• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Depleting Serotonin Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE. I said I dont care. Either say something that can benefit me or dont post at all.

Keeping you from harming yourself benefits you. This is a “Harm Reduction“-forum. Not a „tell me doing this harmful thing is a good idea, or I will just ignore you!“-forum.

Likewise to the comment below you. I dont wanna hear any of that BS ok I will just ignore it. I came here asking for serotonin help nothing ELSE. so dont tell me what to do. for 3 pages all you been complaining.

You are getting „serotonin help“. Take a proven serotonin antagonist/inverse agonist (you said yourself that Zyprexa did help you somewhat), then work from that - maybe you need to supplement it with a mood stabilizer or an anxiolytic for the full effect. Many people need several drugs to get an acceptable level of relief for their mental illness.

Look, many of us here have had to realize that our theories concerning our own illness were flawed, and that when you‘re in great pain (whether physical or mental) it is hard to stay rational.

If we weren‘t trying to help you, we wouldn’t have posted in this thread to begin with.

Last edited:
so I have tried metergoline and Cyproheptadine neither worked at all and these 2 are supposed to be potent at blocking serotonin receptors... But Zyprexa which is an anti-pshyotic that blocks quite a few serotonin receptors worked.. So whats up with that? If Zyprexa hadnt worked I would have noted that serotonin receptors arent my problem and the only possible scenario left would have been that my SERT is extremly low. And no I dont have High dopamine......
anyone understand MIR - 16 and MIR-15a ? Will speeding or slowing down those increase SERT?

The serotonin transporter (SERT) is a key regulatory molecule in serotonergic transmission implicated in numerous biological processes relevant to human disorders. Recently, it was shown that SERT expression is controlled by miR-16 in mouse brain. Here, we show that SERT expression is regulated additionally by miR-15a as well as\ miR-16 in human and rat tissues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm closing this. You've clearly decided you are certain your serotonin levels are the issue, so just do what you think is best, since you clearly don't want rational or realistic advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.