• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Day 7 Opioid Free - WTF helps with RLS

Nznity - thank you. I might try that if I'm at my breaking point.

Thanks, Cody. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. If I think past that I spiral.

Thank you everyone for the continued support. Its honestly what keeps me going.

I wanted to update on how my night went. I took 1000 mg of magnesium, 50 mg of hydroxyzine and 50 mg of diphenhydramine along with a hot shower and I don't even remember falling asleep. I dreamt all night very vividly but I cannot tell you how happy I was when I finally woke to see the sun and not watch it rise. I feel more refreshed and have a little more energy.

I wanted to update on how my night went. I took 1000 mg of magnesium, 50 mg of hydroxyzine and 50 mg of diphenhydramine along with a hot shower and I don't even remember falling asleep. I dreamt all night very vividly but I cannot tell you how happy I was when I finally woke to see the sun and not watch it rise. I feel more refreshed and have a little more energy.
u don't really have to be at a breaking point man, loperamide is mad cheap and it helps so much with diarrhea, body aches, sleep, RLS, seriously it's a must to detox.

u don't really have to be at a breaking point man, loperamide is mad cheap and it helps so much with diarrhea, body aches, sleep, RLS, seriously it's a must to detox.
Yes. Loperamide aka Immodium literally is an opioid. It just doesn't cross the brain-blood barrier. So as far as guts, legs, etc, are concerned, you aren't even withdrawing. Walmart in the US has ceased selling bulk generic (Equate) loperamide pills, I think because junkies were stealing them off the shelves. As far as magnesium, a whole Big and Dandy thread could be written about different magnesium supplements, but just don't go cheap with mag. oxide or citrate, which can cause diarrhea by themselves, so after taking during withdrawals, you might be pissing brown liquid from your ass for a while. (Sorry, but this seems appropriately graphic here) Get more expensive brands, it's worthwhile. As I suggested, there's easily an encyclopia article's worth material to write about different types of magnesium, but just know that spending a little extra is a good idea!

RLS was the bit that would break me for some reason. well done for reaching out for help to try to tolerate it rather than taking the easy route.

Same. RLS is the one withdrawal symptom I simply can't tolerate.

As of yesterday the RLS seems to have faded to near nothing. Just get randomly uncomfortable early in the morning until I get out of bed.

Currently what plagues me is the unrelenting anxiety/panic and dysphoric disposition. Trying to keep an exercise/activity regimen to help. I'm hoping this ends soon.

that panic/anxiety hung on for over a month. that can be the hardest to overcome. it's like shit if i had a pill i could stop the anxiety so it's tough that's for sure. shit it's hardly worth going back though right! so much suffering. you'll beat er

that panic/anxiety hung on for over a month. that can be the hardest to overcome. it's like shit if i had a pill i could stop the anxiety so it's tough that's for sure. shit it's hardly worth going back though right! so much suffering. you'll beat er

It really is. I'm an anxious person overall so any increase and I feel like I'm losing it. But you are right, it's not worth doing that shit again. I want to experience raising my kid without having to rely on something to enjoy it.

Some days are better than others but everyday brings me closer to "normalcy", whatever that may look like, and that makes me feel a little better.

It really is. I'm an anxious person overall so any increase and I feel like I'm losing it. But you are right, it's not worth doing that shit again. I want to experience raising my kid without having to rely on something to enjoy it.

Some days are better than others but everyday brings me closer to "normalcy", whatever that may look like, and that makes me feel a little better.
having something to keep you focused (kids) helps a lot. i know where your coming from. only people detoxing from drugs know the meaning of some days are better than others in the way your talking haha. things get better pretty quick. it feels so slow but looking back on the time spent feeling like shit you realize how fast it actually passes

yawns were always the first symptom of ed that u noticed haha. hated yawning every couple of minutes. do you get the sneezing??
i've stopped sneezing like 3 days ago but i'm still yawning and tearing every now and then. Insomnia is bad aswel.

I am on day 7 with no vicodin. Most of the physical symptoms have abated except for the random bouts of fatigue and this fucking RLS! It's driving me crazy!! I think more so now than in the early stages cause I have more energy.

Any advice?
I don't have an answer to your question but I just want to say I envy you (also salute you) for being on day 7. I'm on hour 31 of my pain killer detox and fear the worst is yet to come. Can't wait until I can say I'm on day 7 but right now it feels like an eternity away. Any advice?

I don't have an answer to your question but I just want to say I envy you (also salute you) for being on day 7. I'm on hour 31 of my pain killer detox and fear the worst is yet to come. Can't wait until I can say I'm on day 7 but right now it feels like an eternity away. Any advice?

You'll get there! I didn't think I would be able to in the beginning and I fought with myself alot on whether to give up or not but I'm so glad I stuck it out and you will too.

Do you have any access to any comfort meds?

I took Klonopin and gabapentin for the first 3-6 days which got me over the hump.
If you can get some type of benzo that will help alot with sleep, anxiety, and the bed to move. Or gabapentin, but only take them for no more than a week or you could wd from those as well.

The second and third days were the worst for me. After the third day the symptoms weren't as severe.

having something to keep you focused (kids) helps a lot. i know where your coming from. only people detoxing from drugs know the meaning of some days are better than others in the way your talking haha. things get better pretty quick. it feels so slow but looking back on the time spent feeling like shit you realize how fast it actually passes

You're right, each day just feels so damn long lol.
I ended up telling my wife after the 4th day when I hadnt slept and was super emotional. Surprisingly, she wasn't mad or gave me a hard time. She was really helpful and supportive and basically took over taking care of the baby for a few days after. I felt like I could focus on myself and had a space to feel like shit. Hiding it was next to impossible.

I also wish my brain fog would go away. My thoughts feel mix matched, if that makes sense lol

You'll get there! I didn't think I would be able to in the beginning and I fought with myself alot on whether to give up or not but I'm so glad I stuck it out and you will too.

Do you have any access to any comfort meds?

I took Klonopin and gabapentin for the first 3-6 days which got me over the hump.
If you can get some type of benzo that will help alot with sleep, anxiety, and the bed to move. Or gabapentin, but only take them for no more than a week or you could wd from those as well.

The second and third days were the worst for me. After the third day the symptoms weren't as severe.
I have 1 klonopin but am extremely sensitive to them to where taking a piece of one will knock me out so I plan to keep it for if things get bad. I'm pregnant which is why I'm detoxing so want to avoid even taking that or anything else if I can. Thanks for the reply and for the punch in the gut reminding me I haven't reached the worst of it yet LOL. I needed to hear it though!

Congratulations on the new baby. I had my first one 10 months ago and she's a handful lol.

That's a good thought to have. For me they peaked at about 36 hours and came in waves, so to speak. I would have moments of strength and reminded myself why I'm doing this. The symptoms were much more manageable at day 4. You'll still be fatigued but everything else wasn't as bad as the previous days. Take lots of hot showers, they really do help with the RLS and might relax you as people have mentioned in previous comments.
You are about half way through the worst of it.

If you do take the Klonopin then I'd cut it into 4ths. That's what I did. And try to avoid caffeine, it always made me more anxious.

Congratulations on the new baby. I had my first one 10 months ago and she's a handful lol.

That's a good thought to have. For me they peaked at about 36 hours and came in waves, so to speak. I would have moments of strength and reminded myself why I'm doing this. The symptoms were much more manageable at day 4. You'll still be fatigued but everything else wasn't as bad as the previous days. Take lots of hot showers, they really do help with the RLS and might relax you as people have mentioned in previous comments.
You are about half way through the worst of it.

If you do take the Klonopin then I'd cut it into 4ths. That's what I did. And try to avoid caffeine, it always made me more anxious.
Yep had a great big frap from Starbucks today and felt like I had overloaded on uppers (and not in a good way). Won't make that mistake again.

I wait tables and have to work tomorrow. Any advice on getting through my shift?

"You are about half way through the worst of it" You have NO IDEA how comforting it was reading those words. Thank you!