aware of their nakedness ie. lost their innocence.

Knowledge got them thrown out because it made them God-like (I think). They weren’t killed, they went on to have Cain and Able.

Sure they lived for a time, but that does not take away the fact that Yahweh locked away what would have kept them alive.

That is analogous to the J. W.s keeping a life saving blood transfusion from their children and let them die.

Neglect is neglect and when it leads to death, it is murder. Yahweh does and orders murder all through the O.T.

Regards
DL

Any religious book is full of shit just because it is religious and anything religious is like something touching a flame, I never will have so much reason to do so. Now, I will kindly excuse myself from this thread because I don't want to insult anyone else.

Most, as well as scriptures, say that it was through Adam, even though Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh’s plan.

Given the necessity, Adam, from that, may not be the culpable one and his punishment would be unjust.

Satan had already sinned in heaven before being cast into Eden.

It can be truthfully said that she was the first sinner on earth if we ignore Yahweh.

Further, would you say that Eve sinned, given that Satan or the talking serpent deceived her?

That deception would take lies, and that is a sin, and that sin also preceded Adam’s sin.

Many do not see what the serpent says as a lie, which complicates things.

Was the initial sin, regardless of who did it, a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan like Christians sing in their Exultet hymn?

Did Yahweh lie when he told Adam that he would die if he educated himself with the knowledge in the Tree of Knowledge?

Why and how does knowledge kill us?

If it does, should we keep our children as blind to it as Adam and Eve initially were?

The Eden myth can get quite complicated, especially when Christians call it a fall, then say it was necessary so as not to derail Yahweh’s plan.

This last being what the Jews wrote into their myth and which they say is not the Original Sin of the Christian interpretation, but more like the Original virtue that the Jews call it.

The opposite of what Christianity says, if you ignore their happy fault view.

In terms of first sin, I see Yahweh, since sin was necessary to him as the first sinner, followed by Satan, Yahweh’s loyal opposition and teacher of humankind, and then Adam.

Why Eve at the end of Genesis 3 has to then be second class to Adam, --- he shall rule over you, --- would seem like Yahweh punishing the wrong party.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

I think that much is lost in the narrative because much is ignored for example Genesis chapter 6 fills in a lot of the pre-Adamic history. The planet that used to exist is now our astroid belt that was where the throne of Satan was and it was destroyed and now it protects the inner part of our solar system from space trash. Satan is still falling he has fallen and will fall. Knowledge isn’t what killed, it’s the heart intent. It wasn’t an actual snake but a serpentine creature that was very beautiful and deceptive as it states that it was the most cunning of all the creatures. Ive found that as I have been a Christian and have spent more time with God as in having a quiet time in the morning and truly searching out what is on his heart and what His thoughts are, His input, and likewise He is interested in my input. It’s hard to put into words the relationship between myself and the loving but just God of the universe. I appreciate your thoughts about this however! Your questions are stimulating and have given me a lot to chew on. 👍🏻

Any religious book is full of shit just because it is religious and anything religious is like something touching a flame, I never will have so much reason to do so. Now, I will kindly excuse myself from this thread because I don't want to insult anyone else.

I do not see you living by the Golden Rule in this instance, but no problem.

Regards
DL

I think that much is lost in the narrative because much is ignored for example Genesis chapter 6 fills in a lot of the pre-Adamic history. The planet that used to exist is now our astroid belt that was where the throne of Satan was and it was destroyed and now it protects the inner part of our solar system from space trash. Satan is still falling he has fallen and will fall. Knowledge isn’t what killed, it’s the heart intent. It wasn’t an actual snake but a serpentine creature that was very beautiful and deceptive as it states that it was the most cunning of all the creatures. Ive found that as I have been a Christian and have spent more time with God as in having a quiet time in the morning and truly searching out what is on his heart and what His thoughts are, His input, and likewise He is interested in my input. It’s hard to put into words the relationship between myself and the loving but just God of the universe. I appreciate your thoughts about this however! Your questions are stimulating and have given me a lot to chew on. 👍🏻

Thanks.

You make it sound like god is an alien.

In what book is your god to be found and what kind of moral tenets has it taught you?

As to the Kuiber belt, it also drops asteroids into our system and some think it did to end the dinosaurs.

I don't think they can ever know for sure though.

Regards
DL

Thanks for your response I’ve not laughed that hard in a long time, your assessment of my post made my morning.😂 God is outside the confines of time and space. He himself created the very fabric of the universe. The more that’s discovered in science, archeology, microbiology etc. the more that points to the validity of the Bible being on point accurate. Truly “the rocks are crying out” and making known the accounts in the Bible. The walls of Jericho were found Rahabs room in the wall was still standing. In Israel places that even two years ago were underground have now been excavated and cataloged. I visited Israel last year and was surprised by how much had changed in such a short time. Time and text would fail me and I wish we could have coffee and talk. Because I could pick your inquisitive investigative mind for days. 🤓

Thanks for your response I’ve not laughed that hard in a long time, your assessment of my post made my morning.😂 God is outside the confines of time and space. He himself created the very fabric of the universe. The more that’s discovered in science, archeology, microbiology etc. the more that points to the validity of the Bible being on point accurate. Truly “the rocks are crying out” and making known the accounts in the Bible. The walls of Jericho were found Rahabs room in the wall was still standing. In Israel places that even two years ago were underground have now been excavated and cataloged. I visited Israel last year and was surprised by how much had changed in such a short time. Time and text would fail me and I wish we could have coffee and talk. Because I could pick your inquisitive investigative mind for days. 🤓

Thanks for beginning with lies on issues of the supernatural that you cannot possibly have first hand information on.

That is why I choose to judge your a hole god by his morals and not whether he exists or not.
There can be an end game to those discussions using reason. As your bible says, I ask you to come and reason on those.

You follow a genocidal and infanticidal god yet will not judge that prick to be evil.

Get thee behind me, Satan.

Regards
DL

Of course not, but the harm that those who do believe it is ongoing and if you live by the Golden Rule, it is our duty, for harm reduction, to try to have Christians change their view of their genocidal god and reject him the way moral people do. Few as they are in these places these days.

Regards
DL
Then why would you create a thread such as this? If you are not going to take anything like this seriously, seems like you are wasting everyone's time bud.

Then why would you create a thread such as this? If you are not going to take anything like this seriously, seems like you are wasting everyone's time bud.

If you think harm reduction and educating those who do that harm is a waste of time, then ignore me.

Regards
DL

Tiny bit off topic, but I’d like to know how we definitely know without doubt that God, Yewah whatever you call him is a man?
Not to get all feminist and shit or anything but you kinda need at least one of each sex (although more can work well too 😈😂) for any kind of human ‘creation’ so where’s the logic in that?

Tiny bit off topic, but I’d like to know how we definitely know without doubt that God, Yewah whatever you call him is a man?
Not to get all feminist and shit or anything but you kinda need at least one of each sex (although more can work well too 😈😂) for any kind of human ‘creation’ so where’s the logic in that?

Gnostic Christians do not hold any supernatural belifs.

Yahweh, to me, is a Jewish god and he was seen as an androgynous god by the ancient Jews. Christianity has tried to take all the famine out or Christianity so as to bolster the misogynous and homophobic ways.

There is some evidence of that in the Bible but Christians ignore it in favor of their rib woman idiocy.

Regards
DL