• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dear Rick Ross: Drugging Her Drink For Sex Is Rape

80% of the shit rappers say is exaggeration or full-on lies. We don't attack actors who star in violent, rape-y films but treat rappers like the scum of the earth for doing the same thing. Why is this? Most entertainers have a public persona that's very different from their personal one.

At the same time, this song is disgusting and Rick Ross sucks. I know guys without fathers who look to rappers as role models and take what they say VERY seriously. People are starting to reject homophobia but still accept sexism and violence towards women, which really sucks. Idiots like Rick Ross certainly aren't helping the situation.

80% of the shit rappers say is exaggeration or full-on lies. We don't attack actors who star in violent, rape-y films but treat rappers like the scum of the earth for doing the same thing. Why is this? Most entertainers have a public persona that's very different from their personal one.

At the same time, this song is disgusting and Rick Ross sucks. I know guys without fathers who look to rappers as role models and take what they say VERY seriously. People are starting to reject homophobia but still accept sexism and violence towards women, which really sucks. Idiots like Rick Ross certainly aren't helping the situation.

I explained the difference thoroughly in my last post, but you insist on repeating what others have said.

*sigh*

i saw the word rapper in this thread

did everyone forget that this guy was mr. perfect-attendance at the prison he worked at?

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up anywhere, but the hypothetical girl wasn't given a sedative.

It's wrong to unwittingly drug someone. But if the drug has aphrodisiac qualities, is subsequent sex by the compounding pharmacist necessarily rape, or is it something less severe? Does it matter that the person is fully conscious and never loses the capacity to make decisions?

I think it is rape, but I still want to raise the question.

its not rape if someone puts mdma in your drink (think about it logically- it could only be a small amount cos it tastes foul), its simply a drug spike. what you do after that is just your behaviour on mdma which for many people is not that sexual

i get horny on it but not everyone does. some people get very lazy

being spiked is very unethical but it does happen and there is a difference between something that impairs your thinking and something that enhances clarity and stimulates you

Wow is this the first rap song some of you have listened to? They bullshit all the fucking time and I can think of plenty of songs with worse lyrics than this.

And you realize you're defending a bunch of gold diggers right? Who else would want to fuck Rick Ross?

I explained the difference thoroughly in my last post, but you insist on repeating what others have said.

*sigh*

No need to sigh over it...I was just stating my opinion, not addressing you or anyone in particular.

The fact that society pays attention to talentless hacks like RR says more about SOCIETY than the man himself. As long as there are idiots buying into the hyper-masculine American Nightmare of violence & rape culture--be it in movies, video games or music--fucktards like Rick Ross will continue to flourish.

I think its ok to listen to that kind of music as long as you understand its mostly hype.

I'm sure people who listen to rock music would like to live like rockstars but this is not reality for most of us so the music is a way to somehow relate to that.

Only rap music seems to get picked apart line by line to see if they are telling the truth 100% of the time, like its music bro it doesnt have to be real.

and for everything you hear in a rap song I'd bet 100/100 times it has happened somewhere at some point in time, just because the guy rapping didnt do it doesnt make it "fake"