• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Day 5 after bad acid trip

Nsquillace1

Greenlighter
So day 5 after my bad acid trip and I wake up at 3 in the morning with my head feeling hot and tingly and my body temperature was high even tho the air condition is on in my room. My mind has been going through alot as if id never be the same again and at times I love how I feel but then at times I hate it and want it to all go away and panic. Each day is getting progressively better but getting no sleep really pissed me off. I've suffered from depression and anxiety before taking acid. Never proffesionally diagnosed but i thought it was pretty obvious.ive always ignored it tho and kept moving on with life. those problems and thoughts seem more apparent now. I was always a thinker and was always quiet. Never talked to my parents about life and always suffered socially I've always kept to myself but I always had a "silly" attitude and smoked alot of weed to help me forget about my problems at times I thought I was insane and now after my bad trip that thought seems more true. As if there is no going back to my silly self that ignored all my problems. Work is getting annoying because the past couple days in new Jersey have been extremely hot and I work outside. I really don't plan on being like this forever but what do u guys think I should do. I really just want help on sleeping so my brain can rest and help forget I also always used to love sleeping and was always tired and could sleep for the whole day if I wanted to. Now I can't seem to even get tired even after a restless night

Last edited:
This is what LSD does, it won't let you ignore yourself. From my perspective there are a number of routes to go down to, but considering this is a harm reduction forum I will only discuss one.

If you do find a way that helps you forget yourself, you will probably feel fine in doing so on the short term. However, there will come a time when the methods you picked to enable you to do so will no longer work and you'll be again faced with not-forgetting. At that point you either have to find new ways and hope to happily live on to have these types of 'remissions' every now and then. What might be a more effective approach, is actually deal with yourself. This is hard, at least for most of us. And I'll tell you that asking for help to do so is not something you should avoid.

Now, it is only relatively short after your hard experience, and as you've said you're getting progressively better, so you might just want to give it another couple of days. On the other hand, you could also consider your acid fuelled trip a wake-up call and start working on yourself.

It was also only my first time doing acid. Is it possible for things to go so wrong even after the first time

LSD trips can be really hard to predict and these types of experiences could catch you on surprise, so yes, also on the first time.

You need to realize it is all in your head. The acid just helped you realize things in a new perspective. The anxiety is you thinking too much about the thought of being stuck forever because of eating acid. It is all bullshit, you will not be like this forever. You are working yourself up though, probably due to some psycho-babble bullshit you read online, because you ate acid for the first time and think it could possibly ruin you for life.

The insomnia you are experiencing is probably due to the anxiety you have. Slow yourself down and realize you will be fine and will not be stuck forever. Infact it is all over by now and due to your worrying over it you seem to have brought on some real shitty anxiety that is causing everything you are experiencing. If possible find some sort of benzo and eat one and relax. Weed will most likely not help and chsnces are it will make yiur anxiety worse and oossibky cause a panic attack, so i suggest staying away from it for awhile.

So do yourself a huge favor and realize you wjll be fine and you are just overthinking some bullshit you probably read and, worrying because of anxiety you are having because you ate acid and had a bad trip (that is now over but since you think you could be stuck forever you still have the anxiety). No need to worry though, you will be fine!

I also have some bad anxiety and depression and have eaten mass amounts of lsd and have gotten weird plenty of times and i have personally found, even though ive had tons and tons of bad trips that have scared me sideways, that acid has helped me with my depression actually and my anxiety which is fucking horrible has not been permenently made worse or better.

So once again i will repeat myself so even if you skim my crazy 5 am and high as fuck post you will see it one way or another. Calm the hell down, you will be fine, you will not be stick forever, you just have some worked up anxiety for no reason becsuse you are overthinking this. Find some benzos and relax, or eat a decent sleeping pill at night, in my opinion seroquel are the best whenanxiety is giving you insomnia, and get some decent sleep. Everything will be alright and the drugs are already out of you even though you think they arent and the anxiety from overthinking is causing your issues.

Lots of text walls, sorry, too tired and high to fix. Probably wrote the same shit in each wall of text. Oh well, you will get my point i hope. CALM DOWN!!!!!!! YOU ARE FINE!!!! Now goodnight, i am going to catch a nod.

First of all, iff your acid tasted bitter you might have not gotten LSD and that would explain why you suffer anxiety, you see bitter blotters are not LSD they are usually 25I-NBOMe which sometimes gives a hangover-like experiance, it is also more confusing than LSD(which tastes nothing at all) , I have tried 25B-NBOMe as a first psychedelic ever, I also took 3 times the recommended dose due to seller's miscalculation (got lucky the 25B is less lethal so I didnt die, I could have ) I had a really horrifying experiance but when I look at it now after over 50 tryptamine trips and 5 REAL LSD trips I can say that those drugs are fake psychedelics and to my experiance are more efficient in creating anxiety than treating it opposed to Tryptamines and LSD which are healers.

So Bitter blotter its normal you feel overstimulated for a week or so, but its not going to be lasting long, If its real LSD , the worst you can experiment is exactly what the guy under my comment said, the anxiety that comes from being unexperianced with bad trips and psychedelics while having most uninformed people tell you that it can make you fucked up for you whole life. IT IS NOT TRUE.
ANY psychedelics even the worst ones when taken at normal dose (under LD50) are only causing short term bad effect which I think is caused by a rise in norepinephrine(neurotransmitter mostly related to stress when being present in excess).
As for good psychedelics (usually indole shaped) cause good permanent effects (spiritual awakening, self acceptance, and even lower need for drug use to be happy) while the bad ones ONLY last the duration of the trip (panic and confusion).

Those drugs are not messing with your body specifically, they are reaching the more profound of what you consider you and make it come out of its comfort zone and when it wears of you are left in an uncomfortable zone and have to build a bigger one to reach comfort.

So to resume if it tasted bitter wait a few days and try to calm down psychologically, and if it did not taste a thing just try thinking about why you are anxious after being told that it is impossible to be badly physiologically affected after an LSD trip the reason of your anxiety might be a source of healing. When we know why we are in pain, we have the 1rst step done on the road of healing.

Hope you get better fast and you will not close yourself to psychedelics because of this bad experiance, I would say just be a little more informed and careful about what you take and what dose you take. (mushrooms are awsome for psychological healing, after the trip cuz during its mostly confusing the first 20 times, after this its litterally enlightening, it made me understand what I consider the best of myself and how to achieve it.)

I know why I'm being anxious after being told nothing bad can happenot it's because I don't think that's true. I have a problem of accepting the truth no matter how bad it hurts and I've seen in tons of proffesional sites that acid can fuck you up for life if you have mental disabilities. And the tab did not taste bitter. I feel alot better today. The heat isn't bothering me as much and the sky and trees don't look as weird as I thought they did the past couple days. It's just I can't keep my mind off the fact that i wont be the same. Idk why. It's like I forgot how my brain was before I did acid and now I just have that one thought of being fucked up logged deep in the back of my head and my thoughts are just stuck to it. Like I'm acting different infront of my friends and family and at work. And I keep misreading things or forgetting stuff like my phone in the bathroom witch I never do and tripping over stuff. Just not right, idk

After I took LSD for the first time, I felt weird for ages .... But now over 20 years later I definitely think the experience (um and many subsequent experiences) enriched my life massively.

There are many positives to having had taken LSD so look on the bright side yeah!?! :)

Guys it's getting worse and it's hard to accept the change. Like I can snap back into reality for I'm doing something but it's effecting my work like I can't concentrate. Always messing up shit. And feel like I'm going insane. My anxiety is going crazy I've never felt anxiety like this. Should I tell my parents and go to the hospital ?

I've done acid and my trip was Great . My tripping partner that day had a bad trip as soon as his ride home bailed on him. He walked 20 miles pissed off and anxious and all that because one negative event turned the tide of his trip. In rehab my only time in a rehab the one guy said the only time u can have a real acid flashback is from a bad trip which I think u had. Because ur a downer with depression and shy feelings to begin with and the acid amplified that in ur mind... Honestly I think the only way to feel better now is a good opiate wbich I dont know if I should say in harm reduction but I think the ends justify the means. Any other drug will just make things worse in my opinion... Heroin would work best

No dont go to the hospital they will check ur condition which is good but might send u to psyciatric for weeks or months which will be horrible

Well I mean maybe you should go to the hospital they know how to fix you better than me but I think a good opiate well help allot and the hospital won't let you have that most likely because they see drug use as one bad thing as a whole so I think it's a real possibility you will be sent to apsyc facility which is not fun

Last edited:
Telling your parents isn't such a bad idea ..you'd probably be surprised how understanding they are..

You don't need to go to hospital as there's nothing wrong with you physically.

If you're that worried then go see your doctor in the morning and tell the truth. (and if you must take something to sleep then get an antihistamine like diphenhydramine rather than a benzo ...definitely not any opiates!)

But I think it's more than likely it will pass in the coming days.... If it was me I'd hang in there a bit longer ....but of course I don't know how bad it is....

Is it possible I just need sleep i haven't had a good night sleep since I had the bad trip. Should I call off work cuz for like a week cuz I feel so uncomfortable at work and maybe just stay home where I feel comfertable to pull myself together ?

LSD altered your reality and it changed the angle you used to look at reality, you can either fight it (like you are doing now) and mabe you will come back exactly how you were but LSD isnt something that make you see the world in a bad way, usually it makes your brain fight to get stable, so if you fight the fight your brain is doing then you are hitting yourself. My best advice is go with the flow, accept what LSD did to you and change into what you want to be not how you were. Coming back is regressing, you have the chance to reborn do you want to take it and make the best of the fact that you are more inclined into changing psychologically like you want to.

I think your anxiety is bad because you make it bad, you have more power on what you feel and dont know how to control it. Chose to feel something else let yourself being inspired by things you see to make your own opinion on how you should feel in daytime. As for cognitive changes, you have more power on that too, if you feel like what you do is useless then make yourself understand it is useful by logical thinking.
Ex: why am I doing homeworks, to get good grades. Why do I want good grades, because it will lead me to more success in my work. Why do I want success in my work, because it will make me proud and get money to do what I like.

You can push that kind of thinking on everything you do to make sure you are doing things for a good reason, and once its confirmed you will have more chance to success.
It is like LSD make you more flexible but if you dont know how to control it you will make yourself distracted and anxious like you are right now. Make sure you gain control over yourself and everything will be better. What you were isnt important. What you want to be in the most profound part of yourself is. Use that uncertainty and turn it into confidence and energy. You can do it.

I would add that you don't seem delirous or delusional which is a BIG sign that you are not the kind of person with genetic predispositon to schizophrenia or other delusional mental issues. I am not a psychiatrist but I have seen 4 for anxiety and I have done TONS of researches on how the brain works and how it relates to drugs and mental issues and I can confirm to you that in my opinion you will not be in the small amount of people that can get fucked with LSD (BTW it doesnt create the illness it just activate it prematurely).

Don't be affraid that you are in an unchangeable position, infact you have more ability to change yourself than you ever did. Just do it to feel better not worst.

When I was 15 I had the same problem that you have and had developped a HPPD (constant hallucinations that do not alter reality, like pixels in a tv forming fractalesque forms) I was worried that I would have it for life, and I do but I came to understand that it is not bad it is a way my brain is processing what it can't understand. I also thought I was stuck like in that anxiety loop but I also realised that I was creating it, then I decided it was time to end it, when I did I felt better than ever (It was with the help of shrooms tho). We all have the power to change and psychedelics are just a tool to accelerate the process by making us more flexible.

Lack of sleep could be making you feel worse....

Yeah I'd pull a sickie from work (don't tell them of course! lol) until you can have a proper night's sleep. If you can then maybe try some exercise coz that might tire you out and make sleep easier

Day 5? Realy? I didn't know a drug could keep you down so long.

Yea this is not a good situation. The reSon a say opiate is because it the most physically energizing and rejuvinating. Whenever a drug makes me feel ill and gross and out of my mind only opies have everg helped

Melatonin and at most an antipsychotic but melatonin would help. It rejuvenates chemicals in your head. Always worked for me.