• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine, sleep opens Serotonin tap?

Ksa

Ex-Bluelighter
(This post expired and was deleted by virtue of the 5th amendment)

Last edited:
No one? You guys are feeding Rudolph or something? ^_^

Sorry, out feeding Rudolph. I read and re read your post and short answer is, I don't know about all that. I'm not doubting it, but not putting money on it. I have been taking dextroamphetamine, and have had nothing close to what you are describing. Wouldn't the same happen with Adderall then?

Last edited:
Further above my head, but very intresting. I'd love to train my body that way.

Last edited:
I'm really going to get on this. Very interesting. I don't want to rob myself.

Dextroamphetamine doesn't really release serotonin, it only increases levels in the brain very slightly. I believe it has an extremely low affinity for the serotonin receptors it affects (if any, I read conflicting things even trying to look it up again to confirm while writing this).

It should have even less of an effect on serotonin levels after taking it daily for years, so I'm not really sure I'm understanding what's happening to you. I'm definitely certain that dextroamphetamine has barely any effect on serotonin, so these symptoms you speak of may be completely psychosomatic.

L-tryptophan is converted into 5-HTP in the body and then from there it's turned into serotonin. Tons of foods contain tryptophan, so I'm not sure how you would be completely avoiding 5-HTP other than not eating food at all. You don't need to take that directly for your body to produce serotonin, all you need is tryptophan which is then made into 5-HTP.

I'm going to quote an individual post from another thread regarding the serotonin activity of dextroamphetamine.

Meth is only slightly powerful at releasing NE and DA, it is potency comes from its solubility in fatty tissues.
NE release DA release SERT release
EC 50 (nM ± SD) EC 50 (nM ± SD) EC 50 (nM ± SD)
(+)-Amphetamine 7.07 ± 0.95 - 24.8 ± 3.5 - 1,765 ± 94
(+)-Methamphetamine 12.3 ± 0.7 - 24.5 ± 2.1 - 736 ± 45

As you can see amphetamine is active an mM range, this means you need a very big dose to induce release of SERT, meth on the other hand is 2.5 time potent and it is very likely that recreational doses will elevate serotonine levels.
As for the dose - I cannot answer you, maybe more educated person will.

So, what exactly is your question then? Because dextroamphetamine basically doesn't affect serotonin at a level that has much of an effect.

Last edited:
Refer to next post.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
This is a retarded formulation:

(+)-Amphetamine 7.07 ± 0.95 - 24.8 ± 3.5 - 1,765 ± 94

It should be:

NE(250) DA(71) SE(1)

The figures are now adjusted so that they reflect activity and are adjusted so that the lowest activity is 1. Isn't that more clear to read? Lol.

Last edited: