⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

SonOF said:
Dexter has really gotten excellent. Is there going to be a season 3? Season two is drawing to an amazing climax.

I wonder that myself. It almost feels like it would be the last season if I didn't know any better. I'm sure the show will get him out of this mess somehow(i.e. Doakes taking the fall).

GreatSpaceCoaster said:
I wonder that myself. It almost feels like it would be the last season if I didn't know any better. I'm sure the show will get him out of this mess somehow(i.e. Doakes taking the fall).

I felt the same way, especially seeing the previews for the next episode; not sure how Dex is going to get out of this one.

Seeing Dex scream at Lila at the end of the episode was awesome/intense (since he rarely shows anger). :)

Anyone else get annoyed by Deborah? I swear she falls in love with anything that moves. Also, when picturing her while reading the book, I pictured her much hotter/prettier (the actress that plays her now has a nice body but a bit of a man-ish face, IMO).

uNhoLeee said:
season 2 complete shit, utterly disgusted by what it has turned into. i stopped at ep 4 btw.

That was a bad time to stop. It got really excellent. Oh well, your loss.

deb is fine, lundy creeps me out. the last episode did it for me... ick. nothing about the age difference.. just his attitude and aggressiveness of the last time they were together in his place.

Anyone here watching 'Tell me you love me'? I watched the first two episodes, thought it was alright, not nearly as good as Dexter.

SonOF said:
Dexter has really gotten excellent. Is there going to be a season 3? Season two is drawing to an amazing climax.

Yea, there is going to be Dexter season 3. Not sure when it premieres, though.

More info here.

marcos98573 said:
Yea, there is going to be Dexter season 3. Not sure when it premieres, though.

More info here.

Awesome, good to hear. I swear, between HBO and Showtime (and some sports channels), I don't need any other television. :)

SonOF said:
That was a bad time to stop. It got really excellent. Oh well, your loss.

no it really wasn't, from the last episode i watched (as i struggled to keep it down like i was force-fed nutmeg and sorbitol)

annoying subplots, la guerta's boss + her cheating partner. fuck off home n away
music out of place - especially that new crappy musical cue
'dont call her a cun*' ... ..... .... should i even bother
zoom at the end was gimmicky as anything, can you say 3rd rate show cliffhanger
sponsor + dex in cafe played out like prison break drama... come on.
first series was methodical and writing style was amazing, i especially like how they made things up that weren't in the book and it still integrated very well.
ep 3 didnt seem to have this at all. i did enjoy s2 ep 1 + 2 though.

cant remember ep 4 since it was rubbish and subsequently put where it belongs in the recycling bin.

uNhoLeee said:
no it really wasn't, from the last episode i watched (as i struggled to keep it down like i was force-fed nutmeg and sorbitol)

annoying subplots, la guerta's boss + her cheating partner. fuck off home n away
music out of place - especially that new crappy musical cue
'dont call her a cun*' ... ..... .... should i even bother
zoom at the end was gimmicky as anything, can you say 3rd rate show cliffhanger
sponsor + dex in cafe played out like prison break drama... come on.
first series was methodical and writing style was amazing, i especially like how they made things up that weren't in the book and it still integrated very well.
ep 3 didnt seem to have this at all. i did enjoy s2 ep 1 + 2 though.

cant remember ep 4 since it was rubbish and subsequently put where it belongs in the recycling bin.

they got rid of that first annoying subplot you mentioned (in fact, La Guerta's boss hasn't even been on screen), and I don't even know what you are talking about with half of the other shit you mention...

'dont call her a cun*' ... ..... .... should i even bother I don't know if you should bother, because I don't know what the hell you are referring to.

zoom at the end was gimmicky as anything, can you say 3rd rate show cliffhanger..who cares? some little camera aspect you don't like makes a TV series unwatchable?

sponsor + dex in cafe played out like prison break drama... come on...how so?

I think you are really nitpicking. The show isn't flawless, but it's damn well done.

Your loss, because you just missed tonight's episode, where all I can say is WOW. The way the case took a turn tonight, yikes. I won't give any details for those who've yet to see it. Too much crazy shit going down, and there's still three eps to go before the season ends.

SonOF said:
they got rid of that first annoying subplot you mentioned (in fact, La Guerta's boss hasn't even been on screen), and I don't even know what you are talking about with half of the other shit you mention...

Beside the fact, they still had it in there??

'dont call her a cun*' ... ..... .... should i even bother I don't know if you should bother, because I don't know what the hell you are referring to.

a cunt.
if you don't remember it, try more a.d.d. medication. (ep 3)

zoom at the end was gimmicky as anything, can you say 3rd rate show cliffhanger..who cares? some little camera aspect you don't like makes a TV series unwatchable?

yes, it was utter trash and gimmicky.

sponsor + dex in cafe played out like prison break drama... come on...how so?

uuuh the worst confrontation of the show, sappy, pathetic, emotionally boring, need a new script dexter. what they blow their budget for a good story line on cocaine?..

I think you are really nitpicking. The show isn't flawless, but it's damn well done.

I think you are a mindless idiot entertained by any compost heap, but thats just an opinion. Fact was season 1 was flawless, and EASILY better then the book.

Loving this show so much, even more now it's managed to keep its momentum and integrity well into the second series. :)

I'm with you guys on the Lundy thing - there has to be something up there! =D

uNhoLeee said:
I think you are a mindless idiot entertained by any compost heap, but thats just an opinion. Fact was season 1 was flawless, and EASILY better then the book.

Nah, you are a snob who gives up on an excellent show because, let me see, there were 2 scenes (or lines) that you thought were poorly done or over-dramatic, and there was one case of a camera technique you thought was improperly used. What are you, a film student, writer or director who never made it, so you rip apart every aspect of "successful" shows?

I can't think of a show where I didn't think at some point "damn, they should have done that differently," or "I didn't like the way they handled character X," but I didn't completely boycott the show for such reasons. Shit, the The Sopranos fucked up almost weekly, but it was still damn entertaining. On Weeds (another Showtime favorite), they killed off a major character (U-Turn) by having him have a random heart attack (even though he was a fit, young guy), but I still watch the show.

Don't take things so seriously. Although we expect a certain quality from these shows (they aren't daytime soap operas), entertainment should still be priority number one.

I can't think of a show where I didn't think at some point "damn, they should have done that differently," or "I didn't like the way they handled character X," but I didn't completely boycott the show for such reasons. Shit, the The Sopranos fucked up almost weekly, but it was still damn entertaining. On Weeds (another Showtime favorite), they killed off a major character (U-Turn) by having him have a random heart attack (even though he was a fit, young guy), but I still watch the show.

Yeah no doubt with all your posts you didn't have colour tv back in the day either.

absolutely lovin it. this and weeds are the two i can't wait to watch every week.

i can't wait to watch lila break down and go nutso, i think it will be pretty damned entertaining. and like someone above mentioned, i think and hope he knocks her off.

uNhoLeee said:
Yeah no doubt with all your posts you didn't have colour tv back in the day either.

what are you talking about exactly?

GreatSpaceCoaster said:
Your loss, because you just missed tonight's episode, where all I can say is WOW. The way the case took a turn tonight, yikes. I won't give any details for those who've yet to see it. Too much crazy shit going down, and there's still three eps to go before the season ends.

I watched in On Demand today because I missed it last night. Great stuff.

Just watched episode 9.
Wow great cliff hanger-how the fuck is Dexter going to rectify this I wonder.
I find myself routing for Dex but at the same time don't feel its right for Doakes to cop the flak. After all he was right all along.

I'm getting a bit worried that the way this season is going it is going to make it hard to follow up with a season three-anyone else see this?

So how many episodes remain in season two? Is it eleven as in season one?