• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Science Debunking Flat Earth Theory: Why the Earth is Undoubtedly Spherical

Serhat

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

I've noticed that the Flat Earth Theory still has some traction, and I wanted to create a thread where we can discuss the scientific evidence that overwhelmingly supports the idea that the Earth is a sphere, not flat. Below are some points that could serve as a starting place for our discussion.

The concept that the Earth is not flat is supported by a wide range of scientific evidence from various disciplines, including astronomy, physics, and geology. Here are some compelling reasons:

Astronomical Evidence:​

1. Lunar Eclipses: During a lunar eclipse, the Earth passes between the Sun and the Moon, casting a round shadow on the Moon. This can only happen if the Earth is spherical.
  2. Planet Observation: All other planets and celestial bodies we've observed are spherical, not flat. It would be extremely odd for Earth to be the exception.
  3. Star Constellations: Different star constellations are visible depending on your location on the Earth, which would not be the case if the Earth were flat.

Photographic Evidence:​

1. Images from Space: Photos and live-streaming video from various space missions and satellites, including those by NASA, clearly show the Earth as a sphere.
  2. Horizon Curvature: High-altitude photographs and footage (from airplanes, balloons, etc.) show a curved horizon.

Physical Evidence:​

1. Gravity: The way gravity acts is also consistent with a spherical Earth. Gravitational force pulls objects toward the center of mass, which, in the case of a sphere, is at the center, not spread out across a flat plane.
  2. Coriolis Effect: The Earth's rotation causes the Coriolis effect, which affects the way air currents and ocean currents move in predictable patterns that are consistent with a sphere.
  3. Airline Routes: The paths that airplanes take across the Earth make much more sense when plotted on a globe than when plotted on a flat map.

Geographical Evidence:​

1. Fading Ships: When a ship sails towards the horizon, it gradually disappears from view, bottom first, which is consistent with it moving over a curved surface.
  2. Polar Circumnavigation: Pilots and explorers have traveled around both the North and South Poles, which wouldn't make sense on a flat Earth model.

Technological Evidence:​

1. GPS Technology: The Global Positioning System (GPS) relies on about 30 satellites orbiting the Earth, and the system only makes sense when calculated based on a spherical Earth.

Mathematical Evidence:​

1. Eratosthenes' Experiment: As far back as ancient Greece, Eratosthenes measured the angle of the Sun's rays at two different locations and used the difference to calculate the Earth's curvature, providing one of the earliest pieces of evidence for a spherical Earth.

Geological Evidence:​

1. Seismic Data: The way seismic waves travel through the Earth after earthquakes also supports a spherical model, with changes in speed and direction that are consistent with varying layers in a sphere.
The weight of this evidence, accumulated over centuries of observation and scientific inquiry, strongly supports the conclusion that the Earth is not flat but spherical.

Navigational Evidence:​

1. Great Circles: The shortest distance between two points on a sphere is a great circle, and this concept is applied in air and sea navigation. Such paths wouldn't make sense on a flat Earth.
  2. Lighthouse Visibility: Lighthouses are built tall so their light is visible over the curve of the Earth to ships at sea. On a flat Earth, the height wouldn't be necessary as the light wouldn't be obstructed by a curve.
  3. Triangulation and Trilateration: Geodetic surveying techniques like triangulation and trilateration make sense only when applied on a curved surface.

Atmospheric Evidence:​

1. Blue Sky and Red Sunset: The Earth's atmosphere scatters sunlight in all directions, and this phenomenon can be best explained with Earth being a sphere. The red color during sunset and sunrise is due to the curve of the Earth.
  2. Weather Patterns: Cyclones and anticyclones, characterized by the direction of their spin, are a result of Earth's rotation—another implication of its spherical shape.
  3. Atmospheric Circulation: The patterns of wind circulation (Trade winds, Westerlies, Polar Easterlies) make sense only on a spinning, spherical Earth.

Radio and Radar Evidence:​

1. Radio Horizon: Very High Frequency (VHF) radio waves and radar follow line-of-sight paths, and their range is influenced by the Earth's curvature.
  2. Satellite Dishes: The orientation and angles of satellite dishes are set based on the assumption that satellites are orbiting a spherical Earth.

Other Scientific and Empirical Evidence:​

1. Center of Mass: The Earth’s center of mass is at its physical center, a characteristic of spherical objects, not flat ones.
  2. Time Zones: The way time zones work, especially the International Date Line, can only be explained with a spherical Earth.
  3. Tides: The gravitational interactions between the Earth, Moon, and Sun causing tides are best explained by a spherical Earth.
  4. Seasons: The tilt of Earth's axis and the resulting seasons make sense only with a spherical Earth.
  5. Astronomical Alignments: Certain celestial events, like equinoxes and solstices, are explained best by a spherical Earth.
  6. Air Pressure: Atmospheric pressure changes with altitude, and this is consistent with the laws of physics as they apply to a spherical planet.
  7. Direct Flights: Certain direct flights between cities in the southern hemisphere (e.g., Sydney to Santiago) are inexplicable on a flat Earth but make perfect sense on a spherical one.
  8. Foucault Pendulum: This pendulum experiment demonstrates Earth's rotation, which is consistent with a spherical shape.
  9. Polar Ice: Images and data from polar expeditions reveal a curved horizon, which would not be expected on a flat Earth.
Adding these to the previously mentioned lines of evidence provides an even more comprehensive case for the Earth being a sphere.

what are some good, easy, cheap methods for demonstrating the globe earth while at the beach?

so far, i'm gonna try and get a good camera and some straight edges (yardsticks) and photograph the curve between the edges

"Compelling reasons" and "scientific evidence" unfortunately are not the kind of thing that Flat Earthers are interested in, I don't think... Still, good effort making this thread I guess, maybe some on-the-fence people will be swayed. Who would have predicted 100 years ago that in an age like today, of smartphones, the internet, and other wonders, anything like this thread would need to exist! :LOL: :cry:

I'll chime in anyway... For me the most obvious empirical, directly testable, a posteriori, self-evidently just stupidly obvious type of evidence to anyone who has vaguely working eyes for a spherical or at least egg shaped, curving, definitely-a-convex-shape-other-than-flat type of Earth is the existence of horizons... just... think about it... I can't really bring myself to explain how to do this, it's just obvious right? Stuff goes below the horizon, and emerges from the horizon... you can move around and change where the horizon is, especially easily if you're in front of a hill, a big rock, or whatever. Although while hills and suchlike make it easy to understand what's going on with the horizon, and stuff near it, it's probably easier to understand the curvature of the Earth when the local landscape is mostly flat, but there are some large buildings around, or even better looking out at a calm ocean and a large boat moving away...

Actually I've always thought that even without anything in the distance, anywhere that you can look out to the ocean you can see the curvature of the Earth, but I guess this isn't something I would have thought, necessarily, if I didn't already understand that the Earth was spherical, since AFAIK there isn't a big disparity in how well ancient, pre-science but coastal communities of humans understood the shape of the Earth compared to those living further inland. :unsure:

what are some good, easy, cheap methods for demonstrating the globe earth while at the beach?

so far, i'm gonna try and get a good camera and some straight edges (yardsticks) and photograph the curve between the edges
If you have binoculars you can see that when ships are approaching you will see the masts (or the top of the ship) first-- as if the rest of the boat is underwater.
Vice versa when ships are going away, of course-- the masts disappear last.

Also, sometimes it's obvious that clouds are all floating at about the same altitude. If you look at the horizon you will see them curving downward as they travel farther away. Conditions have to be just right to clearly observe this, but when it happens it is incredibly obvious that the earth and its atmosphere are curved and therefore spherical.

But if you are trying to convince a Flat-Earther, good luck. People like that first decide what the "facts" are and then twist the evidence to fit their world-view. The power of denial is astonishing.

opposite of the scientific method. For these folks, one reaches a conclusion first. Then you find fake evidence or contort actual evidence to make it fit the conclusion.
^^^ just like young earth creationism (YEC).

if you wanna see an "it's scientific" YEC type squirm (intellectually, metaphorically)...

bring up the heat problem and the radiation problem.

noah and the animals must have had some amazing radiation suits... and physics would have to have been radically altered for the earth's history to have been sped up.

we're talking the equivalent of unimaginable numbers of hydrogen bombs in a small area, all over the earth. for the whole 5-10 thousand years. the earth's crust would have (BY FAR) been vaporized. now that's some fancy ark noah built...

anyway, this shit is scary

Last edited:
there are obviously a lot of controversial subjects in this forum - and people on all sides of those subjects - but i'm not aware that we have any bluelight flat-earthers?

alasdair

there are obviously a lot of controversial subjects in this forum - and people on all sides of those subjects - but i'm not aware that we have any bluelight flat-earthers?

alasdair
I've not heard of any but our dear @AutoTripper can see your flat-earth theory and raise you to the "crater-earth theory" (which tbh I find a lot more fun than the dull old flat earth boring shit tbh, at least it's original!) but I'll leave it to him to explain it if he so wishes

I've not heard of any but our dear @AutoTripper can see your flat-earth theory and raise you to the "crater-earth theory" (which tbh I find a lot more fun than the dull old flat earth boring shit tbh, at least it's original!) but I'll leave it to him to explain it if he so wishes
It's actually an infinitely deeper vaster more unimaginagle matter I see not in a regular squared 3D logical sense.

Reality is too illusory and consciousness aside we are still basically computer equipment. AI. It is hosting us here, not other way. I acknowledge at last.

The shape nature etc of "Earth" isn't ever my focus. AI Nanotechnology which is realer than real and literally in every sense in my face 24/365 steals it like fireworks in a sauna catch your notice.

I'm no exception too just deactivating the shit painfully, slowly out of me

Which I have proven beyond any questionable doubt.

In a just court of law my case can never fail especially give me more than a crap Samsung tablet 30X blurry loupe and seriously debilitating health business, real pros come film, inspect collect confirm etc.

I can never lose. But where is this court? Not in this "realm" which is guarded and ruled by & like this dark countless millennia old secret.

My life devoted now to having done my earnest at least to expose it.

I feel I did grand job. Held strong, never doubted my self senses observation or gut. Continually examining reinventing adapting scrapping etc my all round personal layman terminology to keep a sensical relatable framework which can be whipped into any discussion.

Initially on BL alone I was laughed out the house. Naturally. But I knew I was right though. I am. Now in my mind, and this ideal just non-existent Law Court could only agree, anybody trying to stamp credibility on flat denying my case argument & evidence while claiming to be qualified to make observation draw conclusion

There is our modern commen laughing fool. There are lots.

I'm just waiting a fresh upload atm some crazy AI stuff from eyes upon waking today.

Serious living unbelievable AI shit. It needs seeing to believe.

I am making it too visible to miss even with dier equipment .

okay it was at 63% slowly uploading on sly purpose always, zeroed! Stuck 0%

I stopped using fully inconspicuous titles before re-editing back to topic (AI/Nanotechnology/Morgellons etc) soon as uploaded fast.

They play games but know still I am playing inside every rule.

I might need to delete re-try this one minus terms like AI and Krang lol.

I'll post my evidence of Krang as soon as pass YouTube's childish games.

alasdair
I hate these restrictive divisive labels, so limiting unfair bridge burning too.

But let's say I'm a Non-sphereicist at least.

1% every 7 seconds uploading fingers crossed but they have extra tricks. Can stall at 0%"Processing" indefinitely.

Or not at all we'll see. This Krang thing is unbelievable.

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that the Flat Earth Theory still has some traction, and I wanted to create a thread where we can discuss the scientific evidence that overwhelmingly supports the idea that the Earth is a sphere, not flat. Below are some points that could serve as a starting place for our discussion.

The concept that the Earth is not flat is supported by a wide range of scientific evidence from various disciplines, including astronomy, physics, and geology. Here are some compelling reasons:

Astronomical Evidence:​

1. Lunar Eclipses: During a lunar eclipse, the Earth passes between the Sun and the Moon, casting a round shadow on the Moon. This can only happen if the Earth is spherical.
  2. Planet Observation: All other planets and celestial bodies we've observed are spherical, not flat. It would be extremely odd for Earth to be the exception.
  3. Star Constellations: Different star constellations are visible depending on your location on the Earth, which would not be the case if the Earth were flat.

Photographic Evidence:​

1. Images from Space: Photos and live-streaming video from various space missions and satellites, including those by NASA, clearly show the Earth as a sphere.
  2. Horizon Curvature: High-altitude photographs and footage (from airplanes, balloons, etc.) show a curved horizon.

Physical Evidence:​

1. Gravity: The way gravity acts is also consistent with a spherical Earth. Gravitational force pulls objects toward the center of mass, which, in the case of a sphere, is at the center, not spread out across a flat plane.
  2. Coriolis Effect: The Earth's rotation causes the Coriolis effect, which affects the way air currents and ocean currents move in predictable patterns that are consistent with a sphere.
  3. Airline Routes: The paths that airplanes take across the Earth make much more sense when plotted on a globe than when plotted on a flat map.

Geographical Evidence:​

1. Fading Ships: When a ship sails towards the horizon, it gradually disappears from view, bottom first, which is consistent with it moving over a curved surface.
  2. Polar Circumnavigation: Pilots and explorers have traveled around both the North and South Poles, which wouldn't make sense on a flat Earth model.

Technological Evidence:​

1. GPS Technology: The Global Positioning System (GPS) relies on about 30 satellites orbiting the Earth, and the system only makes sense when calculated based on a spherical Earth.

Mathematical Evidence:​

1. Eratosthenes' Experiment: As far back as ancient Greece, Eratosthenes measured the angle of the Sun's rays at two different locations and used the difference to calculate the Earth's curvature, providing one of the earliest pieces of evidence for a spherical Earth.

Geological Evidence:​

1. Seismic Data: The way seismic waves travel through the Earth after earthquakes also supports a spherical model, with changes in speed and direction that are consistent with varying layers in a sphere.
The weight of this evidence, accumulated over centuries of observation and scientific inquiry, strongly supports the conclusion that the Earth is not flat but spherical.

Navigational Evidence:​

1. Great Circles: The shortest distance between two points on a sphere is a great circle, and this concept is applied in air and sea navigation. Such paths wouldn't make sense on a flat Earth.
  2. Lighthouse Visibility: Lighthouses are built tall so their light is visible over the curve of the Earth to ships at sea. On a flat Earth, the height wouldn't be necessary as the light wouldn't be obstructed by a curve.
  3. Triangulation and Trilateration: Geodetic surveying techniques like triangulation and trilateration make sense only when applied on a curved surface.

Atmospheric Evidence:​

1. Blue Sky and Red Sunset: The Earth's atmosphere scatters sunlight in all directions, and this phenomenon can be best explained with Earth being a sphere. The red color during sunset and sunrise is due to the curve of the Earth.
  2. Weather Patterns: Cyclones and anticyclones, characterized by the direction of their spin, are a result of Earth's rotation—another implication of its spherical shape.
  3. Atmospheric Circulation: The patterns of wind circulation (Trade winds, Westerlies, Polar Easterlies) make sense only on a spinning, spherical Earth.

Radio and Radar Evidence:​

1. Radio Horizon: Very High Frequency (VHF) radio waves and radar follow line-of-sight paths, and their range is influenced by the Earth's curvature.
  2. Satellite Dishes: The orientation and angles of satellite dishes are set based on the assumption that satellites are orbiting a spherical Earth.

Other Scientific and Empirical Evidence:​

1. Center of Mass: The Earth’s center of mass is at its physical center, a characteristic of spherical objects, not flat ones.
  2. Time Zones: The way time zones work, especially the International Date Line, can only be explained with a spherical Earth.
  3. Tides: The gravitational interactions between the Earth, Moon, and Sun causing tides are best explained by a spherical Earth.
  4. Seasons: The tilt of Earth's axis and the resulting seasons make sense only with a spherical Earth.
  5. Astronomical Alignments: Certain celestial events, like equinoxes and solstices, are explained best by a spherical Earth.
  6. Air Pressure: Atmospheric pressure changes with altitude, and this is consistent with the laws of physics as they apply to a spherical planet.
  7. Direct Flights: Certain direct flights between cities in the southern hemisphere (e.g., Sydney to Santiago) are inexplicable on a flat Earth but make perfect sense on a spherical one.
  8. Foucault Pendulum: This pendulum experiment demonstrates Earth's rotation, which is consistent with a spherical shape.
  9. Polar Ice: Images and data from polar expeditions reveal a curved horizon, which would not be expected on a flat Earth.
Adding these to the previously mentioned lines of evidence provides an even more comprehensive case for the Earth being a sphere.
Uses to be a genius IMO Belgian researcher on YouTube the Earth's real Crater theory expert, which can surreally tie in with other conceptual models

You want to check out all the evidence he presents.

YouTube finally erased him so he moved elsewhere Bitchute for one, I bet others too.

Godgevlamste

Might be a small "g"odgev...

The solar system needed a frisbee... and we're it.

Fo0BNvn.jpg

But let's say I'm a Non-sphereicist at least.

i'm happy to use whichever term you prefer? always willing to learn.

what do you believe (when it comes to the shape of where we live) and why?

alasdair

i'm happy to use whichever term you prefer? always willing to learn.

what do you believe (when it comes to the shape of where we live) and why?

alasdair
Hi. I'm open and aim to keep grounded, original too so I will say...

I consider Antarctica is a scam, it's an ice wall encircling our Continents or "Known Lands" with a particular large high mountainous region, outside the ice walls heavily guarded militarily are all permiters too, are more vast seas, more lands, we are kept in dark of.

Our Earth we know of is this section.

The Bible is the greatest equivocation ever IMO but truth between lines.

Does state Earth is flat under a dome.

NASA translated into Hebrew means "to deceive"

NASA confess they have to photoshop their images of round Earth get this..

Because they can't get far enough away to take a photo.

The images show the photoshopping too.

Buzz & co swearing never actually went to the moon.

And look at Antarctica "Mass" on Google Earth see the shape transition.

This again isn't my forte though, I am not well had severest most stressful year(s(s)) and I can't deal with overloads of speculation.

But Antractica is interesting though. Flights are more cunningly completely orchestrated coordinated controlled etc, Air space being most tightly regulated of all, the Illusion of this relatively miniature prison space as the only place, round floating spinning no other where to reach, is maintained through many genius mechanisms.

Lots people really into this topic, until I get there myself it's not relevant enough yet.