• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Developing a predisposition to hallucinogen induced psychosis

Really interesting stories.

After a lot of use and some abuse too I developed some psychobreaks too. Currently I only do microdoses of psychs and dissos and it produces 0 breaks and 90% of the time heavenly uTrips and tons of physical, mental and spiritual cleansing.

I havent touched cannabis for ages. That´s my recipe.

For the original poster: wait till you feel 100% in control again. It could take 6 months or 2 years. But it will come. Then, maybe you can try microdoses and test waters. Going for a full dose is like playing russian rulette, but udoses, in my case always work. Know yourself

For the original poster: wait till you feel 100% in control again. It could take 6 months or 2 years. But it will come. Then, maybe you can try microdoses and test waters. Going for a full dose is like playing russian rulette, but udoses, in my case always work. Know yourself
Hahaha I do know myself and that is why I have no intention of ever tripping again. I was more just interested In hearing about others who have gone from being exceptionally good at handling trips to having multiple psychotic episodes.

I certainly wasn't requesting ways that I could trip safely because that just isn't possible anymore.

Microdosing is another matter entirely and I do believe I could safely do that. But obviously when I say microdosing I mean subperceptual doses or just on the border of perception

Yeah, I'm pretty suspicious of cannabis at this point. I don't think it's great for mental health, at least in my case, and if you're prone to paranoia on weed I think there's a real danger combining it with the classical psychedelics.

I will say that now that I have my levels in check I've recently had a couple trips in public that were totally blissful and anxiety-free. I hit that state of finally feeling in control again. Hopefully it lasts :p.
It definitely can be bad for mental health. I don't have a problem with it as long as I take into account the fact that I am very sensitive to it and I usually take every other week off cannabis.

It's my belief that many people who encounter problems with cannabis are using too heavily and/or everyday for long periods.

Obviously it does vary person to person though but if I smoked cannabis at the doses (and without taking time off) most people I know smoke, I would be having panic attacks everytime I smoked it.

Whereas if I use it in the small amounts that I usually do it actually has an anxiolytic (lowers anxiety) effect for me.

I had my first and only psychotic break last spring. Luckily I didn't leave the house but if someone had rang the doorbell I might have killed myself, I was pacing with a knife to my throat believing I was about to be swatted for everything 'bad' I'd ever done in my entire life, from infancy onward, and that everyone I'd ever known was part of a long-con to implicate myself.

I'd quit a serious 15-year drinking habit about a year prior and was about 6 months off of weed. I'd also been about a month off of Trazodone for sleep, it had started causing random, aggressive vertigo spells. That day I'd had a really pleasant, mild trip on maybe 100-200ug of LSD. Not wanting the tail end of the afterglow to end but the perceptual effects being essentially over I dug around the house for anything else psychoactive I could find and knocked back a small amount of OTC DXM gelcaps, only about twice the RD for a cough, then in a moment of weakness smoked some old weed I still had around, maybe a small bowl's worth tops.

I tended to get paranoid on weed anyway but the sensation was like typical THC paranoia growing and growing until turning into full-on psychosis. Eventually after some ill-advised phone calls and probably the weed processing out of my system I was able to talk myself down, thankfully. At the time I blamed high levels of intense work stress (I was trying to blow off steam after a shitty week), the previous Trazodone use, weed, and DXM interacting with the lingering acid in my system.

I'd been having bouts of minor paranoia I didn't think were irrational for about a year prior which persisted another 6 months or so after the break, culminating around this past new year in an abrupt run-in with some intense neurological symptoms - in addition to the general paranoia I had severe memory loss, tremors, panic, an uptick in intrusive thoughts, rapid heartbeat and heart palpitations.

It turned out that the PPIs and antacids I'd been on for years to combat the damage I'd done to my esophagus with liquor had caused major nutrient malabsorption, especially magnesium and some of the Bs. I was also really low on D. I'd been prescribed Prilosec and had been on it for a four or five month stretch (OTC recommendation is two weeks max) that was, apparently, the final nail. After quitting the heartburn meds and about two months of aggressive supplementation with magnesium, various Bs and vitamin D all the symptoms went away and I feel virtually no paranoia. There are some cautions there and balances that need to be maintained, do some research if you're curious. If anything now I'm way too blasé about things that should make me paranoid.

I also folded in psilocybin microdosing a few months in, between that and keeping my levels in check I haven't felt the active sensations of depression or acute anxiety in over 6 months. After a lifetime of battling depression, anxiety and intrusive thoughts it's a pretty wild turnaround for me.

I left out a lot of my substance use & abuse history but generally I'd always have a decent time on LSD but reliably went really dark on psilocybin... which has stopped happening since the turnaround, for now at least. Everyone's case is different and I'm definitely not meaning to suggest that some OTC supplements are magically going to cure anyone's tendency towards psychosis. If I'd had more than one break on LSD I'd probably call it quits too.
That is amazing man, to go from lifelong depression/anxiety to feeling pretty much normal must be great.

:D

I feel like most of my psychotic eoisodes eere because I felt "the demons are trying to get me"

It was always extremely real, and I felt the most ugly terror.

I finally just had to remember who I AM , and to realize more fully if there are demons, then there are angels. Well I call them negative aliens and positive aliens.

Then again I know I AM a top secret undercover super soldier sent here to.raise my conciousness, marry my male and female halves, tk achieve bliss union in the body/lifetime, so as to show the others the Way To Be. How to release the bonds of personal and collective slavery, harrass the spook fucks who eat babies, and help establish a transparent choice for this planet to make.

So what do I know

Too bad none of it fixes my ADHD ?

Microdosing seems to be a little weird on my heart though so I have to figure that one out.
Ah well you win some, you lose some, right? Still really happy for you.

That's why we have amphetamines after all! :p

I feel like most of my psychotic eoisodes eere because I felt "the demons are trying to get me"

It was always extremely real, and I felt the most ugly terror.

I finally just had to remember who I AM , and to realize more fully if there are demons, then there are angels. Well I call them negative aliens and positive aliens.

Then again I know I AM a top secret undercover super soldier sent here to.raise my conciousness, marry my male and female halves, tk achieve bliss union in the body/lifetime, so as to show the others the Way To Be. How to release the bonds of personal and collective slavery, harrass the spook fucks who eat babies, and help establish a transparent choice for this planet to make.

So what do I know
Yeah man. We gotta bring down those fucking baby eaters pulling the strings from the shadows! :D