• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Deleriants are actually dissociatives?

Wasn't that jmainly the opiates, benzos and weed??
No it's way different with the Deleriants, and more euphoric. They really bring out euphoria from Subutex even after being on it for a while I feel like. That's the opioid I take. I remember over a decade ago I'd take Tylenol pm with Diphenhydramine to sleep when I didn't have percs, or viks, and they made me feel good. They even took the withdrawal away a good bit I feel like.

As a dissociative lover who tried diphenhydramine 500mg I can tell that these two drug groups are really nothing like each other. I know that DXM is commonly mentioned together with DPH, that's what caught my interest in the latter (DXM is possibly my #1 favorite drug, don't laugh but I prefer it over e.g. heroin) and I'm happy that I didn't dose the DPH higher but as you might know do dissociatives have a huge "therapeutic window" over different plateaus and already very low dosages (say 5mg MXE or 150mg DXM) come with a typical feeling of disassociation which the 500mg DPH lacked completely. Then even Salvia divinorum, being a kappa agonist, has more similarities to a dissociative but it is also its own drug group and not a disso.

Weed can potentiate dissos but I wouldn't classify it as one. It's very different too.
I've done all the drugs mentioned in this besides MXE, and still don't se too many differences in deleriants, and dissociatives.

Last edited:
I've taken a dose of Jimson which felt like PCP in a way to me. I think I know what you mean. Trying to go further would have had me wandering down the street naked, etc., though. So, maybe a similar feeling high at a certain dose.

Now, deleriants in a small dose are quite similar to antihistamines which have a long history of potentiation of other drugs. Especially opioids.

Last edited:
Just want to add that there is a difference between dissociation as a mental state (which many drugs can cause, you can also experience it sober) and the class of dissociative drugs. Deliriants can definitely cause some dissociation, but this does not make them dissociative drugs.

Dissociatives create a sense of disconnection from my surroundings and my mind feels like a distinct thing that is "piloting" my body which feels like a machine, where as "I" am my mind if that makes sense.

Deliriants just warp, distort and blur perception and concepts so heavily that it feels like a really intense confusing dream state while awake, talking to ghosts and nonexistent creatures and people, having trouble doing basic tasks, forgetting everything really fast, magical thinking, disturbing or wondrous things that are impossible can occur before your eyes, if anything mind and body go out the window as fundamental concepts entirely, the sense of self I can neatly portion into different "aspects" on psychedelics and dissociatives is almost nonexistent due to being so muddy on deliriants

Dissociatives create a sense of disconnection from my surroundings and my mind feels like a distinct thing that is "piloting" my body which feels like a machine, where as "I" am my mind if that makes sense.
Yes, but I get those same effects on deliriants. I mean I've maybe noticed a 5 percent difference of different effects, if that.

Just want to add that there is a difference between dissociation as a mental state (which many drugs can cause, you can also experience it sober) and the class of dissociative drugs. Deliriants can definitely cause some dissociation, but this does not make them dissociative drugs.
thank you for explaining it like this !

it is hard to put into words haha, yeah that's a solid way to put it for real

I've met several people who thought "depression" as a mental symptom was the same thing as CNS depressant drugs.