• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

^Why? Do they run large? Small? What was wrong with the stuff?
I'm wondering if the shirts run short.....

It seems that US sizes have changed as the waistlines expand. What used to be a size 4 is a 2. An small is now an extra small.
The fit was weird in the chest area. Maybe I needed to buy a VS push-up ;)
The jeans felt very mom like and had that dreaded waist gap.
Returns are easy enough.
I have found long drapy sweaters look good if you are tall, long, and lean. Otherwise they look sloppy.

I'm not exactly lean but I love long sweaters.....I think I may give it a try.
I'm also pretty sure I'm going to order a skirt from them.
It's a long stretchy one, so......hopefully its good. If I like it, I'll order it in different colors too. :)
I need fall and winter skirts!

kinda hesitant to post this but what the hell...

agent provocateur picked paz de la huerta to star in their a/w campaign and the PR geniuses decided to make short, trashy "films" of her modeling the lingerie

http://youtu.be/acCfxwECD8A

she is kinda a hot mess but god help me i wanna be a hot mess with her :D btw i fully support the lingerie as outerwear movement

^ Agent Provocateur is easily my favorite place to buy (or ask my boyfriend to buy me ;)) underthings. their hold-ups are incomparable.

speaking of Paz and though this isn't fashion related, but did you see her promo for Nurse 3-D? wowzers. 8o

NSFW:
paz-de-la-huerta-nurse-3d-image.jpg

as far as fall fashion is concerned (nsfw due to being pic heavy)...

NSFW:
i'm loving the Yves Klein blue trend:
tumblr_lohv7e59EL1qdl1hdo1_500.jpg

tux:
image.jpg

leather skirts:
image.jpg

pattern mania (plaid, polka dots, snakeskin, etc):
be6a0e622a1bf32902852bc385ce929b.jpg

6382081256349f4cca374855aad1f716.jpg

31.jpg

0217-10_fall-2011-fashion-week-granny-plaid-tory-burch-adam-dkny_li.jpg

0217-03_fall-2011-fashion-week-polka-dots-marc-jacobs-diane-von-furstenberg_li.jpg

14.jpg

chokers:
643a3ae6bb5f8972ade630389f7bc8a1.jpg

metal-collar-jewelry.jpg

bright pants:
pnts.jpg

0217-14_fall-2011-fashion-week-trend-bright-pants-yigal-azrouel-dkny_li.jpg

duster coats:
4.jpg

2.jpg

tall boots:
Fall-Boots-trends-2011-for-Women.jpg

platform loafers:
00607b8982d02f2f9cd158b53246563b.jpg

midi skirts (cute though impractical at my short stature):
d58477266982d29f65fb9fd2ce8094c4.jpg

image.jpg

mod is super popular for fall 2011 as well, but the boxy shapes is not a trend i can pull off.

overall, i LOVE how colorful the trends are for Fall 2011.

also, i'd like to get on the nerdy glasses bandwagon. maybe this will give me the motivation to finally make a much-needed eye appointment.
spl254789006.jpg

Last edited:
speaking of Paz and though this isn't fashion related, but did you see her promo for Nurse 3-D? wowzers. 8o
oh my! wowzers indeed... im somewhat ashamed to admit i haven't seen that before. it is now my new wallpaper! :D

brilliant sets of fashion pics as well. the first one under "duster coats" mmm, magnifique!

pardon the state of this post !

oh wow Fawkes ~

thanks!

be6a0e622a1bf32902852bc385ce929b.jpg

i love this, the layers, the flow of the layers edges, the numerous textures(which ive been trying to focus on painting on stuff lately) the bell in the circle she has on as a necklace & her lipstick actually, the muted metallic sheen that many of these pieces has is perfect, and im excited as a man to see if this is what takes off this fall/winter - seems perfect for many accessories!
like the girl in purple and blue, she has a massive pendant which, that sort of thing would be hard to pull off other-wise - i can see how some might see this stuff and have their eyes stunned, immediately interpreting it as "tacky or gaudy" lol - but thats part of the point here it seems;-)its right on the edge anyhow, very glamorous and subtle in ways, very exciting and cool/fresh lively extravagant for the fall and winter, sounds fun and fine to me, Halloween everyday!
- i forget what its called now, i cant remember most of my terminology ATM. BUT i take it that the material used with some of these, is the stuff with Metals like Gold or Silver, Copper etc infused... ?
whats that called? one of yous must know??

i liked these a lot too
NSFW:

643a3ae6bb5f8972ade630389f7bc8a1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

i want to see the out-fit with the ''choker'' i love wool and working with it - good stuff thanks again - ill come back to ramble more soon...heheh

I'm loving plaid. I love the lace with plaid. I think it's amazing.
I love the tall boots. Need them.

make a dress out of a mens t-shirt http://youtu.be/s0boBntrMuA

that was pretty cool, might take a few tries, but looked worth it.

... John Galliano makes some bad ass clothes - always thought so, and then id see his weasely little face...that shit was moronic, he must of been having a really really bad week - wtf?!? what a nut!!

oh, and i didnt even see the video!

Some normal, not high fashion stuff I'm currently into:
21309463_004_b

Oh I SO wish I had 300.00 to buy this skirt!
22551626_041_a

Love this whole outfit:
22566541_001_a

Buying this soon:
A114461K-1_613429.jpg

And I think I need these shoes NOW:
b28cd8fd0dbee6d3bc5a841e6a14af19.jpg

22551626_041_a

... it needs something, should be a skirt alone - me think - i see what they are doing with the fleshy colored pants..;-)bOIng oIng Oing - lol
it reminds me of a peacock too, the arms/sleeves do. my terminology, is difficult to access atm - heh - and i forget the fabrics name, but i have some, black stretchy in one direction, a mesh of sorts, of course a synthetic and is a bit "scratchy".
the body looks like that stuff, or a nicer fabric but a similar "composite" type material, but that would be easy to make, almost a wrap! ive been wanting to buy more material, i have recently actually - was my gift to myself for my BDay - some very cool designer fabric - feels almost like a thin canvas, a gray surface with an orange and white "grid" type pattern.

cant take a pic atm - but i got around 1.3 yds and have it layered with some other nice stuff - draping from a desk...so it is being utilized - haha

but, the next time i do buy material, i am going to get some to try and make something like that, and of course cut patterns and record the process in one way or another, along the way.
i had an adjustable manican in my hands the other day, $5 at a thrift shop! but, my money is else where.

b28cd8fd0dbee6d3bc5a841e6a14af19.jpg

... you are really a maryJane girl for life, arent you ocean?!?
hehe - ;-) its great - one-million-and-one ways to wear maryJanes !

Last edited:
^I changed it : Let me know if you want to say something different.

Yeah, I love mary janes, can't stop buying them :D
I think those shoes and some boots are my next purchase. I need clothes for winter but I'm on a limited budget. I NEED shoes right now.....so that and maybe a hoodie next paycheck. But those shoes are a top priority!!! =D

lol

:-X

yes, thank you - it finally got to me enough to ask...!

(that model looks identical to my friend Elizabeth(where ever she is))