• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Delta 8 THC - Chronic User - Look At Me, I Am the Captain Now

I have heard it's a little more potent than THC, never heard anywhere remotely close to 300x. It most certainly is not anywhere near 300x potency of any cannabinoid... I find it less potent than delta9, but more potent than delta 8. But its qualitative effects are very chill. It does take a while to come on fully, even when smoked. But I find it calmer in nature than delta-8, let alone delta-9.

And yeah it hits really smooth.
Yeah, this website said 300%

"Either way, anyone with even a passing interest in therapeutic, alternative, hemp-derived or cutting-edge cannabinoids should know about THC-O, a cosmically powerful, borderline psychedelic derivative of cannabis that can be up to 300% more potent than even the most astronomical THC.":

Not sure where they go tthat number but 3x sounds more realistic. Although my experience with it so far today has been kinda lackluster.

I will have to ask about THC-P next if they have it.

The carts are always so much more expensive than the waxes, sugars & concentrates tho.

Yeah that is a bit concerning.

I have THC-O crumble, that I vape with a pipe. It doesn't hit as harsh as delta 8 does, but this info definitely has me on alert.

Is possible that delta 8 concentrates could have something in them too that could hurt the lungs? They are so fucking harsh. I spent a few weeks after Christmas only smoking delta 9 wax & sugar & my lungs were fine the entire time, but once I had to go back to delta 8 (in a non-legal state & no hookups), my lungs immediately became shitty again. Have a hard time breathing when I wake up & cough like a mother fucker any time I hit the shit.

I'm not sure I'll continue with THC-O then after this experiment. It's better safe than sorry I think.

I'm wondering if this product a bit bunk too, because Negentropic said this shit hits hard, as does the rest of the internet, but the effect I'm getting is incredibly mild. Even more so than delta 8. So who knows what I'm smoking then.

If something needs to be metabolized by a liver enzyme into another drug tho, can this not make other ROA less effective though? For example, tramadol metabolizes into ODSMT in the liver, which is much more potent, however if one were to snort tramadol, they would get more tramadol on the receptor and less ODSMT right? Wonder if eating a piece of it would do anything. lol

Thanks for the info Skorpio!
I'd definately try eating it.

In the case of tramadol, first pass metabolism is definately a desired thing (it's getting metabolized by one of the CYP enzymes, of which the majority reside in the liver).

The acetyl group on THC-O, however is probably going to get removed by a carboxyesterase. These enzymes are found at fairly high levels in the blood, so hepatic metabolism is likely not as important for bioactivation.

It's like the difference between heroin and codiene. Both prodrugs for morphine (I'm intentionally ignoring the whole 3-MAM thing), but heroin gets cleaved much more rapidly in the blood by carboxyesterases and codeine needs the CYP enzymes in the liver to demethylate it.

(I guess another aspect about hepatic versus blood based bioactivation reactions, is that there is a greater diversity of metabolic enzymes in the liver. Codeine for example gets glucuronidated which reduces the total level of morphine reaching the brain as it is occurring in competition locally with its conversion to morphine. As there are less of these enzymes floating freely in the blood, something metabolized in this locale will likely be closer to a stoichiometric conversion).

I'd definately try eating it.

In the case of tramadol, first pass metabolism is definately a desired thing (it's getting metabolized by one of the CYP enzymes, of which the majority reside in the liver).

The acetyl group on THC-O, however is probably going to get removed by a carboxyesterase. These enzymes are found at fairly high levels in the blood, so hepatic metabolism is likely not as important for bioactivation.

It's like the difference between heroin and codiene. Both prodrugs for morphine (I'm intentionally ignoring the whole 3-MAM thing), but heroin gets cleaved much more rapidly in the blood by carboxyesterases and codeine needs the CYP enzymes in the liver to demethylate it.

(I guess another aspect about hepatic versus blood based bioactivation reactions, is that there is a greater diversity of metabolic enzymes in the liver. Codeine for example gets glucuronidated which reduces the total level of morphine reaching the brain as it is occurring in competition locally with its conversion to morphine. As there are less of these enzymes floating freely in the blood, something metabolized in this locale will likely be closer to a stoichiometric conversion).
This makes much more sense. Thank you!

I will try eating some tomorrow and see if the effects are any different. Should be a fun experiment. If it works, I might stick to that route and possible continue to use it.

Eatng the THC-O provided a totally different experience.

Much stronger. No anxiety surprisingly, which usually any kind of thc gives me just a little at the start.

I can understand now why they call it the "psychedelic" one. My mind is very quiet & all I can think about is the intricacies of life & they're meaning.

I'm also acting a bit strange,

although I am going through a break up, so some of it might be some kind of mania. lol or psychotic symptom.

If I wasn't incredibly upset, this would feel pretty good tho.

Eatng the THC-O provided a totally different experience.

Much stronger. No anxiety surprisingly, which usually any kind of thc gives me just a little at the start.

I can understand now why they call it the "psychedelic" one. My mind is very quiet & all I can think about is the intricacies of life & they're meaning.

I'm also acting a bit strange,

although I am going through a break up, so some of it might be some kind of mania. lol or psychotic symptom.

If I wasn't incredibly upset, this would feel pretty good tho.
What dose do you think you took?

Glad to hear it worked well.

Hope you start feeling better soon, Death.

What dose do you think you took?

Glad to hear it worked well.

Hope you start feeling better soon, Death.
Thanks Skorpio. <3

Not sure on the dose. There's 1 whole gram here in the jar & I ate about a piece about the size of a peppercorn and swallowed it.

Still unsure how to describe it though honestly. As some one else said early in this thread, it has it's own unique "high" to it.

Felt a little like a decent delta 9 buzz, but more introspective. Dang, I wish I could describe it better. lol
I can finally see what they mean by it being more 'spiritual' though. I almost feel like I'm meditating or very zoned out without any effort. But I don't necessarily feel "stoned" like a person would think. Hmmm.

I still don't see it being more potent or stronger than delta 9 (not saying it isn't though either), but it might be bunk or I might have to eat the entire gram to see what the hype is about (although that's suppose to be a heavy dose).

but it might be bunk or I might have to eat the entire gram to see what the hype is about (although that's suppose to be a heavy dose).

Eating an entire gram would way beyond a heavy dose, I can't recommend strongly enough to not try to take anywhere near that big a dose.

But yeah, eating these cannabinoids is generally a much different and better experience. I find the same is true of delta 8, smoked/vaped it's nice, but eaten is where it really shines, it's almost like a different drug

Personally, I don't bother with d8 or THC O unless it's in edible form, mostly tincture. For that, I like them both quite a lot. And to be honest, when used sparingly, can be super high functioning compounds that have lots of legs and are rather blissful on the whole. And in terms of vaping or smoking, would just as soon just stick with good, traditional flower. But to be honest, I happen to think that THC O is probably the compound that I am the most satisfied with overall. And, you can get like 2500 mgs of THC O tincture for like 60 bucks, which I look at as cheap AF.

Eating an entire gram would way beyond a heavy dose, I can't recommend strongly enough to not try to take anywhere near that big a dose.

But yeah, eating these cannabinoids is generally a much different and better experience. I find the same is true of delta 8, smoked/vaped it's nice, but eaten is where it really shines, it's almost like a different drug
Agreed. Consuming 1 gram of either orally I could see being a crushing dose, and I would never even consider it. They are both pretty potent far below 100 mgs without a huge tolerance.

Strangely, I've never felt anything from eating delta 8, but maybe I need to give it another try.
try 3chi brand

you can tell how pure the d8 is by how viscous it is, high purity d8 is almost solid, it takes many hours for bubbles to move around in the cart

d8 can be pretty strong but the high doesn't last very long

This is a great write up. I’ve been using delta 8 everyday since it came out around 2 years ago and I think it’s one of the best things to happen to the cannabis industry especially for those of us in illegal states. And you can’t beat the price.

This is true but that’s because distillate is already decarbed. Delta 9 distillate can also be eaten without having to do anything to it, that’s what you’d find in dispensary edibles.
Decarbing is basically turning THCa, which isn’t orally active, into THC, which is.

I love delta 8. I prefer delta 9 to get stoned, but delta 8 is a great functional high, which is preferable for regular use. I can get stoned on delta 8 but I need to take a pretty high edible dose to feel it, 100+ mg.
I’ve tried most of the alternative cannabinoids and delta 8 is the best of the bunch.
Thanks Delsyd.

I agree that delta 8 is a better functioning high and better for regular everyday use than delta 9. I don't have much interest or need to explore much further outside this compound, it just "fits."

try 3chi brand

you can tell how pure the d8 is by how viscous it is, high purity d8 is almost solid, it takes many hours for bubbles to move around in the cart

d8 can be pretty strong but the high doesn't last very long
Yes...second that 3chi brand.

Strangely, I've never felt anything from eating delta 8, but maybe I need to give it another try.

Really?? Crazy, I find it better and more psychedelic than delta 9. The dose is higher though. 75mg for me is nice and strong but not too much. It takes a long time to come on sometimes, longer than delta-9. I always get strong introspection and intense emotion, cathartic crying more than once.

Gotta give thc-o some props. Ate some around 3 hours ago, laid back to sleep and started smiling and got back up. Its way past my bedtime. Nice relaxed calm with just enough edge to make it fun.
Didnt take but maybe 15-20mg? :oops: Wowed as my ingesting of 300-500mg known thc will do very little psychoactively for me but does help a lot for aches.
Sold.
:love:

Wow, I'm surprised it was so effective if you have that much tolerance. For me, it seems about equipotent, or even maybe slightly less potent, than regular THC. Although that might be partly because regular THC is so prone to giving me anxiety that it feels stronger than it is.

It took me awhile to get accustom to & to notice the effects of THC-O.

It felt closer to delta 9 but it lacked a lot of that anxious & confused mind state, which I interpreted as "not working" or "not very strong".
It almost had it's own unique "high" rather than just saying it was like "d8" or "d9"...
Hard to explain it. Eating it also worked.

I might give a different brand a try some time.

Really?? Crazy, I find it better and more psychedelic than delta 9. The dose is higher though. 75mg for me is nice and strong but not too much. It takes a long time to come on sometimes, longer than delta-9. I always get strong introspection and intense emotion, cathartic crying more than once.
I feel you on the intense emotion and cathartic crying, oral delta 8 is like the MDMA of cannabis, its incredible cause the sadness always gives away to positivity and joy in my experience, but man if you're sitting on some buried feelings of regret or something prepare for that shit to come up at some point.

Hadn't really given the Eaten d8 a fair shake until recently but why I waited is beyond me, recently felt the need to distance myself from smoking so much strong indoor weed (this shit has become so good its killing me) and this new technology (delta 8 distillate) fell right into my lap at about the exact moment in my life it needed to

Sometimes you think its gonna be a rough transition and then god greases the wheels

Uh yeah. Anyway. Thanks guys y'all give me hope that even if the world is going to be authoritarian some nerds will just find a loophole to keep things relatively accessible.

This post is disjointed and I'm not fixing it lmfao