• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

delicious products v. condiments and such

alasdairm

Moderator: S&T
Staff member
i'm a huge fan of this - it turns mediocre homemade food and leftovers into a taste sensation:

marinade-mings_300.jpg

i'm not huge fan of really hot hot sauces - i prefer flavor to heat. i've been buying this by the case recently. it's not crazy hot - on par with cholula perhaps - but it packs so much flavor. it's only $2 a bottle at trader joe's:

316IN0sGDiL.jpg

which edible products can you just not get enough off?

alasdair

Nice suggestions! I'm simple. Plain ol' sriracha is wonderful. Especially on Pho.

Rather dull as well, but I'm a sucker for quality worcestershire sauce. Goes so well on a variety of things, and also mixes well into many spreads and dips! :D

Rather dull as well, but I'm a sucker for quality worcestershire sauce. Goes so well on a variety of things, and also mixes well into many spreads and dips! :D

+1 worchestashoostashire sauce! I'm good with horseradish myself, love getting that kick in the sinuses :D For extra heat I'm satisfied with a dash or two of 100k+ SHU cayenne

These are lush

knorr-lamb-stock-cubes-8x10g.jpg

Put two of these cubes in a large mug with hot water and you have yourself a ghetto soup.

Asides from that, you can't beat old fashioned tabasco.

03009-original.jpg

These are lush

knorr-lamb-stock-cubes-8x10g.jpg

Put two of these cubes in a large mug with hot water and you have yourself a ghetto soup.

Asides from that, you can't beat old fashioned tabasco.

03009-original.jpg

LOL! Yes that would produce a very ghetto, and very salty broth. Well done. <3

Persimmon Vinegar-Add fresh Chili Pequin and you're set with a hot and sauce sauce with a hint of dank sweetness!
Persimmonvinegar.jpg

garlic-expressions.jpg

it is pretty much just garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper but it tastes delicious on pretty much anything.

I am a fan of Tabasco, and I really love it on eggs and chicken. And garlic butter sauce for fish and crab is amazing, but I don't think that comes packaged.

Personally I prefer cholula I have that stuff on everything. Tabasco jus doesn't do it for me, yeah it's hot but not much else. Cholula is made with a selection of chillies and peppers that are close relatives of the peach, making it more sweeter and flavoursome. One of my own "homemade sauces" is; any good soy sauce, cholula or nandos hot sauce, lime juice and spring onions. It's a marinade, dip or a cookin sauce!

yep - i find tabasco very one-dimensional.

alasdair

this stuff is mainly for seafood but you can put it on more or less anything really.

old-bay-seasoning.jpg

MSG; you can add it to any meal and it'll work. Weirdly it doesn't taste like anything on its own, but when you add it to rice something magical happens.

MSG-Monosodium_glutamate-japan-packets.jpg

I like this Franks Red Hot 'Sweet Chili' on a number of things. Its a brake away from the ethnic sheeit merchandisers introduce you to in Florida...

Last edited:
Wickles. Wicked Pickles that make everything taste better. :)
I use the relish as my secret ingredient in things like egg salad or tuna salad....they're divine with jalapeños on beer brats. Nommmmmm