• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dextromethorphan body euphoria better than morphine?

They say DXO is more like ketamine while DXM is more delusion-inducing and visual. So 2D6 fast metabolizers will get more of the good part but I'm not so sure, since it will take some time to convert all into DXO and for me the good effects started instantly, as well as do now the acoustic hallucinations. I'd love to try DXO alone but it's difficult to imitate liver enzymes in vitro.

Well, it's more the NRI part as you can't overdose on a selective SRI, a fluoxetine megadose of 120mg was exact the same as 40mg, just that it would allow more days before redosing. Just that no drug is really selective and there are off-targets which mediate the side effects. It's possible that DXM binds to other, unmentioned sites because they'd have checked regular dosages, max. 100mg, not overdoses for binding profile. Just Idk which receptor, kappa-opioid is very different too (salvia divinorum). It might be anticholinergic activity but when that was potent, it'd induce dry mouth before any hallucinations which it doesn't. Maybe selective for one subtype of mAChR's.
A buddy thinks that sigma is responsible for the psychotomimetic effects but I tried both selective sigmaergics pentoxyverine and noscapine, in massive overdose, and got no effects at all.

Oh you're one of the first people to get the same or similar movement effects! My mind projects it into my legs and feet now but before it was in the stomach. Or when I'd lie down and close my eyes, listening to soft music I'd leave my body and float around freely. Did you try that? It's an incredible feeling.

Yeah, dissociatives can feel very magic. Idk if I learned anything from them besides to let go, but it were some of the most intense experiences in my life, almost religious.
They are safe unless seriously over-overdosed like over 1g of DXM, the arylcyclohexylamines are safer and just knock you out when overdone but it's pretty difficult to die from them. But I had the same moments of panic before I knew that it's just the threshold of full dissociation, when the connection to the body will be cut temporarily and thus no more feeling for breathing and heartbeat but the body takes care of them.
Honestly, most of the time when it happened (referring to the ring of fire thing), it was when I had friends over or was around some one. I did not think to lay down, I kind of just sat there saying "omg, omg" in my head over and over until it stopped. lol

Only way I can explain is that it would feel like if there were a big ring on fire and it was doing loops and passing through my body, I felt it. I would feel burning in my toes that would rise up & eventually make it's way through my stomach and head & then back around again to my feet. But instead of moving in me in a linear fashion, it felt more like a hoola-hoop circulating over and over and when the "hoop" would go through my body, I'd feel the tingly burning sensations. And then usually the elevator type feeling in my stomach would happen during this and I'd get bad anxiety. It was so bizarre. I have read a few peoples accounts on here who have had the same kind of thing happened to them. We might all be describing a similar effect but it's so subjective to explain.

There was one time I had taken extended release DXM and DXM hbr. And I was about half way through the trip or even towards the end and I went to a friends house and she smoked 2 big fat bowls with me. At this point everything changed. I suddenly couldn't feel my body anymore. She could tell something was off with me and freaked out. I told her to just try and give me a ride home. lol Once I got home, I laid down on the couch near my mom and told her I thought I might be dying. I had been on so many DXM trips up until this point, but I hadn't mixed it with cannabis that much and the trip I was now having felt completely different. It did feel like I was floating outside of my body. Everything kind of took of a movie-quality to it and I got this strong sensation that I was watching the end of my life playing out, but in a weird abstract movie type of way. I thought for sure I had ODed or was close to dying as it felt so profound. I could not feel myself breathing or a heart beat. I could feel a very vague sensation in the lowest back part of my stomach. Near my tail bone or right above that around my spine. (Reminds me of a kundalini awakening or something, although I'm not sure I've ever experienced that) In my anxiety ridden mind I thought maybe it was an organ shutting down or something. lol

I had a few more trips as profound as this one after and all involved cannabis, so I think there's some kind of interaction there. Generally without cannabis, the dxm trips became more and more variable in not so good ways (no euphoria, no trip, side effects)

Same here tho, I'm not sure if I ever learned anything at the time, but looking back on it, DXM really taught me how to let go. During the main days when I used it a lot, I was in a state of despair from a break up & constantly angry at the thoughts of the person being with somebody else and everything. But once I went on a DXM trip, it's like all that jealousy and anger slipped away and I could finally just love people for who they were, regardless of what they were doing or what was going on. I felt more connected to everyone and everything as a whole. And the dying trips made me really appreciate being alive after they were over some times. lol

I carried this 'knowledge' with me til the present day tho too. I'm a much more mild mannered and calmer person now than I was years and years ago. Maybe it's just getting older, but I feel like DXM really helped me see things differently and shaped how I turned out now.

I wonder if the ratios of dxm/dxo can also provide the optimal experience. Sort of how like heroin is great because it attaches to all 3 opioid receptors in just the right amounts & ways.

From a subjective standpoint, I have read that both methamphetamine & DXM affect Sigma in some ways. And I have noticed that both meth & DXM have a "darkness" type feeling about them. Almost like my consciousness has been lowered or dimmed. Even my vision will seem bland and a bit dimmer. This usually occurs after I come down off of a meth binge (usually after I've slept and then wake up refreshed but don't use anymore meth). This same feeling or a feeling very similar to it happens during the DXM afterglow for me as well. Everything still feels kind of fuzzy and nice but everything feels dimmer & darker at the same time. Like everything is shrouded in a black haze. I wonder if Sigma plays into this feeling in anyway. Or if it's just from neurotransmitter depletion (although it can be euphoric at times, which would indicate neurotransmitters not being so low, but idk).

Anyway, I always learn something or get to thinking when talking to you plumbus. Appreciate it!

Last edited:
If you have clean dxm at hand HBr demethylates it right away.
There's a single report about DXO on erowid, which is bad - the subject experienced no effects besides a deep droning sound, which didn't disappear for some months. He said to having tested the substance and it was pure (but Idk whether this means that it also was pure DXO and not something else). But as DXO is the major metabolite of DXM, it can't be so toxic.

How do you mean, demethylates right away - in the body or as powder when keeping for some time?

I always used BexinⓇ and later PulmoforⓇ which both contain pure DXM HBr, no other active ingredients. Pulmofor is time released and gives slightly different effects but overall it's same, just has some lag time.

There's a single report about DXO on erowid, which is bad - the subject experienced no effects besides a deep droning sound, which didn't disappear for some months. He said to having tested the substance and it was pure (but Idk whether this means that it also was pure DXO and not something else). But as DXO is the major metabolite of DXM, it can't be so toxic.

How do you mean, demethylates right away - in the body or as powder when keeping for some time?

I always used BexinⓇ and later PulmoforⓇ which both contain pure DXM HBr, no other active ingredients. Pulmofor is time released and gives slightly different effects but overall it's same, just has some lag time.
That's another strange effect I get a lot.

Especially if there's fans or machinery of some type some where near by, my mind will be hyperfocused on this droning machinery noise.
it almost reminds me of how old TV's would cut out at night and just have that tone sound playing.
I can remember vividly going to use the bathroom on DXM many times and while in there, I would just stare and start to become aware of a loud droning sound.

It seemed like if I was zoned out, the droning sound became more and more audible. But if I focused on music or something else, it would go away.

Hearing it for months would be insane, but in some strange way I've come to kind of like it.

How do you mean, demethylates right away - in the body or as powder when keeping for some time

I didnt read a Protokoll concerning this but it is HBr that they use to demethylate a phenolic ether.

Yeah idk, maybe some people like it, but I think when speaking as generally, universally, and objectively as possible there's no way you could compare dxm to morphine. Granted, as others have said, oral morphine just isn't as strong.

Oh it is. Proper poppy tea is a massive and quite Fun experience.
Fair enough, I meant like, just regular old like 30mg morphine pills and stuff like that.

Mkay, I had 5mg morphine once, popped it in the Bus on the way to the university. Then i got into a Strange Not that fun headspace. Nothing half, nothing whole. Low Dose morphine is nothing i can cope with. I need around 15-25mg.

Mkay, I had 5mg morphine once, popped it in the Bus on the way to the university. Then i got into a Strange Not that fun headspace. Nothing half, nothing whole. Low Dose morphine is nothing i can cope with. I need around 15-25mg.
That's weird. I don't think that I would even notice or feel 5mg morphine in any way, even if I wasn't on Suboxone.

Oh it is. Proper poppy tea is a massive and quite Fun experience.

Absolutely it is. But DXM is absolutely wild and transports you to weird dissociative places. That sort of level of intensity can't be matched by morphine, I think is the point. That said, I find morphine WAYYYYY more pleasurable. DXM feels very dirty to me. Though I have never been beyond second plateau, I think. It just doesn't really agree with me.

The body euphoria from DXM is more of just a feeling of disconnect from your body, like a numbness.

That would be classic disso comfiness. As i said with DXM i would also (and predominantly) feel the euphoria in the joints and every small shift would feel extremely good, enough to make me moan, which (almost) no other drug has made me. In addition i would sometimes feel tingling in my feet.

I had great time just lying in bed (since at 150mg+ dosage i feel nauseated in stomach when moving), feeling the euphoria while my mind traveled to beautiful places, exploring my own self as if i grew up in other (better) timelines. Not sure if that's because it was my first disso or it's just that different than standard dissos. As people have said its definitely dirty drug, i still stand behind the fact it affects serotonin quite a bit because it also causes pupil dilation amongst other things.