• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

Some new work on my end:

mUc8SrG.jpg

striking. a first seeing your work as blonde
thumbup1.gif
similar to the nastya s. photo in post #986 like i said the
blonde/red is killer

ding ding 1k replies =)

Last edited:
harmony korine directed dior's new addict spot. with sasha luss...

daphne's by whoever is certainly the superior. i'm sure he was quite restricted and this might have just been using his name and signature vhs to film effect for publicity. in exchange for mass cash. better than the average fragrance commercial, but harmony korine could direct some badass fashion spots -- especially with casting like sasha. this isn't quite it.

ondria by drew jarett for Dazed and Confused Magazine...

ondria-hardin-drew-jarrett-dazed-2014-1.jpg

top by ilaria nistri, dress DKNY, swimsuit river island, gloves cornelia james, collar lucas nascimento

ondria-hardin-drew-jarrett-dazed-2014-2.jpg

printed silk dress versace jeans, top marques almeida, geometric dress meat, skirt pepe jeans

lots of layers for summer.

better than the average fragrance commercial, but harmony korine could direct some badass fashion spots -- especially with casting like sasha. this isn't quite it.
totally agree. dior after galliano, i'd never envision really pushing something like what harmony could deliver had he been given carte blanche.

david lynch colloborated with galliano/dior for a short. that's about as lynchian as it gets

he also helped design the set for kenzo aw14
tumblr_n774m9Zpgc1tw56nbo1_1280.jpg

i love the the effect of the mirror, along with the sound and set design, it makes for one surreal runway show.

props to lynch's video for being a straight up ad even at 15 minutes and being relatively plot driven.

that is a pretty cool show and stage. this quicker cut of fashion shows is growing in popularity.

just got home, thought of you all so often. i took strategic pictures to share with you all for fashion reasons.

french women are wearing nothing but sheer chiffon, overalls, and blazers. i cannot even explain to you how many combinations of those three things i saw. and older professional women too! christine legarde types! in sheer shirts! oh and converses. on everyone. and everyone is hot. i'm so fucking tired i can barely see. picked up a lui in the airport. good. good press/magazine boxes right outside the apartment i was renting. i wish i spoke french. so tired. game of thrones and i'll be back later.

love you all a lot.

welcome back, kenickie. i was trying to find this article about the style of the older professional women, but can't =/

sounds a lot like what i've seen on street style blogs, minimal, chic, comfort. for some reason i always thought it would be more bohemian on the streets of paris...

well, catch up on some rest and enjoy GoT finale =)

The Fashion Thread v. Is it Resort wear time already?

We killed the last thread so here's the new one. If anyone wants a different title I'm sure Max will oblige us.

For newbs: talk about fashion here. There is an official "Look of the Day" thread, and one for perfume and cologne as well.

So I'm back from France. It was incredible. Here's a picture of me kissing Lana Del Rey in the metro. nsfw for size. and you can see my nipple piercings through my leotard.
NSFW:

oazps0.jpg

my nipples and nails are very important, obviously.

Lots of girls who looked like this Russian prostitute from the 80s.

tumblr_mgxuyrw7181rqbx61o1_500.jpg

hashtag adorable hookers.

I think I'm going to subscribe to Lui magazine. Really just an over glorified french playboy in it's publishing renaissance, but I don't care. The girls are taking off nice clothes in it's pages, (did we know that Inez & Vindhooh makes jewelry??) and that article about FEMEN was good. Or what I could read was good. Looking at magazines made for titillation is such a bizarre experience!!!!!! The stewardesses gave me looks on the plane. So what? I just asked for more wine.

overalls seem impractical for her line of work. i ordered that album. ready for it to arrive. your nails and leotard match. fancy. oh, and the bow with the skirt!

Max was asked to step down. HNIF said his wit was too dry.

whatthefuck's going on here? did one of you ask for this? does thread size matter because of all the images?

anyway...
daphneis.gif
sosillydaphne.gif

they only want you when you're seventeen. when you're twenty-one, you're no fun.
they take a polaroid and let you go, say they'll let you know, so come on!

i'm not sam rollinson's biggest fan, but that editorial is cute...
samrollinsonbymaciek.png

dress valentino couture, sneakers valentino garavani (?), necklace harry winston, ring van cleef & arpels

Last edited:
for archival purposes - if we want to save it in the depths of bluelight lore forever. at least that's how "killing threads at 1,000" were explained to me. maybe we ask to have it moved to best of bluelight.

watching so much bad and good television, i can't tell you. but i'm really into this girl eva green. she's got a weird face. sometimes she looks so terrible. but sometimes she looks beautiful. i don't know. apparently she's that girl who seduces michael pitt into threesomes with her brother??? in the dreamers. which i've never seen.

tumblr_n7f4toFfvi1tasqeio1_1280.jpg

NSFW:

tumblr_n7f4toFfvi1tasqeio2_1280.jpg

hello vampiria.

i'm already wanting to change the name of this thread to "will people think we're in PR since we are wearing all black?"

Closing threads was something BL had to do with the old severs. Now that the site has been upgraded its no longer needed. Some subforums/mods continue to do the 1k thing out of tradition(?), but certainly not necessity which is why we decided to stop doing it in SO. Well, at least when I was modding.

do public relations people wear black?

badass pics Kenickie. i've come across The Dreamers a few late nights when i lived in a house with HBO. i've never made it through more than 15 minutes. i don't remember her, which is surprising. maybe it's among the instances of her looking so terrible? above, she looks like a sharp little problem.

lana del ray was on my porch when i got home from work today. just finished my initial pass. i'm not ready to comment yet. beyond the album art. the CD is much cooler than the cover...

lanadelraycdiscool.png

one of my coworkers was in paris. probably the same time as you, Kenickie. not for nearly as cool a reason. she's really nice to me. mostly because of my role at work. i think she's a genuinely nice person too. anyway, she brought me back a macaron...

frenchcookieispretty.png

still and moving film have linked these cookies to fashion in my world. i'd never had one before.

it doesn't sound like we have to start a new thread. Kenickie and Joe, did either of you ask for the original thread to be closed and archived? if you want to start anew, fair enough. if that's not the way we wanna go, i imagine a few PMs can rectify the situation.

Last edited:
^ you dont recall yourself and joe having this conversation on the last page of the now archived thread (in post 1001 and 1002)?

JoeTheStoner said:
ding ding 1k replies =)
hydroazuanacaine said:
yup. time to throw this one away and start again.

the previous thread was closed and archived after Kenickie had already began a new one (opening with the statement "We killed the last thread so here's the new one") and several posts had been made in it. im not understanding what the issue is here? but if there is one, please feel free to pm a staff member.

...kytnism...:|

Last edited:
insincerity can be a bitch. i apologize about any inconvenience it may cause. there's certainly no issue. yet. just discussion. if Kenickie started this thread before the previous was closed, that's a strong indicator on her preference. confirm, Kenickie? Joe, weigh in? modelskinny? the hordes of future fashion thread regulars?

edit:
oh, and i was thinking the fashion thread was going to be one ongoing installment. that's my preference. because we've spent countless hours carefully curating the content; it's not a bunch of noise making the thread unapproachable. i guess current numbers for our recruiting kpi don't support the latter. if i'm opposed, i immediately concede.

Last edited:
Kenickie and Joe, did either of you ask for the original thread to be closed and archived?
nope. when we dinged 1k in the last thread i just mentioned it because it was cool that the thread reached that =) didn't even think of needing to start a new one. i know the lounge threads do or did BUT i see now that Max cleared up the bl policy on 1k threads in post #4.

just got home, gonna get comfy and catch up on new thread/posts

#1 kenickie, killing it. ya appear to be taller than i thought/remember from other pics. ya look great pretty gal.

i didn't know inez/vinoodh make jewelry.

i/v ring to match your top/nails =)
465452_in_m2.jpg

#2 lol @ "overalls seem impractical for her line of work."

thing about sam rollinson, i think stylist/photographers always nail it when it comes to her shoots. gifs, that's lily mcmenamy ?

#3 i hear what ya mean by eva green, she has this familiar look... i know this aspiring actress that reminds me of her. thread title is good as is imo. i probably woulda went with "v. andre leon tally is my spirit animal" ;p have to be hella active for a new one anytime soon, most likely years to come lol.

#5 been hearing some of ultraviolence, love that song brooklyn baby perfec ttune for warm summer nights.

just glad we're seeing new collections. i mean the wheels of fashion turn so fast, enormous pressure on designers. i always wonder being a creative/artist how it must feel to create when you know you have a deadline, like how can you force inspiration and such ? i dunno but look at what happened to mcqueen and galliano.

im just over here wanting to some beauty like andre ;p

it moves quicker than i can keep up with. which i dislike. better than the opposite. what happened to mcqueen and galliano? plus i like looking back on all that i've missed. Self Service likes her. sam rollinson. their casting is class. variety with theme. i didn't think much of the last issue. ondria's in, for the moment.

tanya katysheva by nicole demeshik for Institute Magazine...

tanke+yatysheva.png

top kamenskayakononova, leggings kute, earring stylist's -- anna kuzmina. nice job on that hair.

na, that's this girl daphne. she used to be a supermodel.

i like the lana del rey. a lot of it is really guitar based. that's different. fine for an album. as in one. i know how to play guitar well enough to play, but don't. when my taste in music changed, i stopped wanting to learn new songs and got sick of i the songs i knew. it'd be fun to learn bits of this album. top thee of the moment: West Coast, Fucked My Way Up To The Top, Florida Kilos

Last edited: