• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Deaths from psychedelic substances

Here's the facts:

There have been many deaths to research chemicals and they are not well understood. They work on adrenal receptors to a larger and different extent than classical psychedelics.

You don't really have to worry about ODIng from LSD, magic mushrooms or mescaline.

This is a silly thread. The total number of deaths from hallucinogens is so small especially when considering the millions and millions of times people have used them.

Lots of things have a small risk of death but we do them anyway:

Swimming
Driving
eating (especially if no one around knows the heimlich maneuver)
receiving medical care in a hospital

etc. I could list a lot more but I think the point is made already.

I think the AMT deaths in dexter's post are 5-MeO-AMT deaths. Confusing 5-MeO-AMT with AMT could be really dangerous.

I remember watching some BBC documentary on the world's most dangerous drugs and they were saying how x number of people died from CANNABIS in the last year etc. It was totally b.s. I've noticed a really obvious anti-cannabis agenda in the UK media. Unfortunately shouting at the screen doesn't seem to help either.

Here's the facts:

There have been many deaths to research chemicals and they are not well understood. They work on adrenal receptors to a larger and different extent than classical psychedelics.

You don't really have to worry about ODIng from LSD, magic mushrooms or mescaline.

Where did you get that information??? I'm sure some psychedelics have toxic effects but for the most part I think alot of them are within reasonable amounts safe and non toxic!!! I'm sure Mescaline can kill you if you ingest 10x the usual dosages, maybe not but it may in some people just like in some people 2C-T-7 can!!!

Tylenol, Benadryl, and even Water can be (and have been) lethal in high doses. That doesn't mean they should be illegal.
It does make doing research chemicals a bit more fun though, knowing you could be playing Russian roulette with a drug.

Where did you get that information??? I'm sure some psychedelics have toxic effects but for the most part I think alot of them are within reasonable amounts safe and non toxic!!! I'm sure Mescaline can kill you if you ingest 10x the usual dosages, maybe not but it may in some people just like in some people 2C-T-7 can!!!
Actually, LSD is non-lethal even in superhuman doses. It was once reported that a man injected 32mg of LSD (100-400x the normal dose) and lived. Of course, he did go into a hypertensive crisis, but he still lived with hospital assistance.
OHH HO HO HO HO.... Wow man... You just ate the most acid I've ever seen anybody take in my life.... I hope you're not busy for like a month man

Last edited:
Someone injected 32 MG of LSD !???? I find that hard to believe.

I would like to echo dinker's question, I am wondering what kind of absurd doses people have taken. I would like to eat 12 or 14 grams of shrooms one time to see what happens.

^Thats what I thought....32mg probably wouldn't kill a human; but lets not try and find out.

Hey I'm like BL STalking you IGNVS :D

^Ayes, thats kind of a given though (I also wouldn't call PMA psychedelic- a slightly MDA like stimulant in the tries I've had of it, with much too much serotonergic activity. Overall, PMA is a crap drug....

It is a given, but people wanted death reports from psychedelics, and its sort of a psychedelic, and probably the most dangerous of em all, so I figured I toss it up.

and it is a shit drug..it made me feel overheated and shitty with some visuals.

^Yeah, it always gets written up in news reports as a "hallucinogenic amphetamine". Which it sort of is :)

^Have a read through this erowid thing http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml I thought the acid dose was actually higher, but I could be wrong.

Also, lets not discuss stupid amounts of drugs we've done. Its just not appropriate. :)

Perhaps there is some way I can rephrase that would be more constructive.

I wasn't doing this to elicit a series of pointless brags from people. I brought it up because I am wondering how much I can push the limits and still have a good experience. I usually eat a lot more than most and I am wondering what the upper limit of reasonable consumption is.

PMA is def psychedelic/hallucingenic, at least as much as MDMA if not more so. So I think it, and perhaps meththioamphetamine take the prize as the most toxic and shitty psychedelics?

how about the recent deaths from mephedrone?
...and Br-Dfly

also i recall one from shrooms, but it was due to hypothermia, when the tripper took off all his clothes in freezing temps and then died due to the cold (the report wsa here on BL a few years ago)

2ct7

2ct2 (or was it 2ct21 that the parapalegic kid licked the back of?)

sorry if these were already mentioned, i didnt bother reading the thread.

phencyclidine and ketamine? Both have the ability to depress your resperation to the point of death.

I'm sure someone has died of MAOI/tryptamine mixes at some point...perhaps from not knowing about the MAOI and what it would do if mixed with <insert almost anything fun, and a good portion of not fun things here>

how about the recent deaths from mephedrone?
...and Br-Dfly

also i recall one from shrooms, but it was due to hypothermia, when the tripper took off all his clothes in freezing temps and then died due to the cold (the report wsa here on BL a few years ago)

2ct7

2ct2 (or was it 2ct21 that the parapalegic kid licked the back of?)

sorry if these were already mentioned, i didnt bother reading the thread.

Theres been more than 1 death attributed to mephedrone?

If there has been deaths from it then post the links people please!!! Also death from taking your clothes off in cold weather and then dieing from hypothermia is not from the drug itself but rather something stupid that was done while intoxicated on said drug!!!

PCP and Ketamine I left out cause those are dissociatives more then psychedelics and there known to cause death from overdosing whereas most psychedelics are unknown in this regard. If you know of a substance that has killed then post the link PLEASE!!!