• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Day 7 Opioid Free - WTF helps with RLS

Yep had a great big frap from Starbucks today and felt like I had overloaded on uppers (and not in a good way). Won't make that mistake again.

I wait tables and have to work tomorrow. Any advice on getting through my shift?

"You are about half way through the worst of it" You have NO IDEA how comforting it was reading those words. Thank you!

You're doing great!

I'm not sure which opiates you used but in the past I've used codeine (much less potent than Vicodin, my DOC) to go to work. It helped me greatly. If you can't get some try loperamide (immodium). I've had several people recommend it to me. It's an opiate as well but only works in the gut. Stay hydrated and be sure to eat. It may not seem like it but being hungry/malnourished and dehydrated makes it 10x worse. And set small goals for yourself. I used to take it hour by hour at work. I just kept telling myself, "get through the next hour and you'll be ok." And maybe request a small section so it's not so much to handle.

And if it gets too bad, I would fake morning sickness lol (joking, but kinda not) 😂

You're doing great!

I'm not sure which opiates you used but in the past I've used codeine (much less potent than Vicodin, my DOC) to go to work. It helped me greatly. If you can't get some try loperamide (immodium). I've had several people recommend it to me. It's an opiate as well but only works in the gut. Stay hydrated and be sure to eat. It may not seem like it but being hungry/malnourished and dehydrated makes it 10x worse. And set small goals for yourself. I used to take it hour by hour at work. I just kept telling myself, "get through the next hour and you'll be ok." And maybe request a small section so it's not so much to handle.

And if it gets too bad, I would fake morning sickness lol (joking, but kinda not) 😂
That last sentence is my exact thoughts 🤣🤣 hate to lie but its better than saying hey um I'm coming down off opiates can I go home? 🤣

And i was using oxycodone orally. About 100 mg a day for the last year. Tried to taper myself the last month and got down to about an average of 40 mg the last week or so with my last daily dose being 25.

You're doing great!

Also, I have loperamide. How much should I take?

Also, I have loperamide. How much should I take?

Lol exactly, it's better than admitting the real reason.

I've taken oxy a few times, I still preferred Vicodin. It would make me sooo sleepy and I'd nod hardcore lol

Ok, I don't think the lope is the best idea. I just googled potential effects on pregnancy (which i should've done prior to suggesting it. I'm so sorry) and it is not recommended unless "the benefit outweighs the risk". Plainly said, there's a small chance of effecting the baby.

Lol exactly, it's better than admitting the real reason.

I've taken oxy a few times, I still preferred Vicodin. It would make me sooo sleepy and I'd nod hardcore lol

Ok, I don't think the lope is the best idea. I just googled potential effects on pregnancy (which i should've done prior to suggesting it. I'm so sorry) and it is not recommended unless "the benefit outweighs the risk". Plainly said, there's a small chance of effecting the baby.
That was kind of you to do. Thanks

...or Magnesium/Magnesium Sulfate if you prefer not to swap one drug for another > https://www.healthline.com/health/r...s that certain,to contribute to the condition.

Of course I offer this without knowing your history or current condition as well as I possibly might.

If you prefer the all-natural route you could try (assuming you have no allergies) dried figs, avocados, guavas, bananas, kiwi fruit, papayas, blackberries, raspberries, cantaloupes, and grapefruit > https://www.myfooddata.com/articles...are high in fiber,for magnesium 420mg per day.

I think so, but kratom has it's own withdrawal after a few days taking it too.
surprisingly I don't get that as bad as when I coming off any oxy or now hydromorphine for the small time I have the shields
I take a kratom about 5-6 hours after a couple hydromorphines and I can extend the WD for another 6 hours with taking another opiate, im in the process of cutting down from an extreme amount

Magnesium glycinate and black seed oil. Anyone going through it can thank me later. Don't try to take diphenhydramine to sleep, I've made this mistake. It's just going to multiply your RLS by 10. You'll have restless entire body at that rate. Magnesium glycinate can be intensely sedating for some, black seed oil tickles the mu-opioid receptor and also has some sedative qualities. Kratom certainly is fine to use but that's an easy traded addiction, I think you'd need to be coming off H or something for that to be worth it.

If you did take the lopermide/immodium route, tagamet/cimetidine makes it cross the blood brain barrier significantly more to the point where it's basically like taking some codeine or something. Some people abuse these on purpose just because it's such a cheap way to get high with OTC stuff. Some of these people grow manboobs after awhile from the tagamet though... have read some stories and even knew a guy who'd been doing this trying to come off 60mg of oxy a day.

I've heard that magnesium helps, but I never really tried it. What helps me is to lie down with my legs sort of twisted around each other tightly. That seems to relieve the "antsy" feeling that keeps me awake.

Whatever you do, don't take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to fall asleep. That stuff gives me horrible RLS.

Other than that: time. Stay clean and eventually it'll be a distant memory.

Best Wishes,
Dreamflyer