• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dickhead of the year award

ive had it a few times but 1 in pparticular was unforgettable, the pressure in my head waas unreal and the pain, man it was throbbing an i could feel my brain presing against my skull as well as other symptons tho this was the most painful and scary by far. i was bed ridddden for the day. dirty hits r nott to be laughed at.

I was never actually taught how to shoot up in person.
Or even in a video. Just a couple of thousand hours reading the ins and outs (pin and pun most certainly intended) and horror stories.
Never start. Seriously. Quitting the Heroin was a piece of piss compared to the spike I used to deliver it.

It is absolutely incomprehensible just how low you will sink without even noticing.
I once shoved my bare fingers through the teeth of a sin bin in my drawer to pull out a used, unsterilised 1ml hypodermic - it wasn't even for drugs.
It was for pure saline. I needed to shoot up something as much as I needed to breathe.

Old people's veins are a real challenge. The dorsum veins are often those tiny bright purple thread like ones which are a nightmare to cannulate....unfortunately those are the people most likely to need IV drugs in the first place.

People in hypovolemic shock are almost impossible too.

Those manakins are great but definItely represent a best case scenario.
People with hypovolaemia are a nightmare to cannulate. Old people i can usually manage ok with but dehydrated patients can be almost impossible sometimes.

I was never actually taught how to shoot up in person.
Or even in a video. Just a couple of thousand hours reading the ins and outs (pin and pun most certainly intended) and horror stories.
Never start. Seriously. .

Likewise, butchered my arms in the process. Although by day 2 I had attained a more fluid less damaging technique. By the end of the week I'd had enough.

Never injected myself. Had heroin injected by a girlfriend about a dozen times which i never enjoyed and meth which i did enjoy a few times by friends when i was young. Never learnt how to do it as i knew i would become obsessed about it. Years later i learnt how as part of my job but would not dream of putting unsterile substances directly into my bloodstream. I have seen patients who have lost limbs because of infections or from shooting pills. You can use all the sterile equipment, water for injection, swab the site etc but the substance not being sterile is something that cannot be avoided. So no iv for consumer unless i am in hospital and its done by a professional with everything sterile.

When I was in hospital earlier in the year I shared a ward with a heroin user who was admitted to have a collosal abscess on his groin operated on after it became infected. He was a pleasant lad and we used to go off for a fag together sometimes. Anyway I got him to show me said infection site and it was truely horrible. It was a huge pussfilled hole in his groin that looked.....well just awful. I would of thought that somewhere along the timeline you would think this isnt a great idea and just go back to smoking it or something but I guess when you're that far into it common sense takes a back burner.

You should be a seen the fuck on when a procession of doctors and nurses came round to get a blood sample out of what remained of his hand, arm and feet veins though....I think they gave up in the end.

Felt so sorry for the lad as be bad fuck all....when I was discharged I gave him twenty quid to spend at the hospital shop and what was left of my baccy pouch.

When I was in hospital earlier in the year I shared a ward with a heroin user who was admitted to have a collosal abscess on his groin operated on after it became infected. He was a pleasant lad and we used to go off for a fag together sometimes. Anyway I got him to show me said infection site and it was truely horrible. It was a huge pussfilled hole in his groin that looked.....well just awful. I would of thought that somewhere along the timeline you would think this isnt a great idea and just go back to smoking it or something but I guess when you're that far into it common sense takes a back burner.

You should be a seen the fuck on when a procession of doctors and nurses came round to get a blood sample out of what remained of his hand, arm and feet veins though....I think they gave up in the end.

Felt so sorry for the lad as be bad fuck all....when I was discharged I gave him twenty quid to spend at the hospital shop and what was left of my baccy pouch.
Yeah i have seen much the same thing. Enough to stop me ever doing it even though i am skilled at tapping peoples veins. I was going to do the PICC line course as well but left the hospital for my new job before i got around to it. Those things are a bloody marvelous invention. IV access for months.As are port-a-caths. Changing cannula sites every three days as was the hospital policy was not great on the patients but necessary.

I'm, uh, pretty good at hitting veins - and sorta considered phlebotomy at one point...but as a "reformed" IVDU, i guess i find the whole needleplay thing a bit too triggering.
God, the smell of isopropyl alchol used to get me craving a shot. Bad.

Despite my ridiculous behaviour yesterday one thing I definitely dont have a problem with is a fixation on needles or injecting. In fact, I really don't enjoy the process in the slightest - I'm always on tenderhooks until I get a register and finish the shot. I do enjoy the sensation far too much however which is why I do it, but as Ive said many times, I smoke most of my gear - I just start with a shot to establish a nice bassline buzz after which I hit the jimmy to maintain and increase the peace. Ive always preferred relaxing with a plate as you can savour the golden goose where as I get nothing from the IV process - bang - and thats the bag gone. Yesterdays display of my retarded behaviour was driven by boredom and nothing else.

Shooting gear is one thing but some injecting practices such as shooting methadone, oramorph or un-filtered pills is just maddness.....

Although not fair to judge really as you never know what brought the person to that stage in their life where they thought doing that would be a good idea.....

Where as I do fixate on needles. Ever since I slipped that first one into me... As bad or maybe worse than the actual substance addiction itself.

Having avoided it for so so long I really do kick myself for opening that can of worms..:\

I don't think anyone thinks its a good idea, its just a continuation of a long line of bad ideas.

I meant more shooting oral medicines and unfiltered pills rather than just shooting in general

Yeah I know mate. Just more poor decisions. Due to lack of information I'd hazard a guess that alot don't see the difference between a drug intended for IV solution and the danger of pills and particles in the bloodstream or popped under the skin.

Judging by some of the conversations in OD, even adequate information doesn't matter to some people. Pills, Amien, Wellbutrin, some people will shoot anything, often in the most unsafe manner possible. I don't know how they arrived at that point.

To fly in the face of factual information is daft, no question. When you find yourself in that place, self preservation takes a back seat over fleeting insta gratification.

That point is arrived at from poor information or a 'fuck it attitude'. If they hear the advice but don't put it into action. Well, that's on them. Just as I except my choices are nobody else's.

Ive done enough damage with street smack alone, never been tempted to fuck around with micron filters and inject tablets or anything else. Ive never injected a stimulant either, which in my right frame of mind I wouldn't do as my veins are tiny enough and the vasoconstriction would probably make my wires shut up shop altogether. Even despite my current rationality, I considered cranking some of the 3fpm i bought the other week while I was out of it tripping, but thankfully I had access to a friend on the phone who was sort of long distance trip - sitting for me, and of course, they acted as the voice of reason by talking me out of doing it. It goes without saying that I would have seriously injured myself if it wasn't for him rationally talking me out of it but with the state I was in I would have probably had a cardiac arrest if I had gone ahead with it and been successful, so it potentially saved my life.

There seems to be something about 3 which makes - even those who have never ivd anything - want to bang it.. The amount of substances passed through pin to my body are limited. 3F-pm is by far the most destructive I've come across.

Not just to the veins either, inflammation I've noticed on forearms. To gwy a real kick from it you're dosing 300mg min up too anywhere near a half a gram. My most high 300's.

I won't deny it feels fuckin good. But that dose and concentration tears your vein apart, you can literally watch it.

Stick to vaping, by the sounds of it the BA is much better anyway...

Glad you didn't go ahead Stee.....

It wasn't to hard to avoid it doing it the end, as the mate who talked me out of it is a genuine expert and authoritarian in such matters and despite the state I was in his words rang thru clear as a bell. Like I said in another post, I prefer smoking my gear so why try and crank the one stim you can chase in the same fashion. Moment of madness, perhaps induced by the lysergemide I had taken if one had to guess.

Trying to hit a vein whilst tripping ain't the easiest either. I'm impatient cunt but even I saw the sense in waiting until I could see straight...

Thats what I meant by injury. I would have probably stuck it in my cockhole or my eye.