• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

DEA propose to ban precursors

The DEA objective is about making the DEA bigger, richer and more powerful and that is it.
The DEA are all about optics, being seen to been be doing something. DEA did nothing about the CIA importing Heroin and coke, did nothing about Purdue and is doing nothing about Shire and Teva and the massive abuse of prescription drugs. A constitutional question, who voted for the DEA and who gave the DEA the power to write and enforce law and who are they accountable to? not the American people for damn sure.

Nothing the DEA is proposing going to impact the Mexican cartels or the Canadians making and shipping meth fentanyl etc into the US, The cartels are happy the domestic US competition is being kept down, all the while the opioid corpses stack up, the DEA gets plenty of funding and fat pensions.

This is a huge and deadly 50 year old industry, the other side of the coin is whole harm reduction treatment industrial complex, which funds this website and the associated pile of academics. Nobody in this industry wants the problem solved in a reasonable humanitarian and moral way because that would kill the golden goose.
The WoD is a classic forever war and has killed and destroyed millions. So it goes.

fwiw anything that temporarily forms an imine from meth racemizes the position, borrowing hydrogen strategies with metals are the most efficient.

I've noticed that most of these "banned" chemicals aren't actually banned, they just have restricted sales and mandatory government reporting. If you have an industry relevant business license, and are buying (relatively) small quantities, most people can order just about whatever precursor they want if they're willing to pay for it. The bigger issue is a lot of companies just flat out will not sell them to individuals, not for any solid legal reason, but it's a CYA policy.

That being said, you will go on a watch list, and depending on what kind of chemicals, and quantity, you order, you might get a knock on your door asking to know what you're using them for.

I have a friend who is a small scale farmer and got a knock on his door from the ATF for ordering nitrate fertilizer. As soon as they saw the corn and agricultural equipment, they left him alone. Obviously that visit was not drug-related.

I've noticed that most of these "banned" chemicals aren't actually banned, they just have restricted sales and mandatory government reporting. If you have an industry relevant business license, and are buying (relatively) small quantities, most people can order just about whatever precursor they want if they're willing to pay for it. The bigger issue is a lot of companies just flat out will not sell them to individuals, not for any solid legal reason, but it's a CYA policy.

That being said, you will go on a watch list, and depending on what kind of chemicals, and quantity, you order, you might get a knock on your door asking to know what you're using them for.

I have a friend who is a small scale farmer and got a knock on his door from the ATF for ordering nitrate fertilizer. As soon as they saw the corn and agricultural equipment, they left him alone. Obviously that visit was not drug-related.

But, as I noted, the Chinese will simply affix incorrect labels so piperidine is shipped as N-methyl pyrrolidine (for one example) AND they will provide piperidine dissolved in diethyl ether or THF and since both are hazardous solvents, are they EVER checked with GC-MS? I say NO. NEVER. NEVER EVER since I KNOW this trick has been used for at LEAST 30 years.

And what is more, pyrrolidine isn't controlled! So even IF they had ANY impact on PCP production whatsoever, anybody entering the game (I use the term 'game' as Eric Berne would apply the term) would simple swap piperidine for pyrrolidine and make PCPy which appears to be an order of magnitude more potent.

I mean, that their is a long-running US police joke which goes 'what's the easiest way to find a clandestine drug lab? Follow a fire truck'. Yes, OK, but the US police have been USING that joke for decades!

And so you think 'OK, we will watch cyclohexanone, I mean, that's a compound you can't substitute, right? Wrong. thian-4-one & 2-alkyl derivatives of same produce a class of NMDA antagonist that is ALSO an order of magnitude more potent than PCP. A French team wrote a HUGE article in 'The European Journal of Organic Chemistry' in which HUNDREDS of analogues were produced and tested on animals.

The MOST potent? 1-[(3S)-3-methyl-4-phenylthian-4-yl]pyrrolidine which has similar affinity values to dizocilpine i.e. sub-milligram. So their efforts have simply reduced the NUMBER of producers (possibly) although don't seem to have impacted price and availability one iota.

So, with the link below, suddenly dizocilpine becomes a reasonable target. BTW the reason dizocilpine hasn't been 'big' so far is that is has no little or no DRI activity and almost EVERYONE who says they like dissociatives ACTUALLY means they like dissociatives that are ALSO DRIs. I've tried arketamine and for me it's subjective effects were more or less identical to cocaine - it simply has a duration around x2 that of (insufused) cocaine. I hated it just as much as I hate cocaine.

Considering that we did a fair amount of research on the 1,2-diphenylethyl amine class of NMDA antagonist/DRI class i.e. diphenidine, ephenidine & isophenidine (the last of these holding the title of 'most profitable drug to produce' by some margin), I would be fairly confident in stating that adding a p-methyl moiety will vastly increase DRI activity. We produced p-Me diphenidine & p-Me isophenidine and they were TOO stimulating i.e. 40mg was EASILY enough to keep one wired for 12 hours but it still took 125mg to 'I hole'. I PRESUME that the term is understood by people. If one K-holes on K, M-holes on MXE then the same subjective effects produced by 125mg of isophenidine would, logically, be termed I-holing.

If anyone knows better, I am open to reading any decent references. All education has succeeded in doing is in increasing the number of facts I don't know.

Of course, I would be VERY cautious with ANY dizocilpine derivatives. Despite it's rarity, a number of fatalities in which only dizocilpine was found in the victim's plasma strongly suggests that it's TI is quite low. I suggest it's because it also has affinity for some subtypes of the nicotinic receptors and some of them make deadly poisons. I think that the poisoned darts used by some South American tribes to fell monkey's out of trees rely on toxicity due to affinity to nicotinic receptors. IF anyone is interested, I can find the papers that detail the actions and toxicity that each subtype produces.

The DEA objective is about making the DEA bigger, richer and more powerful and that is it.
The DEA are all about optics, being seen to been be doing something. DEA did nothing about the CIA importing Heroin and coke, did nothing about Purdue and is doing nothing about Shire and Teva and the massive abuse of prescription drugs. A constitutional question, who voted for the DEA and who gave the DEA the power to write and enforce law and who are they accountable to? not the American people for damn sure.

Nothing the DEA is proposing going to impact the Mexican cartels or the Canadians making and shipping meth fentanyl etc into the US, The cartels are happy the domestic US competition is being kept down, all the while the opioid corpses stack up, the DEA gets plenty of funding and fat pensions.

This is a huge and deadly 50 year old industry, the other side of the coin is whole harm reduction treatment industrial complex, which funds this website and the associated pile of academics. Nobody in this industry wants the problem solved in a reasonable humanitarian and moral way because that would kill the golden goose.
The WoD is a classic forever war and has killed and destroyed millions. So it goes.

fwiw anything that temporarily forms an imine from meth racemizes the position, borrowing hydrogen strategies with metals are the most efficient.

Yea none of a us in the “harm reduction treatment industrial complex” want this war to end, I make too much money off ya’ll muahaha.

-GC

I understand your observation about the law highlights a challenge that regulatory bodies face: they must strike a balance between preventing misuse of chemicals while not hindering legitimate research and applications

The DEA banning AIBN is silly. It's used as a super common radical initiator in industry and research. And if they ban it, next they have to ban benzoyl peroxide, then ban UV lights plus dye, etc. - there are a hell of a lot of radical initiators and you do not need a ton.

(also, dirty secret, there is a patent for racemizing N-alkylamphetamines by simply heating the freebase over nickel catalyst... what's next, will they ban nickel?)

Same with banning sodium borohydride or triacetoxyborohydride. Good luck. (You can make the latter from the former by using... acetic acid. Hard synthesis)

I am surprised that P2NP is supposedly still legal as are the immediate precursors to mephedrone. Strange...

> I'm still trying to figure out if you can do anything with Phenylephrine.
Bin it and go buy a real drug precursor. Phenylephrine was rushed to market because you can't do anything interesting with it, as it's not an amphetamine derivative like ephedrine & also has a pesky 3-OH. (Also it has like 2% oral BA).

They should probably pull baking soda off the shelves as well as nickel? Acetone, that shit has to go too! by golly the drugs it creates.

and yea what AlsoTapered said as well, "the chinese will simply affix different labels". This has been categorically what the "more successful "above board" sources have done. Which is super cool when you have seperate bags of like dimethocaine, nbome, 4fma, and bromazolam. Totally fun to figure it out on your own. A courtesy email would have been appreciated. (sorry I know those aren't precursors, but I feell it still applies).

The dea is out its rabbit ass mind. In my opinion; If you have took the time to learn chemistry to further your drug use, CONGRATS, you should be left alone....they catch you trafficking, fine your red handed! Obviously that isn't how they see things; again my big problem with this shit is how SUBJECTIVE it is.

If i know the rules to the game I can play. If they are different for everyone; Ill watch a couple practice matches before throwin a team jersey on.

Considering that we did a fair amount of research on the 1,2-diphenylethyl amine class of NMDA antagonist/DRI class i.e. diphenidine, ephenidine & isophenidine (the last of these holding the title of 'most profitable drug to produce' by some margin), I would be fairly confident in stating that adding a p-methyl moiety will vastly increase DRI activity. We produced p-Me diphenidine & p-Me isophenidine and they were TOO stimulating i.e. 40mg was EASILY enough to keep one wired for 12 hours but it still took 125mg to 'I hole'. I PRESUME that the term is understood by people. If one K-holes on K, M-holes on MXE then the same subjective effects produced by 125mg of isophenidine would, logically, be termed I-holing.
That sounds like what I would use as a legal stimulant at doses low enough to not cause impairment with the dissociative effect. Maybe the NMDA activity also makes the stimulant crash milder? There was an article that seemed to claim that a PCP derivative with a 4-fluoro substituent at the aromatic ring is an especially good dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but didn't tell whether it also has less NMDA affinity than other PCP derivatives.

Agonists of the dopamine D1 receptor seem to potentiate some of the effects of dizocilpine, but I'm not sure if it has to be a direct agonist or does an indirect way by dopamine reuptake inhibition also cause this:

Substances affecting the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor also modify the action of dizocilpine, but there is conflicting information about this as the beta-blocker alprenolol (which also acts as a 5-HT1A antagonist) is reported to potentiate its effects while another paper claims that a 5-HT1A blocker abolished some of the amnesia caused by dizocilpine:

There were also some papers about a combination of buspirone (the anxiolytic that no one actually seems to get any anxiety relief from) and dizocilpine but for some reason they disappeared from Google search results when I tried to find them again.

So the bottom line is that if a dissociative anesthetic affects these receptors (to one direction or the other) simultaneously, it can have an "atypical" effect where a different-than-usual set of dissociative sensory changes is more pronounced.

There were also some articles from the 1990s that seemed to say that an agonist of the glycine site of NMDA receptor potentiates the anticonvulsant effect of dissociatives while counteracting the cognitive impairment caused by them. Conversely, something that blocks the glycine site will potentiate the psychotomimetic effects. Affecting several sites of the NMDAr at the same time looks like something that can in the worst case be an even larger risk of bad trips and long-term psychotic reactions that dissociative use normally is, but the glycine site antagonists (kynurenic acid derivatives) aren't really something sold by any vendor that supplies to individuals and not only organizations. Possibly their being patented as experimental drugs also limits who can legally produce them for sale. Taking a large dose (5 grams/day) of L-tryptophan is claimed to increase brain kynurenate concentration two-fold, and this presumably has some neural effects, but testing the combined effect of this with dissociatives can be a larger risk of serotonin syndrome if the drug also affects SERT.

H3 receptor blockers also counteract the memory-impairing effects of dizocilpine:

Clearly, someone trying to develop new pharmaceuticals would prefer a compound that has the neuroprotective and antiepileptic NMDA blocker effects while not impairing cognitive performance. Someone creating a recreational drug would like a compound that produces unusual and interesting psychotomimetic effects, possibly with better recall and less amnesia of them afterwards, but with less of risk of bad trips.

Didn't a Swedish (or maybe Danish) vendor AND 5 of his customers all die because HE thought he had a bag of 2CB-Fly.... when in fact what he had was a bag of 2CB-DRAGONfly. BIG difference.

Amazingly, the Chinese vendor our guys used even sent an E-mail stating that they could and would supply piperidine AND that it would be marked as N-methyl pyrrolidine....

But I stand by my belief that the Chinese supply piperidine dissolved in diethyl ether or THF and simply label them as diethyl ether or THF,

I base this on a series of DEA photographs (they REALLY should realize we aren't dumb) in which the reaction vessels were simply the 55 gallon steel containers that the solvents arrived it. OK, someone could have removed some of the solvent to make space for the piperidine... but their appeared to be about 2 dozen of these steel vessels and 3 of them were opened and the caption reads 'PCP production caught on camera'.

The US leads the world in it's 'king of convenience' stance and the Chinese are simply BRILLLIANT at figuring out what will prove to be the least effort. This strikes me AS 'the least effort'.

BTW IMO it takes a very special kind of nut case to have over 1000 gallons of those solvent (with out without reagent) just lined up in a garage without so much as a damp tea towel for fire-fighting.

Anyone else suspect that they might be a LITTLE bit too keen on their own product.

Let us just say that they didn't seem to have an emergency plan in operation.

I have to admit that relying on costal winds to hide the odour does suggest some level of innate cunning. THAT is one thing I have seen time and time again. The people who run 'super labs' are not school teachers with terminal cancers, they are cooks. I know for sure that someone in Europe is setting up large speed labs with all of the components fabricated from stainless steel (seen almost identical setups in Belgium, France and Poland) so no markings (except for the beer barrels used as reactors) AND the PMK & Formamide delivered. They just walk the 'cooks' through the process, get handed a pile of cash and f**k off out of it.

And given that I know this, I feel pretty confident that SOMEONE is hawking this service to organized criminals throughout the Schengen area. I also know that someone in Russia with a proper, large-scale open-air lab is providing the PMK. The EMCDDA has posted much of this information but seems utterly unable to 'join the dots' which seems crazy too me.

What IS mentioned (but I cannot find) is that the Russian-made BMK contains a unique impurity. I'm kicking myself because I feel certain that if I SAID what it was, a BLer would work out what precursors were being used within the time it takes to write a post...

A little competition just to assert the fact that the chemists on BL are better than those employed by the EMCDDA... I promise I will find it if it kills me!.

That sounds like what I would use as a legal stimulant at doses low enough to not cause impairment with the dissociative effect. Maybe the NMDA activity also makes the stimulant crash milder? There was an article that seemed to claim that a PCP derivative with a 4-fluoro substituent at the aromatic ring is an especially good dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but didn't tell whether it also has less NMDA affinity than other PCP derivatives.
s.

I discovered this to be an issue with several compounds I tinkered with.

I have mentioned a few times that like ketamine and other chiral drugs, AMT is in fact 2 isomers and that those 2 isomers produce totally different effects.

As people may know, in the early 1980s someone was caught selling racemic AET as MDA because that longer alkyl chain means it has little to no 5HT2a affinity so the FIRST thing I asked the lab to do was to resolve AMT. Yet I still do not seem to be getting through to people that 1 isomer is a 5HT2a ligand while the other is a triple reuptake inhibitor. I mean, AMT was used as an antidepressant in the former Soviet Union and while no information on chiraity is available in English, I am cautiously suggesting that they WERE resolving the isomers as while tripping one's face off MAY prove to help with depression, I'm tending to believe that a long-acting triple reuptake inhibitor is more likely to prove a useful treatment for depression.

US3531573A - Antidepressant compositions and methods using alpha-ethyltryptamine

That's the index patent. Follow the references to see how they developed the 7-methyl derivative that was x10 more potent as a reuptake inhibitor. Sadly, when that alkyl chain gets longer, MAOI activity means the compounds are unusable.

BUT they do NOT mention enantiomers in ANY of the papers or patents.

I have to say that Dan had a good word for everyone at the Upjohn Drug Discovery lab EXCEPT for Jacob Szmuszkovicz who, reading between the lines, he LOATHED.

So I infer that since no US researchers ever resolved AMT, AET, 7-Me AMT or 7-Me AET.... I think a Soviet team in the 1970s DID.
I know I keep repeating the above but it just seems like nobody EVER responds - like for some reason they are able to grasp that their are 2 isomers of (meth)amphetamine and yet can't quite imagine how an alpha-alkyl tryptamine can possess exactly the same isomerism.

But back to the story - one one day I tried one isomer (I gently heated and inhaled with a view to titrating BUT using a form of parenteral administration so I would know in seconds, not hours. And indeed one of them was somewhat like MDMA (but less potent) while the other was... well, like taking AMT as it was sold on the RC market - a VERY visual psychedelic.

So I had the 7-methyl derivatives made (and it's a total pain - the aldehyde precursor simply was not available, OUR chemists took one look at the synthesis (Reaxys) and decided it was 'too hard' and so I had to use my special connect who is costly but who can produce (seemingly) anything I ask for. If a synthesis exists, they can do it. If NO synthesis exists they will propose one but add that if it fails they will still have to charge.

Their IS a paper on the synthesis so it was produced and resolved. So (R) 7-Me AMT is a costly but seemingly overlooked MDA alternative.

Earlier this year someone patented THOUSANDS of tryptamines and guess what? Racemic AET & 7-Me AET couldn't be patented BUT the chiral compounds could be. As were chiral AMT & 7-Me AMT. It just bugs me that for a decade I've been mentioning this... only for a post-grad to get THEIR name on it.

Yea none of a us in the “harm reduction treatment industrial complex” want this war to end, I make too much money off ya’ll muahaha.

-GC
May I make an observation, given the greatest harm associated with drug use is the legal harms inflicted on the user by the prohibition,
why is this website silent on legalisation and decriminalisation?
Where does the harm reduction funding come from and is not the continuation of funding contingent on maintaining the present status quo?
follow the money and you find the truth.

May I make an observation, given the greatest harm associated with drug use is the legal harms inflicted on the user by the prohibition,
why is this website silent on legalisation and decriminalisation?
Where does the harm reduction funding come from and is not the continuation of funding contingent on maintaining the present status quo?
follow the money and you find the truth.

We have an entire sub-thread on 'Politics and Current Events' which discusses these things on a very frequent basis - daily in most cases and sometimes multiple posts per day.

AlsoTapered,

Are you a real person or some kind of artificial intelligence? Asking politely.
Doesn't look like how a bot would write, unless specifically made for that purpose. Especially if you understand all that he says.

Still no 1st person reply, though.

It started posting (originally under the name, Fertile) within a week or 2 of ChatGPT's arrival IIRC.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's the reason for this, but 10 years ago or so, I also sometimes behaved as if I were "alone at the center of the stage" and didn't even address anyone directly in what I said. Nowadays I have to consciously avoid looking like that because people may believe I'm an AI. Maybe that was some kind of reaction to having gotten in trouble and facing social censure from involvement with drugs and not being able to handle that situation at all. Together with whatever mixed-type personality fuck-up I may have.

Actually drugs are not the only thing that I try to invent that the society doesn't want to be at private individuals possession. For instance, add cyclopropyl substituents or something else with positive heat of formation to a hydrazine molecule.

start.png

That type of molecule will decompose explosively when heated and the reaction products from that will probably combust in the surrounding air like the aerosol from a thermobaric bomb. The result of this is more energy release per kilogram than from a normal explosive. Lately, I have also tried to create communication methods that can't be eavesdropped by hackers or authorities. And this from the same guy who found a new apparent exact solution to a type of Helmholtz equation boundary value problem for which new ones hadn't been found since the 19th century, doing this just by guessing and hitting the correct one at first attempt. Actually got material about that published alone in a peer reviewed journal, but no one discusses that topic with me, because they could also get harassed and threatened as I am supposed to look like a drug-fucked idiot to be "the right message to younger people".

Still no 1st person reply, though.

It started posting (originally under the name, Fertile) within a week or 2 of ChatGPT's arrival IIRC.

I have received messages from dude if that means he is human. Alot of what he says flys straight over my head despite mentioning a few times I am not a chemist and his answers are very chemistry based. Maybe he thinks im playin stupid and do understand.

but yea a first person denial would go along way.

I do not think he is AI from my personal communication. I am the type that could be fooled though.

@AlsoTapered (not just about lol) Yes I do remember the 2cb 2cb-dragonfly incident. not like first hand but I heard about it.

https://bluelight.org/xf/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fswisstargetprediction.ch%2Fresults%2F1171876433%2Fstart.png&hash=45104ea91502a0b128b6fcfc55ace579

Just think about the energy due to the ring-strain in those cyclopropyl moieties.

I guess it's symmetrical dicyclopropyl hydrazine.

But it's going to require one heck of a lot of oxygen to balance. Am I right in thinking that the ring-strain generates enough heat to drive the reaction and as those rings open, the volume of the compound decreases so it 'sucks' air into it?

https://bluelight.org/xf/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fswisstargetprediction.ch%2Fresults%2F1171876433%2Fstart.png&hash=45104ea91502a0b128b6fcfc55ace579

Just think about the energy due to the ring-strain in those cyclopropyl moieties.

I guess it's symmetrical dicyclopropyl hydrazine.

But it's going to require one heck of a lot of oxygen to balance. Am I right in thinking that the ring-strain generates enough heat to drive the reaction and as those rings open, the volume of the compound decreases so it 'sucks' air into it?
Yes it's that ring strain what gives cyclopropane its plus signed enthalpy of formation. Hydrazine itself does explode if heated enough and the temperature increase is likely to be enough to ignite the hydrogen gas released in that. I added those cyclopropyl groups there just to have a larger fraction of decomposition products other than nitrogen (which obviously doesn't burn).

A problem with this is that the decomposition products will probably not combust completely, as there is no complete mixing with ambient air before ignition. The completeness of oxidation depends on the size of the explosive charge and whether it ignited mid-air or with obstacles nearby, I think.

Tetraethynylethene is one example of a hydrocarbon that is unstable enough to actually explode from heating or mechanical shock, and the products from that will be mostly carbon dust if I'm correct (that can also cause a dust explosion). Another compound releasing carbon dust when it explodes is copper acetylide. But you'd need to make a very small amount explode in a bomb calorimeter to find out how completely it reacts further to become carbon dioxide.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not planning any kind of terrorist attack, just trying to be the first to invent something to not seem useless like some people try to make me look like.

The critique you're leveling at the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) is one that has been expressed by various critics, scholars, and activists who question the effectiveness and goals of the agency, especially within the broader context of the War on Drugs (WoD). There are several points you're touching on here, so let's unpack them:

Effectiveness and Goals:​

1. Inter-Agency Cooperation: Critics question why the DEA seems to have turned a blind eye to alleged illicit activities by other government organizations, like the CIA's rumored involvement in drug trafficking.
  2. Pharmaceutical Companies: As you mentioned, critics argue that the DEA hasn't done enough to regulate and act against pharmaceutical companies like Purdue Pharma that have contributed to the opioid crisis.
  3. Accountability: The DEA operates under the U.S. Department of Justice, but critics wonder if the agency is effectively held accountable by the American public or any democratic institutions.

Impact:​

1. Cartels: Despite the DEA's efforts, drug cartels continue to operate, and some argue that U.S. policies have in some ways empowered rather than dismantled these organizations.
  2. Harm Reduction: Some critics question the DEA's stance on harm reduction policies, which are aimed at minimizing the public health impact of drug use rather than focusing solely on criminalization.

Financial Interests:​

1. Funding and Pensions: Critics claim the DEA is more interested in securing its own funding than in effectively combating drug abuse and trafficking.
  2. Harm Reduction Industry: You also point out that there's an industry built around harm reduction and treatment that financially benefits from the ongoing drug crisis.

Moral and Humanitarian Aspect:​

1. War on Drugs: The human cost of the War on Drugs is immense, affecting millions of lives through imprisonment, violence, and social disruption. Critics argue that a more humane and effective approach is needed.
While these criticisms are voiced by various stakeholders, it's important to note that the DEA would likely contest many of these points, arguing that they do play a crucial role in drug enforcement and public safety. Nonetheless, the topics you bring up are part of an important debate about drug policy, law enforcement, and public health in the United States.

Note: The last part of your message seems to be referring to the chemical aspects of drug production and usage, which is a different but also important topic.

A problem with this is that the decomposition products will probably not combust completely, as there is no complete mixing with ambient air before ignition. The completeness of oxidation depends on the size of the explosive charge and whether it ignited mid-air or with obstacles nearby, I think.

Tetraethynylethene is one example of a hydrocarbon that is unstable enough to actually explode from heating or mechanical shock, and the products from that will be mostly carbon dust if I'm correct (that can also cause a dust explosion). Another compound releasing carbon dust when it explodes is copper acetylide. But you'd need to make a very small amount explode in a bomb calorimeter to find out how completely it reacts further to become carbon dioxide.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not planning any kind of terrorist attack, just trying to be the first to invent something to not seem useless like some people try to make me look like.

Sure, you will certainly wind up with CO, not CO2. BUT CO burns and I was under the impression that the theory behind thermobaric weapons was that they produce a longer pulse of energy (mostly heat). The hydrazine will wind up as nitrogen and bond-formation will yield energy and hydrogen which will produce energy as it burns.

That's why I suggested it would need a lot of oxygen but noted that the fragments would decrease in volume drawing in more oxidant i.e. oxygen.