• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dextromethorphan body euphoria better than morphine?

fugme

Bluelighter
Back when DXM was my first disso ever (and i sporadically used serotonergic drugs) i would get this AMAZING body euphoria, mainly in the joints whenever i slightly moved them. I don't think i've moaned from a drug before. I have used oral morphine about a year or less later and while nodding is quite pleasurable in its own way, but can't compare to DXM, which if it was more consistent and less dependable on several factors i'd rank as one of my favorite drugs.

What is your opinion on this?

Back when DXM was my first disso ever (and i sproadically used serotonergic drugs) i would get this AMAZING body euphoria, mainly in the joints whenever i slightly moved them. I don't think i've moaned from a drug before. I have used oral morphine about a year or less later and while nodding is quite pleasurable in its own way, but can't compare to DXM, which if it was more consistent and less dependable on several factors i'd rank as one of my favorite drugs.

Iv morphine then comeback and I want to see if you will say the same.

I was thinking the same thing but boy i don't want to mess with needles, not even for IM. How about intranasal heroin would that be close enough?

Intranasal heroin is definitely much better than any route of morphine that isn’t IV. To me morphine can really only be recreational that route, unfortunately. Heroin on the other hand I almost prefer nasal to IV, something about the high I like. If good heroin ever came back I’m scared with how my life is currently I’d go back.

-GC

Back when DXM was my first disso ever (and i sporadically used serotonergic drugs) i would get this AMAZING body euphoria, mainly in the joints whenever i slightly moved them. I don't think i've moaned from a drug before. I have used oral morphine about a year or less later and while nodding is quite pleasurable in its own way, but can't compare to DXM, which if it was more consistent and less dependable on several factors i'd rank as one of my favorite drugs.

I've never had euphoria from DXM at any dose. All it does is numb my body.

The good dose is 150mg for me. 180mg makes me too sick and 210mg i have only done once and never again. Felt sick for 2 days.
I should note that any tolerance to dissos and serotonergic drugs (yes people will argue otherwise but i have my trip reports) meaning psychedelics or entactogens diminishes euphoria quite significantly. I noted several times taking MDMA 1 or even 2 weeks prior affects the high of DXM.

People seem to have a wide variance in responses to DXM. Some people seem to find it extremely euphoric and fantastic, some even say it's their favorite recreational drug. Personally I find it to feel dirty and unpleasant, so for me, even codeine has a better body high.

People seem to have a wide variance in responses to DXM. Some people seem to find it extremely euphoric and fantastic, some even say it's their favorite recreational drug. Personally I find it to feel dirty and unpleasant, so for me, even codeine has a better body high.
For me dxm is very euphoric beyond the second plataue or so.
Comeups and low doses just feels dirty like you say.

It's hard to judge because the DXM euphoria release follows such excruciatingly torturous come-up. That makes it feel better than it perhaps more objectively would be.

But of course one can always carefully combine the pros.

Dissociative (and so also DXM) create a subjectively stronger euphoria than morphine, it is different but first I was dead sure these compounds must be mu agonists. Then I tried morphine and was disappointed, it didn't touch the bar DXM & MXE set, but the addiction devil comes fast and without empathy.

Yeah, disso + opi makes a very euphoric combo but I'd say MXE + MDMA will be stronger.

I have to say, I feel a little envious of those people out there getting a better physical euphoria from DXM than morphine. . . There's a lot to be said for being a "cheap date" (to use an old-time expression) . . . you know?

The main effect of DXM is to make me feel "a little bit weird" and/or "kind of out-of-it" (to use scientific terminology), something that holds true at doses of 60mg & 180mg alike. (I'm unable to recall how what it felt like the few times I took 200-300mg. . . .)

Whereas morphine – even orally – has the primary effect of making me feel "goddamn amazing" and/or "blissfully indifferent" at similar doses (adjusted for tolerance, natch).
I will say this: it's certainly subtler than DXM, which could be a negative for some.

Morphine is definitely more reliable imho, DXM has too many variables to take into account to achieve that perfect high. But then again so does every other disso and psychedelic.

Yeah, disso + opi makes a very euphoric combo but I'd say MXE + MDMA will be stronger

The first Time i had mxe i was on 150mg mdma. After the mdma i had Sex and after this a line of mxe. I looked utterly destroyed aftwards but the headspace was fine.

Heroin & painkiller body euphoria is better than DXM in my opinion.

But it's also like comparing apples & oranges. The body euphoria from DXM is more of just a feeling of disconnect from your body, like a numbness.

Both are great. but i'd go with an opioid any time (except a partial agonist) over DXM mainly because there's less side effects and you're more guaranteed a euphoria.

I use to get pretty great trips from DXM. Until they started making me feel like I was gonna die all the time.
Then I quit for 4 years and recently tried a 600mg dose. Barely tripped. Felt like a stroke patient, my head felt like it was submerged in mud. No euphoria or insight at all. Not sure why either.

DXM is a shitty dissociative, like you say it is a unreliable, psychotic and head numbing mess. Also indeed after some years it doesn't work anymore (the so called 50 trip limit).
You'll understand dissociatives when you try MXE-esque substances like MXiPr, DMXE, or DCK. Currently legal :)

DXM is a shitty dissociative, like you say it is a unreliable, psychotic and head numbing mess. Also indeed after some years it doesn't work anymore (the so called 50 trip limit).
You'll understand dissociatives when you try MXE-esque substances like MXiPr, DMXE, or DCK. Currently legal :)
Agreed.

I have yet to try anything MXE related, but I keep hearing about it.

I've been on atleast a 100 or more DXM trips & every single experience was different, but the shitty side effects were consistent
Some one posted a few days ago that they had been taking 300mg a day for over a month. I couldn't imagine that. lol 300mg isn't huge but it's still a hefty dose to be taking daily. Don't think I could have done that. I mostly just did 600mg trips a handful of times of a month over the course of years.

I've been on atleast a 100 or more DXM trips & every single experience was different, but the shitty side effects were consistent
Some one posted a few days ago that they had been taking 300mg a day for over a month. I couldn't imagine that. lol 300mg isn't huge but it's still a hefty dose to be taking daily. Don't think I could have done that. I mostly just did 600mg trips a handful of times of a month over the course of years.
I've been on 150-200mg/d for months in my teens, it was the only antidepressant which worked reliably and the headspace was amazing, it made me loose all fears but still in control, turned me from an introverted nerd into an outgoing person (confirmed by more than just one or two people). Nowadays (15 years later) it would just make me feel like shit, my brain mushed and hearing whispers and strange noise, while the arylcyclohexylamine based dissociatives work like they are intended to, just that I need to take much higher dosages than a disso-naive individual.

DXM involves overdosing on a SNRI for example, but I can't nail it down where the real, psychotomimetic side effects come from because on paper DXO is similar like all the dissociatives but in vivo it is a very different beast.

I've been on 150-200mg/d for months in my teens, it was the only antidepressant which worked reliably and the headspace was amazing, it made me loose all fears but still in control, turned me from an introverted nerd into an outgoing person (confirmed by more than just one or two people). Nowadays (15 years later) it would just make me feel like shit, my brain mushed and hearing whispers and strange noise, while the arylcyclohexylamine based dissociatives work like they are intended to, just that I need to take much higher dosages than a disso-naive individual.

DXM involves overdosing on a SNRI for example, but I can't nail it down where the real, psychotomimetic side effects come from because on paper DXO is similar like all the dissociatives but in vivo it is a very different beast.
I often forget about DXO.

Makes me wonder what the ratios of DXM/DXO were inside me during different trips and how it impacted the trips.

Never really looked at it that way (overdosing on SNRI), but I guess you're right. I wonder what kind of long term effects this would cause?

I feel a little left out since DXM is the only disso I have experience with. I'd love to see what the other ones are like.

I've had some glorious times on DXM though. Maybe it was just cause I was delusional during the trip, but they some times felt very "magical" and felt like they had some kind of importance or meaning in my life. This feeling a lone could make some feel pretty damn good.

Then other times it was either very underwhelming (almost annoying) and then other times I would get really creepy side effects that felt like my body had a "ring of fire" circulating around it & I'd get a feeling of going up & down in an elevator in the top of my stomach and it would of course lead to me to panic attacks cause it would feel so bizarre. Not sure why this would happen on some trips and not others. Many times I thought "oh shit, I accidentally did it" (as in killed myself or injured an organ from doing too much).

I often forget about DXO.
Makes me wonder what the ratios of DXM/DXO were inside me during different trips and how it impacted the trips.
They say DXO is more like ketamine while DXM is more delusion-inducing and visual. So 2D6 fast metabolizers will get more of the good part but I'm not so sure, since it will take some time to convert all into DXO and for me the good effects started instantly, as well as do now the acoustic hallucinations. I'd love to try DXO alone but it's difficult to imitate liver enzymes in vitro.

Never really looked at it that way (overdosing on SNRI), but I guess you're right. I wonder what kind of long term effects this would cause?
Well, it's more the NRI part as you can't overdose on a selective SRI, a fluoxetine megadose of 120mg was exact the same as 40mg, just that it would allow more days before redosing. Just that no drug is really selective and there are off-targets which mediate the side effects. It's possible that DXM binds to other, unmentioned sites because they'd have checked regular dosages, max. 100mg, not overdoses for binding profile. Just Idk which receptor, kappa-opioid is very different too (salvia divinorum). It might be anticholinergic activity but when that was potent, it'd induce dry mouth before any hallucinations which it doesn't. Maybe selective for one subtype of mAChR's.
A buddy thinks that sigma is responsible for the psychotomimetic effects but I tried both selective sigmaergics pentoxyverine and noscapine, in massive overdose, and got no effects at all.

I've had some glorious times on DXM though. Maybe it was just cause I was delusional during the trip, but they some times felt very "magical" and felt like they had some kind of importance or meaning in my life. This feeling a lone could make some feel pretty damn good.

Then other times it was either very underwhelming (almost annoying) and then other times I would get really creepy side effects that felt like my body had a "ring of fire" circulating around it & I'd get a feeling of going up & down in an elevator in the top of my stomach and it would of course lead to me to panic attacks cause it would feel so bizarre. Not sure why this would happen on some trips and not others. Many times I thought "oh shit, I accidentally did it" (as in killed myself or injured an organ from doing too much).
Oh you're one of the first people to get the same or similar movement effects! My mind projects it into my legs and feet now but before it was in the stomach. Or when I'd lie down and close my eyes, listening to soft music I'd leave my body and float around freely. Did you try that? It's an incredible feeling.

Yeah, dissociatives can feel very magic. Idk if I learned anything from them besides to let go, but it were some of the most intense experiences in my life, almost religious.
They are safe unless seriously over-overdosed like over 1g of DXM, the arylcyclohexylamines are safer and just knock you out when overdone but it's pretty difficult to die from them. But I had the same moments of panic before I knew that it's just the threshold of full dissociation, when the connection to the body will be cut temporarily and thus no more feeling for breathing and heartbeat but the body takes care of them.