• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Describe your weed high

Exhale, give it a minute to see if I am at the level I want to be, feel the come up which is usually an exicted feeling and can occasionally become uncomfortable, after 10 minutes I feel sedation, free flowing thoughts, body feels buzzy, relaxed and more connected. Mentally I am more content and relaxed. It slows down my overactive mind often as well, however that is not a healthy way to do so. I can become very giddy and or confused. Often times I have to let a high set in for me.

About an hour later I become nostalgic (which can be very strong for me) and laugh much easier. If I am around family and or friends I become more chatty. The foggy head high clears up. Often times I like this part of the high the most.

Of course there are also those times where I smoke too much and it sucks, but I am pretty controlled now. I like to be baked not ripped. I can also totally lose my social ability. Which is why I do not smoke before I go out anymore. After about an hour I can usually go out and function in society, but right after I toke... forget it.

Then later I can become tired, especially if its later at night or I have been smoking all day, which I do not do that often anymore.

My two other commonly used psychoactives... caffeine and alcohol also impact the herb. Caffeine can make it more energetic and giddy. It can also increase the anxiety. Alcohol obviously makes the body buzz stronger and the sedation is stronger. I really enjoy a good craft beer with a hit or two of bud and a hockey or baseball game on TV. However sometimes this combo just makes me pass the fuck out.

Last edited:
Not as prominent as i would like.
Oppsoed to an earlier poster, i have a feeling of familiarity.
Slightly tensed eyes. Relaxed, with a euphoric daziness in my head.

Take the hit feeling a sense of impending doom...

30 or so minutes of panic slowly progressing into steady anxiety...

Calmness, weird thoughts, laughter...

Time to smoke more....

and around again.

This

foggy head, hard to think logically and express thought, very laid back and nonchalant about pretty much everything, general lack of emotion or very intense anxiety/paranoia/nervousness. lack of motivation to do anything other than eat, drink alcohol, play music, listen to music, hang out with people. as far as music goes- listening to music is twice as enjoyable as well as playing music, but playing music feels almost twice as hard. i notice im less creative but more emotional when i play while high. like im more into the music but not as focused on playing.

i realize i dont really care to be stoned socially. it just makes communicating hard; i forget what they told me, i misunderstand what people say easier, i find i only have 1 or 2 owrd replies mostly because im too high to care, and i tend to ramble about nothing and spend way too much time trying to recall unimportant details like i am atm.

I am high for only like 2 hours after i smoke, the first hour being the best.

I get mad euphoria, talkative, but i can also sit down and relax and watch tv, or focus on something like studying. Easier for me to zone out and have awsome thoughts or memories.

Its really not what it used to be though..

what i have realised recently is when your high you just live in the present you don't really look past or forward you just stay in the moment and take everything in.

this may sound stupid i dunno im pretty stoned

anyone here like the paranoia that comes after a toke sesh? i think its awesome. i also like the psychedelic effects that come with a strong sativa

i agree with bongman ^^^. staying in the moment is what its all about.

you feel sort of disconnected from your body, but not so much that you can't perform tasks. You can function as well as you want to. it's like looking at the world through a different lens. It's an acute perception shift that's hard to describe. Everything is happy, funny, nicer, and tastes better. It feels almost like being a kid again. Also feels kind of dream like and cartoon like. My one sentence would be "It's like your subconscious decided to take a step backward and watch your life as though it were a movie."

When I smoke it I feel myself falling into an astral plane. My thoughts shift from a monotonous state to more vibrant imaginations. I begin to think 'outside the box' and my thought process become very introspective. For me this drug is the ultimate spiritual connection between the physical and metaphysical world.

Take a hit and my eyes droop instantly. Last time I fell asleep after my 3rd hit. I guess I must have a low resistance to this sort of thing :). I agree completely with embolism. too. For the short time I stay awake, I feel like I won't be able to actually do anything, but I end up managing. Everything looks a lot closer and easier to do, but it feels as though my body will not want to move to do it (I guess that's where the term stoned comes from).

Last edited:
I've only smoked a half dozen times in my life.

Take a few hits...then wait. Bout 10 minutes and I'm thinkin, has it hit me yet? Then bam...hits me like a ton of bricks. Quite a bit of anxiety; I'm not used to the feeling.

Then my mind is just going a million miles per hour. It's like I have intervals of thoughts, each one lasts about 4 seconds and they're all unrelated. They're all fucking weird thoughts. But then I fall into a though loop, "what the fuck am I thinking about?" Lol.

And visually, I don't know how to describe it. But there's a difference. And it gets pretty difficult to walk. And hard to talk at times.

But the most noticeable thing is...I get fucking horny. 8o
I swear to god...the anxiety, confusion and forgetfulness just amplifies it x100.
And smoking a cigarette while high feels orgasmic.

It varies, but usually it's like this.

I begin to notice the bodily feelings. I'm aware of my heartbeat (usually) and it kinda feels like my sense of touch is amplified slightly. My hearing also kind of improves, and of course music is a lot more interesting when I'm high. Whenever I first started, my big phrase I came up with when I was high was "I'm like, desychronized from Time, man."

I don't talk that much to begin with, and I get huge social anxiety when I'm high, which is why I don't think I'll want to smoke at a party unless someone I don't already know offers.

Sometimes, it'll give me a psychedelic effect, especially if it's a satvia or I haven't smoked in a while.

And of course, I'll get strange thoughts, sometimes a boost in creativity, other times everything is absurdly funny.

Kind of different every time. Lately it's been hitting me like a brick wall. A lot of the time I just feel displaced, if I'm in a crowded place I feel like everyone is staring at me, everything is always impossibly funny. My ideal high would be in a car, smoking a cig, bumping music, about 30 minutes after toking... that gives me a great rollercoaster feeling or it makes the car feel like it's skating across a wood floor. Sometimes I feel really introspective or in an intellectual state and then other times I just feel really stupid and the simplest things seem impossibly complex to me.

I guess I'm just kind of a mixed bag, haha.

In general my highs are a nice relaxed euphoric state of mind with some enhancement of sound feeling, usually hits about 15 min in to my smoke session and by 20 they are full on and last around 3-4 hours.

I just smoked some indica (headies) and feel a bud high that seems very high in cnb's.. very good body high/ awesome for INSOMNIA!! damn i love indica's at night..

Depends on set/setting as with psychedelics (although to a lesser degree) and the kind of strain being smoked. However, generally I will feel positive and slightly euphoric, more prone to laughing and smiling, more hungry (obviously), will appreciate music to a much greater extent, will ponder about things (both real-life and philosophical/metaphysical), and just generally make all kinds of ill feelings go away.

To combat any kind of stimulant comedown, a hangover, insomnia, depression or whatever, cannabis is always my first line choice. Preferably I will take a combination of weed and a benzo, but if I have to choose, I'll take a hard-hitting indica strain. Sativa strains have been pseudo-psychedelic with closed-eyed visuals ever since I started using psychedelics.

But it gives me a thorough, all-encompassing feeling of everything "being alright", and I don't consider myself intoxicated when I'm high - I'll drive, go to work, meet relatives (who don't know and who would be shocked) and so on - I consider it the "other sobriety" - kind of like just having a really good day and being in a good mood.

Lately Ive been having the worst highs ever. More so of I don't like the feeling of being high anymore. I wont get high unless its in a comfortable environment. Other than that I don't smoke much.