• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Day 8 of MS Contin/Oxy Detox using short term subs

Spreading out time between dosage (progressively widening from 12 hours onward by increments of 4 hours) is a very good idea, as it can, coupled with a (significantly slowed down, in theory there will be a objectively, calculable maximally effective way to do this, but I'm not up for doing the math at the moment ... maybe for later, for reference, but the best thing will be to do it in very small increments according to your comfort level) tapering of the actual dose, is equivalent to a faster taper of the dose and possibly later.

Thanks SKL, that makes a lot of sense. I'm doing every 24 hours right now with this being my 2nd skip day so far in the process. I will do the math for your plan if I'm unable to jump. I didn't feel great yesterday, even with a .125 dose, so I'm gonna give jumping a try. I'm freezing and have some sweats and little energy...nothing horrible though. Took a 1 mg Ativan last nite and slept from 10-3:30, it helped with my legs and anxiety. Thanks so much for your advice.

Today is day 2 without subs. The chills and cold sweats are bothersome and I have the runny nose, sneezing and lack of energy, but surprisingly, my mind is positive. I know I could cut my dose down even more and move slower, but I'm going to try to keep going without. Small doses of neurontin seem to help with sleep and my legs feel fine. I'm hoping this will be it. I'm hitting meetings, but I haven't had the energy to work out for the past 2 days. I haven't ruled out a tiny rescue dose if things get bad. Hope you are all doing well. Thanks for the support.

Day 3 off suboxone, day 24 off DOC. Not feeling great - chills, sneezes, sweats, some weakness. I'm going to keep riding it out. Just going to keep thinking about a life of freedom.

If your run is like mine expect relief of physical symptoms in another 2-3 days. The postacute stuff is rougher. But all things in due time. It's doable. I got a solid 2 1/2 years off all opiates after tapering suboxone although I'm back on bupe after another run with dope (our hobby is often cyclical.) But best wishes for you it sounds like you have the will to go for this long term.