Mental Health Depression MEGA Thread - DepressionTalk + Over 100 Links of Info

what i want to know is what the fuck is there to not be depressed about? Divorce rates at 50%, the planet has fucking culturally stagnated, the media is nothing but bullshit sensationalist scare tactics and mindless rhetoric, the planet is just as war torn and fucked up as it's ever been but people pretend shit doesn't happen hecause we're nice and safely a continent away from it all and we're consuming resources at a much faster rate than is possibly sustainable, pretty much guaranteeing the destruction of the future of the human race by our own greed and selfishness and lack of forsight. The best you can do is just give up caring and ride it out, because you can't make a fucking difference anyway. Fuck it.

qft

^ crankinit fucking nailed it! I've never seen the world in this bad of shape. Earth is fragile, anything can happen to us at anytime. Mother Nature is pushing back hard. Something big is coming though that will destroy us.

Ever see that movie Melancholia? It was so beautifully done. There was a planet that was headed toward Earth, but it was supposed to bypass us, instead the planet ended up colliding into Earth and wiping us out. Kirsten Dunst played a major depressive part because she knew shit was about to hit the fan and she wasn't going to pretend everything was ok. I love that movie, but it is a downer. Still, a reminder anything can happen to us and this planet at any time. Nothing is guaranteed.

I'm sick of going on with this shitty "life". Like seriously. Depression gets worst if you are a girl and have PMDD. That's a suicidal type of PMS. So women, look up PMDD. Some women have regular PMS, PMDD makes major depression even worst. It's a miracle I'm still alive. When I'm not on my period, I'm fucking miserable, then when that time of the month comes, everything horrible is amplified. Fuck me...

Last edited:
Sorry I'm using this thread to vent but I realize I have NO ONE. Maybe drinking hasn't helped my mental state and I should get some sleep and try to get up at an early time for exercise. For what? I don't know. It's not over for me yet or a lot of you even though it FEELS that way. Trust me, I am soooo alone, but still here. I don't fucking know why but there must be a reason. I had a lot of wine tonight, hopefully I can still get a good workout in.

I have been locked inside of my room for 3 weeks , feel more and more like harming myself. Don't know what to do my options are limited and I'm not in control

I have been locked inside of my room for 3 weeks , feel more and more like harming myself. Don't know what to do my options are limited and I'm not in control

God knows I relate because I lock myself in my room and isolate too. Trust me, I know it's HARD, but please get out of your room. Take a shower, even if you don't, go watch TV. Walking outside can be helpful. To keep it real, today is one of those "Fuck it." days. I'm drinking wine and listening to music.

Nine Inch Nails - Down In It is playing. Perfect for my situation.

I'm scared. I never have anyone to talk to. I'm just scared and I think too much all the time. My life is a nightmare. In a house full of people but still alone. I see everything falling apart. My life is falling apart and other siblings too. I'm going to turn the lights off and go back into the dark. Life is killing me.

I'm just going to leave this link here about PMDD and I'm done with this thread. It's severe and debilitating during that time of month, starting even a week or so before. I need to get back in therapy because at least my therapist made me feel like I'm not completely alone with this.
It has fucked my life much, on top of major depression and anxiety. Add a stressful environment with a fucking bible thumping grandmother adding a fucking guilt trip all the time and it's enough to drive anyone insane.

http://www.psychguides.com/guides/living-with-premenstrual-dysphoric-disorder/

I'm scared. I never have anyone to talk to. I'm just scared and I think too much all the time. My life is a nightmare. In a house full of people but still alone. I see everything falling apart. My life is falling apart and other siblings too. I'm going to turn the lights off and go back into the dark. Life is killing me.

I'm really sorry for your plight brother/sister. I know just what you are talking about as I've seen my life take a similar turn. I'm open to PM if you want to talk to someone supportive.

Since I have been severely damaged by psych meds... ADs, Benzos, etc etc and now know the truth of how deadly these drugs are, the truth behind big pharma and the whole psychiatry profession - yes I spent 6 years doing in depth research behind on all this - where does one turn for proper holistic care? Since my brain and body has been poisoned by these neurotoxins where can I turn?

Please reconsider your desire to reach to psych medications for help. They will at some point come back to bite you.

Thank you,

A very interesting amalgamation of information regarding the efficacy of psych medication. I urge all of you to read it. It helped me to make the decision never use medication again. I nearly died from taking them.

http://www.wayneramsay.com/drugs.htm

"In thinking back to all the inpatient units I've been associated with (six) and the patients who were admitted to them (thousands), the most important thing we did for many was to stop the irrational medications they were prescribed by psychiatrists." Psychiatrist Michael Alan Taylor, M.D., in his book Hippocrates Cried: The Decline of American Psychiatry (Oxford University Press 2013, p. 167)

"There is no evidence that any class of psychiatric drug acts by reversing or partially reversing an underlying physical process that is responsible for producing symptoms." Joanna Moncrieff, MBBS, MSc, MRCPsych, MD — Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Sciences, University College, London, "Psychiatric diagnosis as a political device", Social Theory & Health, Vol. 8, 4, pp. 370-882 (2010)

"For every class of psychiatric drugs, long-term studies (a few months or more) have continued to show no proof of effectiveness. ... all psychiatric drugs have serious long-term adverse effects and tend to produce chronic brain impairment (CBI)." Psychiatrist Peter R. Breggin, M.D., in his book Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal—A Guide for Prescribers, Therapists, Patients, and Their Families (Springer Publishing 2013), pp. 70 & 265

"I'm someone who has been gravely harmed by psych drugs and just trying to pick up the pieces of my life to carry on with it. ... I've been off psych drugs for 4 years now and still debilitated by them. ... I'm continually astounded at the downward pull of these pills on my life even now. Makes me think that I must somehow help others from psychiatry when I recover myself." E.R., female, age 35, in Michigan, in e-mail to me in 2015

"I've lost everything. ... Klonopin took it all." L. A., female, age 55, New York, in a telephone conversation with me in 2014 or 2015

"...how then can we distinguish psychopharmacology from quackery?" Stuart A. Kirk, D.S.W., Tomi Gomory, Ph.D., & David Cohen, Ph.D., in their book Mad Science—Psychiatric Coercion, Diagnosis, and Drugs (Transaction Publishers 2013), p. 275

Psychiatric drugs harm the brain, often permanently. Psychiatric drugs have no beneficial effects for those who take them (except, sometimes, a placebo effect, if taken in a dose low enough for their toxic effects to not be pronounced—or relief of withdrawal symptoms when attempting to reduce dosage or stop taking the drug). Psychiatric drugs and the physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and (in some states of the U.S.A.) psychologists who prescribe them, and judges who order their administration, are dangers to your health. Legislators and governors who enact laws authorizing "treatment over objection" with psychiatric drugs, and judges who approve involuntary psychiatric "medication" orders, and those who carry out the orders, are subjecting people to misery and to brain-damage that is often not reversible, and they are violating human rights. Because government licensing of health care practitioners exists to protect the public from harmful or unscientific treatment, the use of psychiatric drugs by licensed practitioners should be prohibited by law—except for patients who are already addicted to a psychiatric drug and need to be withdrawn slowly, or who must continue taking a drug for life to avoid intolerable withdrawal symptoms.
Most of what you need to know about psychiatric drugs or "medications" is found in a 457 page book published in 2008 by psychiatrist Peter R. Breggin, M.D., Brain-Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry, Second Edition (Springer Publishing Company):

...except for the brain dysfunction and biochemical imbalances caused by psychiatric drugs, there are no known abnormalities in the brains of people who routinely seek help from psychiatrists ... For this edition of this book, the concept of brain-disabling treatment has been updated and expanded with...new information on the neurotoxicity and cytotoxicity of all antipsychotic drugs. ... All biopsychiatric treatments share a common mode of action: the disruption of normal brain function. ... all the major categories of psychiatric drugs—antidepressants, stimulants, tranquilizers (antianxiety drugs), mood stabilizers, and antipsychotics​—​are neurotoxic. They poison neurons, and sometimes destroy them. ... The currently available biopsychiatric treatments are not specific for any known disorder of the brain. One and all, they disrupt normal brain function, without correcting any brain abnormality. ... even if one or another psychiatric disorder someday turns out to have a biological basis, that in no way would justify inflicting psychiatric drugs on these patients, thereby compounding their underlying brain disorder with drug toxicity. ... Ironically, psychiatric drugs do not cure or ameliorate central nervous system disorders; they cause them. [pp. xxiii, xxvii, 2, 7, 8, 43]

Don't be fooled everyone !!! These drugs kill and mame.

I'm not going to go into great depth about this, but I want to strongly push back against this tirade of complete bullshit from Dolphins 1. Psychiatric meds absolutely (and very obviously) work for treating many different mental health conditions. That had been shown time and time again in all kinds of studies with all different types of drugs. To deny that is absurd. I'm sure you bought this guy's bullshit that mental health illnesses don't exist too, right? Ridiculous.

Furthermore, the idea that these drugs are all neurotoxic is fucking absurd. There is exceptionally little evidence of direct toxicity to neurons by psychiatric drugs. There's an argument to be made against mdma, for sure, but that's not widely accepted as a psychiatric drug and even that evidence is seriously tenuous, and that has by far the most evidence. The one potential concession I'll give you is antipsychotics which, although they aren't proven to be directly toxic to neurons, definitely commonly cause long term health issues after chronic use including extrapyramidal side effects (tremors, ataxia, etc) and significant weight gain that is refractory to stopping treatment. And certainly there may be long term effects of other drugs that aren't positive, but that doesn't mean they're neurotoxic, nor does it mean that they're not worth using, especially if you're in extreme distress and contemplating suicide.

These drugs aren't perfect and they're not without risks and issues and side effects and there should always be due consideration of these factors before taking them, but telling people that they're definitely useless and harmful is both wrong and harmful in itself.

For what it's worth, I have a masters in pharmacology that I got while working in a neuropsychopharmacology and behavioral pharmacology lab and I'm training to be a pharmacist, so I actually know things, rather than regurgitate bullshit paranoid ramblings of people who disregard science to support their own paranoid delusions that it's all a conspiracy to control and dumb down people.

P.s. You don't need to know the mechanism of action or prove some preexisting imbalance to show proof of efficacy. It's irrelevant, if it works. Also, there is proof of brain differences and imbalances in brains of people with mental health disease so that's a bullshit argument anyway. I'll concede though that the idea of low serotonin being the cause of depression is pretty much fatally flawed and without significant evidence. But there is evidence for many other disorders.

If you have a psychiatrist who is not telling you to use benzos every day, then you have a good one. I used to be mad at my psychiatrist when she made the decision to start weaning people off of klonopin, but I really do need it at times so she still prescribes it to me. It is not something that should be taken every single day.

During my hospital stay, they didn't push any drugs on me so it was a good psych ward. They only prescribed me klonopin eventually because they said "Well, we have to give you something and your psychiatrist prescribes this so it's fine."
Even when I would ask for my dose of klonopin in the hospital, they would say "Do you REALLY need it?" And I would think about it and no, I didn't really need it at that time. It was just my mind telling me I needed to take it, but I didn't. So...a great a hospital and great doctors will not be quick to pump you full of drugs. They will try to deter you from it. Or maybe that's just my case. Some people probably really do need anti-depressants, etc. It just never worked for me except MAOIs.

Such a nice thread. A perfect website to have this on too. I feel like I have a fairly advanced knowledge of drugs due to my depression. I am sober right now and it seems every Time I am I remember what its like to look in the mirror and realize that I'm getting older, and life is starting to get grim. It began with just normal sadness. Next thing I know I'm doing every substance I can to escape the empty feeling of being alone on earth. Its caused me to be homeless at 19, 30k in medical debt, carless, no friends ect. Once you hit rock bottom, especially at 20, it seems there is never a chance to be a normal person again. Everyone seems to focus on your past, and not the good parts.

I used to drink heavily in depressed phases on Bipolar Disorder. It drowned out my negative thoughts temporarily. Made me feel alive as my inhibitions and anxiety went away.

But it never ended well - only potentiated the depression.

Thanks for checking in tremours. You're not alone. Some good stand up comedy always makes me better ;p

I'm glad things are improving for you. Anything in particular the catalyst of that change?

I have chronically recurring episodes of depression. All my life. In between these episodes, I have intervals of feeling okay. Right now I'm having a bad episode. Over the years I had every kind of psych care, psych drug and therapy. It was all pretty much a waste. Amitriptyline (antidepressant) is a slight help, so I stay on that.

I used to have a presciption for Ritalin. If I took 40 mg of Ritalin together with 20 mg of hydrocodone, I got a major mood boost in half an hour. (The 2 meds combined was effective, where either one alone was not.) I don't have the Ritalin anymore. I have a limited supply of hydrocodone (Vicodin.) If I take a double dose of that, it brings some relief, but I can't do that too often, or I'll run out and start to withdraw. Restless leg syndrome makes me want to jump off a cliff.

This is a bad episode I'm in. Probably almost a week. I tell myself to take a shower, get dressed and start cleaning up my place (like 4 days of dishes piled up.) Sometimes that will start to end the episode. I have to try because for past 4 days I've been way too despondent. I just keep breaking down in what is similar to fresh grief.

When I'm better, I might get some Kratom and cannabis to have on hand. That stuff would be new to me. But I've turned over every other rock. I've noticed that my brother who smokes weed a lot gets very depressed when he smokes. So that doesn't look very promising.

I don't have a good network of supportive people in my life. My usual aquaintances are needy people who drain the life out of me. So I've stayed alone for days. That gets hard.

I have chronically recurring episodes of depression. All my life. In between these episodes, I have intervals of feeling okay. Right now I'm having a bad episode. Over the years I had every kind of psych care, psych drug and therapy. It was all pretty much a waste. Amitriptyline (antidepressant) is a slight help, so I stay on that.

I used to have a presciption for Ritalin. If I took 40 mg of Ritalin together with 20 mg of hydrocodone, I got a major mood boost in half an hour. (The 2 meds combined was effective, where either one alone was not.) I don't have the Ritalin anymore. I have a limited supply of hydrocodone (Vicodin.) If I take a double dose of that, it brings some relief, but I can't do that too often, or I'll run out and start to withdraw. Restless leg syndrome makes me want to jump off a cliff.

This is a bad episode I'm in. Probably almost a week. I tell myself to take a shower, get dressed and start cleaning up my place (like 4 days of dishes piled up.) Sometimes that will start to end the episode. I have to try because for past 4 days I've been way too despondent. I just keep breaking down in what is similar to fresh grief.

When I'm better, I might get some Kratom and cannabis to have on hand. That stuff would be new to me. But I've turned over every other rock. I've noticed that my brother who smokes weed a lot gets very depressed when he smokes. So that doesn't look very promising.

I don't have a good network of supportive people in my life. My usual aquaintances are needy people who drain the life out of me. So I've stayed alone for days. That gets hard.
have you tried wellbutrin (bupropion) ? just curious, a decent chunk of people do pretty well on it.

have you tried wellbutrin (bupropion) ? just curious, a decent chunk of people do pretty well on it.
I'm pretty sure I was on wellbutrin briefly back some years ago. I can't remember how it affected me. If it had been either real good or real bad, I'ld remember.

I saw something advertized that was kind of new. It was bupropion combined with dextromethorphan. The makers claim it's good for depression. They seemed to think this combo med was a big breakthrough. Those two ingredients are old as the hills. I have read that dextromethorphan will potentiate an opioid. *Auvelity* is the name of it.

I'm pretty sure I was on wellbutrin briefly back some years ago. I can't remember how it affected me. If it had been either real good or real bad, I'ld remember.

I saw something advertized that was kind of new. It was bupropion combined with dextromethorphan. The makers claim it's good for depression. They seemed to think this combo med was a big breakthrough. Those two ingredients are old as the hills. I have read that dextromethorphan will potentiate an opioid. *Auvelity* is the name of it.
it took a couple months and increasing the dosage from 150mg to start, to its max 450mg, for it to start noticeably helping me.

it took a couple months and increasing the dosage from 150mg to start, to its max 450mg, for it to start noticeably helping me.
That's a good point. They often start you off at doses too small to make much of a dent. Sometimes you have to play around with dosage. That can take time and patience.

no mine is not depresssion..it hits like a licomotive and i cannot wlk...more looks like first signs of Parkinsons...shuffle my legs with help of a stick....from nightmare to nightmare....a lo ....a lot of pisss-two-three drops...and feels like my bladder is full.After two -three days like nothuing happened.I call this dark energy....it could it be some brain ilness idk