• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Detox from opiates The DXM Way

worst thing about bupe is your meant to wait like 3 days after having an opiate longer for dome from memory.
so with withdrawals as once it gets over 2mg you withdrawal hard if there any opiates in your system. But tonight i going to try to slowly have the suboxone with 8mg bupe and 2mg naltrexone.
2mg at a time to slowly push the opiates out from last night.
I think the worst thing is that bupe makes you withdrawal a few hours after you have it under the tounge.

Well i had another 8mg today of bupe and feeling fine i am not sure that DXM potentiates bupe. Whats does everyone think. maybe it could be a good thing to do between bupe dose's.
whats everyone think

I've found that DXM helps somewhat, but only in a "better than nothing" sort of way. The only real miracle cure for oxy withdrawls is vicodin.

Thats a good idea... I was thinking of trying to quit sometime in the near future... Maybe this may help, thanks

worst thing about bupe is your meant to wait like 3 days after having an opiate longer for dome from memory.
so with withdrawals as once it gets over 2mg you withdrawal hard if there any opiates in your system. But tonight i going to try to slowly have the suboxone with 8mg bupe and 2mg naltrexone.
2mg at a time to slowly push the opiates out from last night.
I think the worst thing is that bupe makes you withdrawal a few hours after you have it under the tounge.

Well i had another 8mg today of bupe and feeling fine i am not sure that DXM potentiates bupe. Whats does everyone think. maybe it could be a good thing to do between bupe dose's.
whats everyone think
I think mixing tramadol and DXM might be ok and tapering first. But i hate tramadol.
Also i mixed stemzine for nausea and added with sedation.

Yeh aside from all the fancy NMDA antagonist talk, there is something to be said for a rapid taper. Just the right amount of pain, and plus, you get it done. Very slow tapers are painless, but can take too long, and I think there is real benefit in feeling some limited WD pains. Good job=)!

dxm is good for stimulant and opiate tolerane...

ndma antagonist... helps unbind receptors... blah blah

that might be the reason

fuck dxm drop some acid and forget about withdrawal.. of course im joking...but let us know if u do , do it.

^ It doesn't lower opioid tolerance, it prevents it from forming, probably due to it's NMDA antagonistic properties.

Is this really true? If I had a steadily increasing opiate habit, but nightly, I ingested some DXM, my tolerance would not increase?

I have been using dxm with oxy in a taper to help. Usually in wd I'm so god damn lathargic I get nothing done at all. The dxm stimulates me to the point of being normal if not better than.

In the morning on my way to work ill dose with dxm and somehow not have any wd symptoms. I'm hoping to taper down to at least 20mg before CT and then use dxm for a couple days. Ill be sure to report back.

Is this really true? If I had a steadily increasing opiate habit, but nightly, I ingested some DXM, my tolerance would not increase?

AFAIK, this is only true if you take a bit of dxm every time you take opiates. If you only take the dxm once in a while, the effects won't manifest. Also I believe the tolerance negation/reversal seen with DXM has only been shown in rats, so while it may work for humans, it hasn't been studied in our species. Anecdotally though I can tell you it does help potentiate opiates, as well as reverse withdrawal pain, and I can see theoretically how it would help offset tolerance due to NMDA antagonism.

This works for me really well.

The only problem is getting that much DXM, as I get mine from the pharm. Extracting that much is pretty annoying.
WHen im tripped out on DXM the bodily aspect of the withdrawals still seem to be there but I just dont give a damn. It sure dosnt help me sleep but it's wayy better than tossing around, sweating like hell and feeling depressed and shit. When I get a high enough dose, usually around 800-900 twice a day, 3 days of nasty wds go by soo fast.

It helps tremendously with the depression aspect of the wds too, cuz for me I get alot of motion and music euphoria from DXM, so listening to loud music + jogging = me happy. Almost makes me want to go to a rave. So basically after two to three days of heavy DXM therapy Im pretty much back to normal.

I love DXM!

I guess this somewhat makes sense. FUck how could you feel W/D when your on 1000+mgs of DXM. NOt that the DXM will cure the W/D..just at that high of a dose you wont even understand what W/D is or who you are..LOL That high of a dose of DXM puts me in a K-HOLE like state for hours. I just hate the feeling of DXM,PCP and Ketamine..so Iguess this method wouldnt be good for me. My buddy actually has a whole shitload of PCP right now and he wants me to punt it for him...I said no cuz I dont want to get all curious and take it..again..ugh

So in theory, how much dxm should a person take each time they ingest opiates?
And is the dosage directly proportional to the amount/type of opiates being taken?

i.e. if while taking 20mg of hydrocodone you have to take 50 mg of dxm to keep your tolerance at bay, 200mg of hydro would mean you'd need you'd need 500mg of dxm?

I don't mean it has to be even like in this example how I multiplied both amounts by 10, but is this the general principle, that the more opiates you're taking the more dxm you'd need?
If this is how it works, does anyone know the dosage relationship between the dxm and the opiates? I can't imagine any of this is that clear, but is there some understanding of this in theory?

And if you just need a relatively similar dose of dxm for a wide range of opiate dosage strengths, what would the amount of dxm be?

Also, an important part of the study documenting this phenomenon (the one linked to in this thread) is that, I believe, researchers used tried both DXM alone as well as DXM in conjunction with quinidine, and the latter mixture proved to be be significantly more effective in the lessening of the intensity of opiate withdrawal. This doesn't relate necessarily to tolerance, but I suppose the effect quinidine has on increasing DXM levels in the brain can help with tolerance, but, I suppose, only in the same way as taking a higher dose of DXM would.

Last edited:
you are doing it wrong, you dont mix suboxone with contains both a full opiate agonist and complete opiate antagonist with dxm while you are detoxing.

are you mad? 1200+mg of DXM is Sub anesthetic dose mixed with with an agonist and an antagonist?????? do you have a death wish???

DXM 1500 MG, can cause disphoria, lowered core temperature, and heart attacks.

Back in the day, people would use ketamine to detox off smack or other powerful opiates. they wouldn't go play mad scientist and start injecting random drugs while they were detoxing. all the did was use special K and it is very effective.

as most of you know DXM acts like ketamine in alot of ways. DXM does work for detoxing off of opiates, because of it's dissociative properties. Taking too much ketamine or to much dxm while you are detoxing WILL KILL YOU. i know someone who died from DXM detox he was taking 2000mg doses 2 days in a row and died.

i am using the DXM method right now, and have done so many times. the safest and most effect way to do it is simple.

there are basically 4 stages to a DXM high and they have DXM calculators that show you how to get there what dose is needed. It is important that you use a DXM calculator to get yourself to stage 1 or stage 2. DO NOT GO PAST STAGE 2 IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DETOX!!!!!!!!!

GOING PAST STAGE TWO CAN CAUSE DISPHORIA, COMA, BRAIN DAMAGE, DEATH.

Going to stage 4 while detoxing multiplies the chances that you will have horrible side effects.

Well for me, 1500mg of dxm is like having a cone of bud or 2 for most people, the world just seems fun enough on its own (with the dxm of course).

Sure sometimes i feel a little crappy, but as long as i dont smoke any weed, i dont go crazy and rarely get past a mild 3rd plateau. to 3rd or 4th plat id have to take 1500 to 2000 in ONE GO. it makes a big difference if yu space it out.

also IM DXM has to be at least 2x or 3x as powerful beware, if your ever thinking of iving this shit, youd be in for a horror come on.

DXM is easy to get, you just have to think about it a while. think who is the only place nearby that stocks pure DXM powder.......

I too recently discovered that DXM fights withdrawals. I IV dilaudid several times daily and if I choose to chase it with some robo (most - but not all - of the smaller, 8 ounce bottle), the next day withdrawals simply don't rear their ugly head.

This week is the first time I've tried DXM in a while, and I was very surprised by the results. My withdrawals are usually worst in the morning after a long nights sleep, and the opiate rush is strongest then. It's like the Hulk injecting himself to become normal! That's really what it feels like.

But the mornings after I combined dxm with my opiates there were simply NO withdrawals to wash away! I took my dillies and barely felt them (boo hiss for that).

I took DXM (1000 miligrams daily) for 3 years straight, and it all started to dealing with an Opiate withdrawal, not to realize i was just substituting it for DXM. I liked DXM because it seemed to fill the gap of boredom that opiates always filled, and did give me a rush of energy, and yes time did go by REALLY fast, but listen man there are SERIOUS side effects from taking 1000 miligrams like that on a daily basis, side effects which aren't accuratly noted on here.

This shit will fuck up your body dude, you will lose weight FAST, and you will gain alot of BAD side effects on your body, your bones will start crackling when you move, your skin will turn white, you will start losing your hair, it will eat up all your muscles and give you a red blotchy color on your face..it will turn you into a stick figure.

It took me 2 years off of dxm and eating the healthiest i could just to look like a normal human being again and grow my hair back and start gaining weight and restoring my skin color (it was causing premature balding on the front above my forehead and i know it was the DXM because it started growing back as soon as i discontinued using dxm)

Believe me when i tell you this, stay AWAY from this. PLEASE.

If your withdrawing use Loperamide (Imodium) at anywhere from 12mg-60mg it has been known for DRASTICALLY easing opiate withdrawal, with ALOT less side effects then dxm.

Be careful man..

i think dxm is very helpful for a low opi-detox.....used to take around a low 1st plateau just so i can feel it a little....it reduced withdrawl symptoms a LOT for me , but i was just detoxin from ~0.5mg bupe or so..... so cant say nothin for a bigger habit, but would not impress me if those people feel a lil relief from dxm (maybe a higher dose??) too.

Yes your going to get strong dissociative efects at higher doses that may help the pain from withdrawals. But your head is loopy enough during WD do you really need to add DXM to it? The physical aspects of withdrawals i can deal with and with the right meds can be made bearable. Although from my experience DXM certainly made the physical part worse the next day when i woke up in a puddle of sweat and feeling dehydrated. Feeling like you have a fever also sucks ass.

It's the mental effects of withdrawals that get to me. Hence why i up my dose of clonazepam, zopiclone and gabapentin and make sure to take seroquel as well. That way i don't get real sketchy and manic during WD's.
For me it's actually the opposite, I can deal with the mental side of it fine, it's all the physical debilitating symptoms that get to me