• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Depression Medication, Therapy & Alternative Treatment

Switched to Olanzipine and holy mother of fuckwank it more effective than anything else I've tried.
Aripiprazole and Quetiapine can go to the chemical Hell they induced.

But raasyvibe knows much more about this than anyone else clearly!

Indeed, so let me be of help to you then and clear up the misconceptions and ignorance:

Dunno if you are still joking, but the most important type of Vitamin D, namely D3, is synthesized in the body out of 7-Dehydrocholesterol and sunlight. So in order to keep a sufficient level of D3, you either have to expose yourself to sunlight regularly or take supplements.

Not true, vitamin D3 can be found in foods. Namingly eggs cheese, beef and abundantly in cod liver oil. For further reading click on the Link below

Indeed, so let me be of help to you then and clear up the misconceptions and ignorance:

Not true, vitamin D3 can be found in foods. Namingly eggs cheese, beef and abundantly in cod liver oil. For further reading click on the Link below

That will be the problem I only eat 2kg+ of beef a week and 60 eggs or so! No wonder I don't get enough vitamin D!
Thanks for enlightening me

What the eck's that weirs little thing on your post????

Evey

I finally managed to find an antidepressant I liked that also wasn't actually just taking street drugs. I just went to the doc, said "Both SSRIs you gave me were crap, I'm on low-dose speed right now because I ran out of hormones and didn't really feel like dying, give me something that hits neurotransmitters more like speed does". And then she gave me venlafaxine, which is an SNRI, and it's been holding up pretty well. No horrid side effects, no sleep schedule drift when I'm not using stimulants, just pushes me up to functionality. The only notable problem is slight tiredness, and I seem to need a bit longer to recover from a heavy night, but if I need to be awake, there's always modafinil.

Just my 2 cents and all that, and SRIs are notoriously fickle, but it works for me so I thought I might as well share.

I finally managed to find an antidepressant I liked that also wasn't actually just taking street drugs. I just went to the doc, said "Both SSRIs you gave me were crap, I'm on low-dose speed right now because I ran out of hormones and didn't really feel like dying, give me something that hits neurotransmitters more like speed does". And then she gave me venlafaxine, which is an SNRI, and it's been holding up pretty well. No horrid side effects, no sleep schedule drift when I'm not using stimulants, just pushes me up to functionality. The only notable problem is slight tiredness, and I seem to need a bit longer to recover from a heavy night, but if I need to be awake, there's always modafinil.

Just my 2 cents and all that, and SRIs are notoriously fickle, but it works for me so I thought I might as well share.

Pleaded to hear this <3

Evey

Glad to hear you've found something that's working better for you. I'd thought of venlafaxine as a bogey man for years but a few of my friends that have been through the list of SSRIs have been placed on venlafaxine and it seems to be working well for them. One of them is even on his taper off it now and I haven't seen him this happy and sociable in years. I hope things continue to get better, Squid.

Really nice to see you posting a little bit. I hope you return eventually :)

Glad to hear you've found something that's working better for you. I'd thought of venlafaxine as a bogey man for years but a few of my friends that have been through the list of SSRIs have been placed on venlafaxine and it seems to be working well for them. One of them is even on his taper off it now and I haven't seen him this happy and sociable in years. I hope things continue to get better, Squid.

Really nice to see you posting a little bit. I hope you return eventually :)

By all accounts quitting venlafaxine is it's own unique variety of hell, so good luck to your friend with that. I do have one new complaint though, the weather is boiling and the venlafaxine either makes me warmer or makes me feel warmer, either way not what you want on a summer's day.

As I said over on the other thread, I was just sticking my head in temporarily for a question and checking out the specific drug threads while I'm here, I don't have any plans for coming back fully, but I'll probably show up every so often when I have questions to ask or questionable practices to report the effects of.

Switched to Olanzipine and holy mother of fuckwank it more effective than anything else I've tried.
Aripiprazole and Quetiapine can go to the chemical Hell they induced.
Very effective drug but watch out for weight gain and keep an eye on your blood sugar. Metabolic syndrome is one of the more nasty risks linked with olanzapine. But it certainly can work wonders.

You don't remember much, but it certainly stops you being sent to purgatory/hell. I think anyway.

*Edit: This was supposed to be posted in the ketamine/benzo combo thread, just in case I sounded a bit like I was at the edge.

Last edited:
I refused any SSRIs from docs, just because I figured talking therapy + combo of my own psychedelic use would be far more beneficial. Didn't want to have to be dependant on anything anymore. Never bought the chemical imbalance theories.

This was after I'd already been put on mood stabilisers and antipsychotics (just for being stimmed up essentially). As well as being dependant on subs and diaz.

I would ask them if they thought psyches had any therapeutic potential and depending on their answer (usually a 'Oh god no') - I would leave.

Long story short - talked a lot, tripped a lot, laughed/cried a lot, felt a lot better.

I refused any SSRIs from docs, just because I figured talking therapy + combo of my own psychedelic use would be far more beneficial. Didn't want to have to be dependant on anything anymore. Never bought the chemical imbalance theories.

This was after I'd already been put on mood stabilisers and antipsychotics (just for being stimmed up essentially). As well as being dependant on subs and diaz.

I would ask them if they thought psyches had any therapeutic potential and depending on their answer (usually a 'Oh god no') - I would leave.

Long story short - talked a lot, tripped a lot, laughed/cried a lot, felt a lot better.

I have had periods on ssri's but usually as a short term fix. I found Lexapro quite effective. I did not want to stay on pills though so i did much the same. Talking therapy, psychedelics and exercise (surfing). I found it far more effective for me. We are all different but its proven effective as far as I am concerned.

Very effective drug but watch out for weight gain and keep an eye on your blood sugar. Metabolic syndrome is one of the more nasty risks linked with olanzapine. But it certainly can work wonders.

Out of the first lot of 'Atypical' Antipsychotics we started using in 1999 to treat folk for hundreds of pounds per patient per week....

(every patient was worth ever penny we could spend to get them better but just to compare then to the 'Typical' Neuroleptics which cost about £1.25 for a vial of 'Depixol', a depot injection of flupentixol decanoate that would treat someone for a fortnight. But these of course came with all the intolerable side effects that all these old antipsychotics typically produce)

.......such as 'Risperdal' (risperidone) and 'Seroquel' (quetiapine) as they were all under patent. We generally thought that the Risperidone was crap, the quetiapine worked well but only once someone was stabilised first which left 'Zyprexa' (the only brand of olanzepine on the market at the time ) the first choice for crises management - as it was effective as chlorpromazine and haloperidol at quickly bringing psychotic symptoms under control. Of course, the weight issue and the Met. Syn. was something that the patient needed educating about if they were to be prescribed it for medium to long term symptomatic management. Although it still didn't seem like a very pleasant medicine to take with regards to side effects the real typical nasty stuff like Parkinsonism and akathisia didn't seem to be as objectively pronounced, so at least with regards to psychiatric emergencies we found it to be one of the best atypical neuroleptics we had access to.

Out of the first lot of 'Atypical' Antipsychotics we started using in 1999 to treat folk for hundreds of pounds per patient per week....

(every patient was worth ever penny we could spend to get them better but just to compare then to the 'Typical' Neuroleptics which cost about £1.25 for a vial of 'Depixol', a depot injection of flupentixol decanoate that would treat someone for a fortnight. But these of course came with all the intolerable side effects that all these old antipsychotics typically produce)

.......such as 'Risperdal' (risperidone) and 'Seroquel' (quetiapine) as they were all under patent. We generally thought that the Risperidone was crap, the quetiapine worked well but only once someone was stabilised first which left 'Zyprexa' (the only brand of olanzepine on the market at the time ) the first choice for crises management - as it was effective as chlorpromazine and haloperidol at quickly bringing psychotic symptoms under control. Of course, the weight issue and the Met. Syn. was something that the patient needed educating about if they were to be prescribed it for medium to long term symptomatic management. Although it still didn't seem like a very pleasant medicine to take with regards to side effects the real typical nasty stuff like Parkinsonism and akathisia didn't seem to be as objectively pronounced, so at least with regards to psychiatric emergencies we found it to be one of the best atypical neuroleptics we had access to.
Yeah its the best of a "bad" bunch of medicine. They all have so many side effects but if you are psychotic they are needed. Abilify was another. It made some patients manic but did not have the weight gain issues of zyprexa.