• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Describe your weed high

impossible, a feeling of heaviness, retardedness, hungriness and floatiness
amphetamine>weed.

If you smoke enough, and really study the effects of each high you can become familiar with a good buzz from a shit buzz.

Im smoking some Haze x Skunk that was grown outdoors, incredibly tasty smooth smoke. The high is a creeper, smoke enough and this high becomes extremely psychedelic especically to users with a low tolerance, at the same time the body becomes very lightly numb and warm, with a very pleasant body stone feeling. After 3-4 hours the high dies down and become quite sober again with no burnt out feeling. Munchies come on very hard around this time.

Unfortunatly in Australia, unless you grow your own, or know people growing strains chances are you arnt going to find that homegrown stuff that shits all over hydroponic commercially grown crops.

Last edited:
Words can't describe it totally as well as experience can but it's psychedelic, cerebral, silly, full of happiness and fun, it lasts very long, and relaxes me but I only vaporize now.

It usually goes like this:

Humorous, focused, hunger, then laziness, then (lately) paranoia :/

relief from depression and boredom. the world becomes something worth paying attention to. become more social. food is great, sex is great, music is great. rare euphoria( happened more at first, of course). increased desire to exercise. increased hunger, which i keep at bay with healthy snacks like carrots and berries.

but, it fucks up my attention span. sometimes i focus more, sometimes its impossible depending on whether i am coming up or coming down (one of the reasons i like to eat it: the high stays at a plateau that you can get used to). occasional paranoia. couch lock is noticeable, but its not as bad as being crippled by depression. caffeine helps with the laziness.

Well it depends when I smoke weed, when I first wake up and have my first toke of the day. It puts me in a good mood, makes me wanna go out and do things. The first toke of the day is always my favourite. If I start smoking towards the end of the day, I get tired, hungry, you know that burnt out feeling. It helps me sleep though.

Well right now my high feels really similar to the LSA trip I had last weekend. Meaning lots of closed eye visuals.

I become a total space cadet.

Lots of my friends get all giggly and talkative on weed, while I'm almost always quiet and zoned-out.

LSDMDMA&8425199 said:
amphetamine>weed.

Agreed! :D

Take the hit feeling a sense of impending doom...

30 or so minutes of panic slowly progressing into steady anxiety...

Calmness, weird thoughts, laughter...

Time to smoke more....

and around again.

Once tolerance builds over a few days, I am able to smoke with ease. It is not a habit which I am comfortable with anymore unless continuously high on opiates.

Alas.

First I get paranoid, then tired and hungry. I don't enjoy it anymore at all and haven't smoked in a very long time. I used to smoke a lot in high school and subsequent years and loved it.

Take the hit feeling a sense of impending doom...

30 or so minutes of panic slowly progressing into steady anxiety...

I hate this part. I think it has to do with the head change. You become aware of a different aspect of your environment as well as your self concept (self consciousness, anxiety, reading too much into what your stoned friends say, anxiety about things you need to do, social withdrawal...)

But yeah, soon it gives away to video games, food, rambling, and euphoria.

After I exhale the marijuana smoke (And usually spend some time trying to suppress a cough or giving up and coughing everywhere- The effects of bongs), I usually feel -

Instant head fogginess, change of perspective.
Instant loss of social abilities. I think way too long before and after saying anything, making sure it is the 'correct' thing to say. In essence I lose a huge part of my personality because I'm not just being me- I'm stoned and and socially anxious. When sober I'm EXACTLY The opposite, sociable and can have a conversation with anyone. I don't even want to be physically around people who are also not stoned - even close friends. I can't stand having to interact.

Instant tiredness, lack of motivation to do things I was going to do (EG Make some nice food, munchies are there but the motivation to actually eat is gone. It is easier eating crappy instant food), and after a little time has passed grogginess and tiredness followed by a 'dead' sleep. I wake up feeling tired and groggy, rather than energized and awake from my sleep. I don't have any dreams...

Yep, paranoia, laziness and a lowering of my IQ and personality are definitely qualities I look for in a drug,

Wait...Why do I keep smoking again ?
lol

Senses
Vision pulsates, oscillates. I'm hyper aware of visual noise. The colors and image afterburns normally seen with the eyes closed are overlayed with eyes open. Eyes closed I see... patterns.

Audio is stretched. Longer in duration, as well as more detailed. I'm able to understand what the fuck people are actually saying in music (Modest Mouse is a prime example) and the intricacies of music are enjoyed. The first time I listened to Jimi Hendrix "Castles Made of Sand" I almost died when the solo started. I could really appreciate the song (especially its mix), and was blown away by it.

Tactile sensations pulsate much like vision. This is most apparent in areas that are dense in nerve endings. Putting my hands in my pockets to retrieve something feels very choppy.

Taste and smell are magnified in the best of ways. Everything becomes palatable, more detailed, and significantly more gratifying. Pizza ftw. Sushi is brainfucktastic.

Sex is about 10 times better, although I never really enjoyed sex to begin with. Never had an orgasm, and the "feel good" feeling is fleeting.

Interpretation
Movies are much more enjoyable. Seem to be "deeper", with greater entertainment value.
Special effects look ridiculously cheesy. A relatively recent movie will bear the resemblance of special effects used 30 years ago.

Music is better, as said before. In fact, everything's better while stoned. Well, not everything, but anything that is already intrinsically enjoyable.

Other perceptions
Short term memory diminishes, especially at high doses. Disassociating.

Everything has a greater significance. More elaborate.
Everything is funnier. The line "cough, it'll make you like ten times higher" in Pineapple Express almost killed me.
Thought can be more closely examined.
Thought pattern is perceived to be different. Wild conclusions to be had. Paired with anxiety, can create paranoia.
Time dilation.
General relaxation. Floating. Fun.

EDIT: Forgot the most important thing! It feels like I'm in a video game with terrible frame-rate! About 10fps, subjectively.

My weed high is pretty difficult to explain well so i'll just describe the effects I feel nearly every time I smoke.

- Slower reaction time.

- Deep analysis and consciousness of normally uninteresting subjects/objects.

- Munchies!

- Increased appreciation for all forms of music. The different instruments in the production/mix/orchestra are heard more clearly and each one can be heard in greater detail. Appreciation for the purpose of subtle nuances which add the piece.

- Increased appreciation of the female form. A good looking girl becomes ten times as desirable. No ugly women do not become more desirable they stay unnatractive :)

- Sleepyness on the comedown, followed by (if I haven't smoked to much) a deep and relaxing sleep which I wake up from the following day smiling and relaxed.

The effects above I experience and enjoy pretty much EVERYTIME I smoke weed. Other things like visuals, laughing fits, euphoria, etc. depend on set and setting and aren't a given for me anymore.

Last edited:
First paranoid, my limbs feel cold/ like ice (this part I find really odd) then behind my eyeballs I feel frozen. These feelings increase the paranoia. Then everything slows down and I lose track of 'what is time'. Sometimes I allow myself to enjoy this, other times I just can't.

Usually I don't smoke weed, as it doesn't really relax me. When I get to that anxious point I pop a clonazepam and from then on I'm 'okay'. Last time I thought the waves on the lake were white tailed deer running in the corner of my eye... :|

- side note. I agree with those who say it varies every time so it's a hard question to answer. I've also had some very interesting, enjoyable highs. The one described is just my most common.

"relax and take notes, while i take tokes of the marijuana smoke"

for me the weed lessens any muscle cramps I have and is a "cure for depression and boredom." it also works wonders for my anxiety and insomnia.