• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Delta 8?

in america it has been known to have been sprayed onto CBD flower to enhance effects, its known to be more mild than Delta 9
However its important to note that some sources of Delta-8 will contain harmful chemicals from impure extraction methods , which will be more noticeable when consumed in large quantity

Last edited:
i never really dabbed that much. my name came about being high one night and spending far too much time trying to find a name that wasn't taken,

Ya I found delta 8 thc to be psychoactive if I do not have weed to smoke. If I have decent bud and high from it delta 8 does very little.
I would (loosely) compare it to kratom and heroin: If ya on H and dose kratom ya prolly wont feel the kratom. If ya run out of H and take kratom a coupla days later ya can feel the kratom.
Just my take.
It's for real, though.

It's real. Honestly, the stuff is quite literally everywhere these days. It's not just at CBD/hemp/cannabis stores but plenty of other places too IME. It's much less anxiogenic than delta-9, even in high doses. It tends to be more sedating than anything IME. Though, it does definitely cause a "high" that's similar to delta-9 in many ways. It kind of feels like delta-9 with a lot of CBD, except different in a way that's hard to describe. It can have a bit of a "hangover" sort of effect, especially in high doses, which delta-9 never has for me anyways.

The doses are higher milligram for milligram as well. Though, everyone is different in this regard of course. It's a fairly safe substance overall though and isn't known or suspected to cause any side effects that delta-9 doesn't. Also, it generally is less impairing than delta-9. Though, again, this isn't necessarily a hard and fast rule. It depends on the person and dosage, but it is quite sedating.

It's real.

I've been substituting delta 9 with delta 8.
Delta 8 is almost exactly like delta 9 structurally but it's less potent, so therefore you have to make an extract & higher doses of it to get it to work.

It will work if you have no thc tolerance.

I mostly just use THC these days for a boredom-cure and because I feel like the plethora of meds I take do nothing unless I smoke thc on them.
Almost like I'm at a point where my body needs thc to feel much from pills or other drugs.

I find it's very short acting too. When I first discovered it, I thought it was just gonna be like some non-psychoactive CBD bullshit. Until the buzz hit me and then I actually got a little bit of anxiety since I wasn't expecting something like that. But eventually I became pleasantly surprise that something like it was so available. And I hope it stays that way.

I still prefer delta 9. I've been able to compare both through simultaneous use & I found delta 9 is stronger, more euphoric, has a bit of a different headspace, has better pain relief & lasts almost 2hrs. Delta 8 has all of that, only much much more milder and only lasts about 30 minutes, if that.

I would describe the "high" as a come up similar to cannabis/delta 9, though not as strong, but instead of staying in a sufficiently stoned headspace for 2hrs, it drops off pretty quick and the next 30 minutes are comparable to a mild come down from a good delta 9 buzz. Or at least with tolerance to d8, this is how I feel.

I've never been able to feel anything off of delta 8 edibles or flower tho.

Over all, it's one of the best recreational legal substances out there at the moment (kratom doesn't do jack shit for me) & probably the safest (out of alcohol, dxm, OTC bs...)

One BIG downside is, I find that delta 8 wax/shatter/sugar, etc.. hits your trachea much harsher than delta 9 wax/shatter. Makes me cough every time, where as I can handle & hold a delta 9 hit.
Daily use of it leads to some sore lungs in the morning & a bit of coughing/wheezing, where as with delta 9 stuff, I don't have that problem.

PS : If you're an opioid/heroin freak like me & enjoy the boost cannabis gives your opiates, then yes, d8 will give you some of that same boost, although I still prefer d9 because it's a tad more euphoric to me & better pain relief.

Last edited:
Belta 8 is VERY real. I was a rep for a Delta 8 manufacturer, and his products were very high quality. Straight Delta 8 will not give you pain relief like marijuana, but if properly blended with CDB it will. Hemp derived CDB will not give pain relief unless combined with something psychoactive. If you want to avoid the throat harshness of Delta 8 try THCO which converts to Delta 9. THCO is stronger than Delta 8 and not harsh on the treat/lungs at all, but it produces more anxiety.

The gummies are okay and kick in fast but the vapes are shit. at least in my area they barely work and hit like sandpaper.

Belta 8 is VERY real. I was a rep for a Delta 8 manufacturer, and his products were very high quality. Straight Delta 8 will not give you pain relief like marijuana, but if properly blended with CDB it will. Hemp derived CDB will not give pain relief unless combined with something psychoactive. If you want to avoid the throat harshness of Delta 8 try THCO which converts to Delta 9. THCO is stronger than Delta 8 and not harsh on the treat/lungs at all, but it produces more anxiety.

Thco can be harsh on the lungs in my experience, but the effect is delayed. Its smooth at first then 20-30 minutes after vaping some my lungs burn similar to other cannabinoids.

Y'all, you just need to find a quality bulk supplier, and either figure out terpenes yourself or find a decent supplier who uses CDTs. Good delta-8 with proper CDTs tastes and feels amazing, and is cheap to boot. I've never bought a cart from a local shop, I always just order bulk distillate and fill my own CCell brand carts. I make my own tinctures and edibles. I get high 24/7 now and it costs maybe $40/month.

I love 3chi brand

Their d8 is insanely viscous almost solid (high purity) and they add CDTs. Tastes like the real thing.

Definitely more expensive than buying bulk (I buy one cart at a time) but they also sell bulk on their website

Their d8 is insanely viscous almost solid
Yeah d8 should be rock solid below ~75 degrees F. In the winter I hold the carts in my hands or put them on top of the fridge between sessions to get the distillate flowing. To fill carts, I have to put the jar of distillate in boiling water for 15 minutes before I can draw it into the syringe effectively.

Hmmm, I find THCO to be very easy on my lungs, but you are correct about the 20 minute delay. THCO is actually a pro drug that converts to Delta 9. I stopped using it because I was getting anxiety, however my doc put me on Buspar so that worked wonders for my anxiety (the only psych drug I have found to be effective).

Unfortunately, my wife and I found that our 14 year old son, a wrestling and football star, was smoking (and dealing) pot so I stopped using any and all related products to support and set an example for him. Don't get me wrong, I think marijuana and related products can be used responsibly by older adults, just not children. Kids tend to do what you do, not what you say so I stopped. I do want to start using CDB w/ a small amount of psychoactive product again, however. I have been using Kratom 2 days on one day off to deal with significant pain (I am nearly 60 and have ben a competitive bodybuilder and martial artist for much of my life and my body is wrecked).

Unfortunately, based upon information I gathered from this site, 2 on 1 off may still result in Kratom dependance (I am cutting down to 3 days a week) so I am looking for something to fill in the days off.

It is against board rules for me to reveal the Delta 8 source I rep, but he puts out excellent products.