• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Designer opioids?

I have pondered this question sooooooo many times....

You'd think if you can make meth with household ingredients that there would be a way to make opiates from near scratch...

Personally i feel like there is an unlimited number of chemical combinations, your bound to find some that are synthetic opiates
8(
Surely it's the Governments best kept secret though...

not such a good idea

I have pondered this question sooooooo many times....

You'd think if you can make meth with household ingredients that there would be a way to make opiates from near scratch...

Personally i feel like there is an unlimited number of chemical combinations, your bound to find some that are synthetic opiates
8(
Surely it's the Governments best kept secret though...

One comes straight to mind (ok if pure but synth commonly botched) and the result: users with probably one of the lowest life expentancies and major medical complications. Highly addictive drugs + potential for sloppy/impure synth by non-chemists = disaster. Because of the addiction people ignore toxic symptoms or make do with impure product (are making it themselves and rush the synth). Worse still someone completely f**** up (far more likely if 'easy') and MPTP version 2.0 occurs.

Not saying it wouldn't be interesting or useful but this is one area where I think the less semi-easy/precursors available from hardware store type synths are known/exist for highly addictice drugs the better in my opinion. Ok the cladestine drug lab is hardly quality assurance (in a society which illegalizes use) but your chances are probably better than 'shake and bake' style methods. Is just an opinion though.

You know, I get the moral dilemma over sourcing for RC's on the site. I also understand it's completely against the rules here.

But please, allow me to play devil's advocate. You're talking about RC's which are a kind of legal gray area, not sourcing of DEFINITIVELY illegal chems. Also, the lack of regulation and vast multitude of suppliers, some shady, some not, means that the average person is taking a HUGE leap of faith ordering any RC.

I can tell you from personal experience that I've ordered O-DMT from a site I thought was legit, and got some unknown tan, clumpy powder that most certainly was not pure O-DMT. It made me sick upon ingestion and I immediately flushed the rest of it.

If sourcing of ONLY RC was allowed in some way, I think it'd be a hell of a lot safer since we'd be able to pinpoint legitimate suppliers versus frauds and fakes that could potentially be deadly.

What if I had died from ingesting something potentially dangerous? Could have been avoided if I could have obtained the necessary info to make an informed purchase from a trusted source. Isn't that harm reduction at its finest? I think the RC scene is very different from, say, finding an overseas source for Oxycontin.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts. I'm playing devil's advocate and I get this is not a black and white issue.

--

BAck on topic, I've only experimented with O-DMT once and it certainly wasn't O-DMT, so I was punked. Designer opiates interest me greatly, but I think a lot of investigation needs to happen from some brilliant people before I'd feel safe ordering any of the different chems out there, of the few I can find online. Very risky business.

Sourcing any sort of chemicals on the web, especially with the overtone of "these will be used as research drugs", is too much of a slippery slope.

Besides, there are boards out there that specialize in sourcing of RC's, and they're not really any more reliable than doing the legwork yourself - they just centralize the vendors in one place.

You're talking about RC's which are a kind of legal gray area, not sourcing of DEFINITIVELY illegal chems.

A legal gray area is still enough to get you arrested or at the very least waste a bunch of time with the legal system. In some jurisdictions but not others these "gray area" chems may actually be illegal but underenforced. It's just way too much of a slippery slope to comply with the varied regulations.

What if I had died from ingesting something potentially dangerous? Could have been avoided if I could have obtained the necessary info to make an informed purchase from a trusted source.

But this hypothetical person obviously didn't do due diligence on their chemicals recieved. Jumping straight to bioassay stage is just asking for another BrDFLY fiasco.

This thread is kind of sliding into the "sourcing talk" category, so let's keep it on track...

I wanted to resurrect some discussion on AH-7921, specially if anyone knows if it affects other non-opioid receptors. My post contains a bit of a trip report (sorry!), but I felt it was needed to understand the context of my question.

I've had a chance to try AH-7921 out, dosing multiple times over the past few days... it is an odd, fascinating, and enjoyable little compound. It definitely has an opiate feel to it, especially at higher doses, but I would bet $ that it is very promiscuous with respect to receptor types affected. At lower doses (30-60mg) it felt sedating with a heavy body load. It also exhibited some dissociative effects (almost like a threshold ketamine dose), left me very introverted socially, and bordered on being dysphoric.

At slightly higher doses (75-100mg) it had a real GABAnergic character to it with neutral/elevated mood, pro-social & anxiolytic. Mixing it with 1-2 EtOH drinks exaggerated these qualities and i had to fight the urge to slide into sleep, with maybe some memory loss (!!).

Pushing the dose even higher (100 + 50mg 2 hr later) brought on a full out opiate-type high. Euphoria, itching, pupil constriction, the "nods" with beautiful vivid dream imagery (compatible only to one past experience with smoked opium), and energetic. I'd compare this dose to 40-60mg oxycodone + 1mg of xanax (as it still had the GABAnergc type effects).

It wasn't reinforcing per se (fiending/craving/etc) but I found myself taking way more than I meant to. E.g., would plan on taking 75 mg + 5 mg at T=1 hr. I'd take the 5 mg, forget that I had taken it, take another 5 mg, forget that I had taken it, etc etc. This sort of behaviour happens to me on benzos, but never on opiates.

I apologized if I missed it, but what ROA was used for these doses.

Any specific info, such as BP/HR metrics, degree of miosis etc?

Have you seen how much castor oil you can feed a doped up guinea pig before he shits everywhere?

I kid

I've also had the opportunity to try AH-7921 recently and I must say it was a very peculiar experience. I was very satisfied with it.

I tried 50mg sublingual.
The effects came on in about 15 minutes and I could definitely feel the opioid effects: anxiolytic properties, euphoria and a pleasant body high.

It is definitely an opioid with the qualities and effects you would expect from a substance like this. It's not as potent as I thought (I would say about 50-60% of morphine, not 80% as wiki states) but increasing the dose does the trick.

I will soon know the GC/MS results to see if it is real AH-7921. Then I will continue investigating with this substance.

EDIT: My experience with opiates is a moderate use of heroin and morphine every now and then, so I am familiar with these kind of effects.

Last edited:
I have just come across a vendor selling butyr-fentanyl : lactose mix at a 1:100 or a 1:1000 ratio (god knows why they would sell 2 mixes out form each other by a factor of 10...)

does anyone know the legality of this in the UK?

Or any reports

Fentanyl analogs are 1. dangerous and 2. probably very illehal.

I apologized if I missed it, but what ROA was used for these doses.

Any specific info, such as BP/HR metrics, degree of miosis etc?

ROA was sublingual - oral use of this compound was found to be useless. Objective clinical measurements were not taken due to the assumption that this compound doesn't produce respiratory depression (a claim made in the patent). However I've found literature from the 80s showing it produces respiratory depression in rats equal to or greater than morphine, so will certainly try and obtain these parameters during the next experiment.

Does someone here have access to the curves of what pure AH-7921 should look like on the GC/MS results?

It should be one peak on the GC, MS should have a m/z at 328 and 330 (molecular ions). Other ions are hard to predict

Can you compare it to the feel of heroin?? Ive been getting this dope recently that is very strong but the high just dosent feel right for some reason...lasts too long, not very warm, feels empty. How long does this AH-7921 last?? This is why i loath RC's...since they became popular you never really know what your buying anymore. I bet most dealers are selling shit thats 90% RC.

It's unlikely anyone is selling this as heroin, given it's less potent than morphine and has totally different pharmacokinetics.

We don't do the deep disussion of "what did I take/what is my dealer selling" anyway.

There's no way heroin is 90% RCs yet. That day may well come, but we're not there yet. Most heroin is still heroin.

Based on how you describe it, it sounds like a fentanyl derivative. They're well known for being potent, powerful drugs that are completely soulless.

That's right motherfucker, I want my drugs soulful and to play some marvin when I'm gettin down. A whole new class of psychedelic.

Seen a few fentanyl butyramide analogues pop up recently but can't find any literature for them.
Perhaps I'm not searching correctly. Does anyone have any info?

I have seen them used as internal standards for quantitating fentanyl blood levels, but not as analgesics.

It's unlikely anyone is selling this as heroin, given it's less potent than morphine and has totally different pharmacokinetics.

We don't do the deep disussion of "what did I take/what is my dealer selling" anyway.

Not to be argumentative, but in the interest of safety, this drug, effective in the range of 0.1 to 0.5 mg, is definitely more potent than morphine, which is effective at 5 to 10 mg.