• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Did I had a seizure ?

Byzek

Bluelighter
YO guys.

Yesterday I took tramadol together with 5htp. IN addition I took Lexapro for 1 week which I stopped on Friday.

I guess I took like 750mg of Tramadol.

But I took a lot of 5htp.

In the nigh I woke up, I felt very weird, like kind of G overdose but not so dramatic.
I was very very sleepy, but I fought against the urge to fall asleep, cause I felt like if I go to sleep I stopped breathing (dont know how to describe )
So i stand up and walked around the house, i went outside and walked a lil bit, felt very dizzy.
After 1 hour or so I laid down and fell asleep.
Woke up this morning and my head felt like a bomb.

Very uncomfortable experience.

YO guys.

Yesterday I took tramadol together with 5htp. IN addition I took Lexapro for 1 week which I stopped on Friday.

I guess I took like 750mg of Tramadol.

But I took a lot of 5htp.

In the nigh I woke up, I felt very weird, like kind of G overdose but not so dramatic.
I was very very sleepy, but I fought against the urge to fall asleep, cause I felt like if I go to sleep I stopped breathing (dont know how to describe )
So i stand up and walked around the house, i went outside and walked a lil bit, felt very dizzy.
After 1 hour or so I laid down and fell asleep.
Woke up this morning and my head felt like a bomb.

Very uncomfortable experience.
This is an incredibly dangerous combination. Not only are you risking serotonin syndrome by taking tramadol, 5htp and lexapro together but the huge dose of tramadol alone is enough to cause a seizure. 400mg is the seizure threshold with tramadol.

How are you feeling today?

This is an incredibly dangerous combination. Not only are you risking serotonin syndrome by taking tramadol, 5htp and lexapro together but the huge dose of tramadol alone is enough to cause a seizure. 400mg is the seizure threshold with tramadol.

How are you feeling today?
I feel quite normal.
Still have this pressure on my head.

I recommend people not to mess with tramadol because of the seizure issues. My first seizure was a tramadol overdose and I've had quite a few since. It's not cool that one you have one others become more likely.

I feel quite normal.
Still have this pressure on my head.
Ok well if you are feeling unwell then go and see a Dr. I don’t recommend you take any tramadol for a while. Give you body a chance to reset. Please do not take those doses, they are dangerous and please don’t mix tramadol with 5HTP or lexapro.

Well was this a seizure or what.?
You may feel tired AFTER having a seizure, but you would probably know if you had a seizure unless you were already asleep when it happened. However there are several different types of seizures. Every seizure I've had is sort of like blacking out, your vision goes, you lose control of your body.

Seizures come on very suddenly, in a matter of seconds. It's not a long process and in general there is no warning or time to react.

I've had a few, if you are awake you generally know it happens. I once had a major one while sleeping but was only aware it happened because I nearly bit my tongue in half (literally).

But as said, that combo is bound to give you serotonin syndrome let alone a seizure.

Last edited:
Dont believe in sero syndrome.
U guys ralk about a lot if it, in every thread there is sero syndrome.
Combined so iften so much shit together which would cause a sero syndrome in theorie but in never happenend.

Combined so iften so much shit together which would cause a sero syndrome in theorie but in never happenend.
Sounds like you experienced at least some of the effects of serotonin syndrome. You might not believe in it, but it’s definitely real.

Serotonin syndrom is real but very rare, in most cases it involves a MAO inhibitor for to reach dangerous territory but believe me even just a mild serotonin syndrome is painful and scary. And there's no way of telling in advance whether a given drug combo would give it to you or not.

Serotonin syndrom is real but very rare, in most cases it involves a MAO inhibitor for to reach dangerous territory but believe me even just a mild serotonin syndrome is painful and scary. And there's no way of telling in advance whether a given drug combo would give it to you or not.
Not the first time I took lexapro+5-htp plus tramadol and even+ methylphenidate.
I think i even took xtc in addition to that.
Never ever had sero syndrom.

I think its a myth like santa claus, very unlikebly to get that.
Remember took more than onxe 3-5 xtc pills on weekend.
Even then never had sero syndrome.

Last edited:
Tramadol is notorious for causing seizures.

My self and friends have done >1000mg of it and one of them had a one off tonic-clonic seizure that resolved with no lasting effects due to prompt treatment with Midazolam at home

Last edited:
Tramadol is notorious for causing seizures.

My self and friends have done >100mg of it and one of them had a one off tonic-clonic seizure that resolved with no lasting effects due to prompt treatment with Midazolam at home
I think ur friends are very small? Like 60kg? 70kg?
They get a seizure from eating a steak.

Please be careful serotonin is no joke. I thought I was immune till I wasn't taking suspect blottlers sold to my friend as lsd we thought was prob just 25i nmobe. He took a few nothing really major happened so I said screw it and we both took a blotter from this shady dude we didnt trust selling fake lsd to teens with no idea the dose on it. Then violent seizures. Over and over and over . Police and paramedics my mom said they blocked off the place like a crime scene. Lucky my dad was there because he had to hold me down because I was flailing so hard and had bruises well into inpatient weeks after.

Any please be safe and don't wait for multiple near death experiences

Wow Op, careful.
Before fucking around with tramadol and antidepresant or other serotonine releasing shit go to the Shrine and look Rip Oxydexmorphetamine.
He also ate his pills and then asked like you. Too late.
Count yourself lucky and ask before acting, don't act and then ask

I recommend people not to mess with tramadol because of the seizure issues. My first seizure was a tramadol overdose and I've had quite a few since. It's not cool that one you have one others become more likely.
Interesting. I guess that makes logical sense. After the first seizure the pathway is laid for more to occur. Wow. I never had a seizure ever. So any warning is important.

Serotonin syndrome is very real. This is a thread by a user who was confirmed to have passed away from it.

You might have got lucky before but I promise you you are playing with fire. Everyone thinks “it’ll never be me” and I assure you that they regret those words when they eventually end up suffering from it. It’s a horrible death.

Well was this a seizure or what.?
go see a doctor dude and get your whole body checked out and get an MRI etc
That type of recklessness is crazy, do the research about what your doing and learn about drug interactions, or else you will end up dead. Just a fellow partier that doesn't want to see another life lost to recreational drugs

Serotonin syndrome is very real. This is a thread by a user who was confirmed to have passed away from it.

You might have got lucky before but I promise you you are playing with fire. Everyone thinks “it’ll never be me” and I assure you that they regret those words when they eventually end up suffering from it. It’s a horrible death.
wow I just read that whole post and thats scary how people don't do the research on what chemicals there putting in there body and what drug interactions are. I am too scared to mix opiates and coke =, I couldn't imagine that. Its like taking a load of MDMA on anti depressants, its fucking a idiots suicide