• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Day 8 of MS Contin/Oxy Detox using short term subs

Off with the cuffs

Greenlighter
After a 13 year battle with incredibly high doses of OxyContin, IR morphine and MS Contin, I was able to get clean in 2008. I went to detox for 2 weeks, but battled 6 months of withdrawals. With the help of NA and my new clean friends, I was able to get a life back. I lost my soul over those years and wasn't even able to look myself in the eye anymore. Fast forward to 2015...I had a bike accident and was given IV morphine at the ER. I immediately felt that old familiar love of opiates. I was discharged with Percs, and the rest is history. For the past year I've been using and have tried to taper and stop several times, without success...not to mention, my shame of losing my 7 years of clean time. I do still attend meetings though. I planned on going back into detox and found many of them use short term suboxone as a tool for getting over the withdrawals. A friend, who is on suboxone offered to give me 3, 8 mg films and I've been going from there (after much research) This is where I am right now, and I'm feeling very well, with minor withdrawals.
I waited 52 hours to induct, until I was about a 24 on the COWS scale. I inducted at 2 mg with success.

4/26 2 mg
4/27 1 mg (had some withdrawals)
4/28 1.5 mg
4/29 1.5 mg
4/30 1.25 mg
5/1 1mg mg
5/2 0.75 mg
5/3 0.75 mg

I plan to go 14 days, down to 0.125, skipping days at the end. So far so good. I'm also attending NA meetings.

If you're tolerating the above so far, sounds perfect, except if you feel like you have to go slower, you may have to. The worst few hundreds of mcgs will be the hardest. I'd recommend making an alcoholic solution (this also increases absorption) and using an eyedropper. Going every other day at the end is also a very good idea as bupe's T1/2 is sufficient to cover you and you are also effectively decreasing your dose. You could skip a day and then use the eyedropper to taper up to the minimally tolerable dose, and then go down from there and so on.

It's really hard to cut the strips so small, your advice sounds a lot easier. I will definitely go slower if I start to have bad withdrawal symptoms, but am hoping to get it done in about 14 days. I do want to be successful however, so I'm not going to rush it. I'm also working out and that seems to help a lot, as well as the meetings. Thanks for the encouragement SKL. I can't wait to be free again.

Day 9. Tapered down to 0.5mg sub. No problems yet, other than a runny nose and an occasional chill. I'm looking forward to being done with this, so I can get on with my life. I went to a meeting today and will hopefully workout later. Those things really seem to help keep my mind right.

Day 10. Staying at 0.5 mg sub. Very chilled today, with a runny nose. Legs started hurting about 20 hours after yesterdays dose. Nothing too bad though. Decided to stay at 0.5 today and drop tomorrow. I hit an NA meeting last night and that really helped with the mind f***. I just really want to be clean again.

Day 12 on suboxone taper for morphine and oxy withdrawal. I dropped down to 0.25 mg yesterday and stayed there today. It worked very well for about 18 hours, and then the leg pain, runny nose and slight anxiety started. I took my dose an hour early today and have felt fine ever since. I plan to stay on that dose tomorrow, and hopefully stabilize there before I drop to 0.125mg. From what I've been reading, the lower you go, the easier the jump. Hoping, that will be my last drop and I'll start skipping days and then jump. I really did not want to be on bupe for more than 2 weeks, but it looks like I'll need a few extra days. A friend of mine offered me 5 blues today and I was so surprised that I had no desire for them. I've had no cravings the whole time. I think the NA meetings help though.

I guess this is kind of like a diary for me. Not sure if anyone is reading this, but hopefully, my experience will be able to help someone else. I read hundreds of posts on this subject before coming up with my own plan. I tried so hard to taper down with MS Contin. I would do great for a week and then reward myself with a huge dose and get super high. I was incapable of doing it. So far I have had no desire to do more bupe - it does not make me crave more. I'm so grateful for that.

Day 13 of taper. Took 0.25mg for the third day in a row. Was very chilled and had little energy until about an hour after my dose - Then I felt fine. Weird that it took so long to kick in. I hope I can cut down tomorrow to 0.125.

+1. the last few hundreds of mics are a bitch but it's doable. if you need some kind of antidepressant or anxiety med, seek it out. there's no shame in that. but you're on your way to zero. don't expect it to be painless but you can do it. I have, many have. meditate, pray, whatever is your thing, add additional meds if you need, you can beat this thing.

OP what roa are you using? SL, can take 2-3 hours, to feel effects. Also when I start getting into the low microgram range, and it becomes hard to split the strip, I lengthen the time between doses, rather than trying to cut this small ass strip into a sliver..

Also don't feel like youve "lost" those 7 years of sobriety, youve already accomplished that, its in the books, and there's nothing you, or anyone else can do to take that away. It was only a battle in a lifetime war. Good on you for getting your shit.together. Addicts get the worst condescending treatment, but imo, we're some of the strongest people out there. Most layman couldnt walk a mile in our shoes, without begging for reprieve!

Keep us updated bud!

- SS373dOH Soul

i took suboxone a little over a half i have been sweating alot i took too early what do i do

^ are you in precipitated withdrawal? In that case continue to up your dose of bupe by 1-2mg an hour until symptoms recede. After a day or probably max two (*unless withdrawing from a very long acting opioid such as methadone) taper down rapidly to an ordinary therapeutic dose (or off entirely.)

i been on opiate i took suboxone a half and half sweated real bad how long do i wait to take more been on opiates like 6 months not sure how too answer replys how do u answer replys on here

not exactly sure what you are asking

first thing you have to do is start a new thread for your question/issue just click here to get going with that. try and summarize your situation in a little more detail.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I'm on day 20 of my taper. I skipped my dose yesterday - was on .1875mg for 3 days before that after cutting down for .25. I'm not gonna lie, yesterday was a bit rough - chills, sweats, leg aches and lack of energy. I took .1875mg today and am going to try to skip again tomorrow. Then I plan to take .125mg and jump. I've been going to meetings and working out, it seems to help a ton. I feel fine today.

Sorry That happened to you Dummy, PW was a big fear of mine. Hope you're feeling better.

After I jump, I'm planning to take a low dose of neurontin for a few days. I hear it can help with the cold sweats. I also have some Ativan that I've never taken, so if sleep becomes a problem I can use that for a couple days as well.

^ I would try skipping multiple days before you try to jump.

- Hopeless Soul