• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Daria

Belisarius

Bluelighter
Since there's a "Beavis and Butt-Head" thread, I think it's only fair to have one for the show that was its diametric opposite.

My op:
After "Batman: The Animated Series", this is by far my favorite animated show. In my day, I got both of the companion books, recorded my share of episodes, and bullshitted with other fans on sites (though they tended to be annoyingly clique-ish).

For those of you in the know about the series, I like the "Daria" from the first few seasons, with its take-no-prisoners mockery of bourgeois life. The later seasons fleshed Daria out more, but at the cost of the razor-wit of its earlier tone. In my op, the show jumped the shark when Tom came on board. He stood out like a refugee from another series, and I couldn't stand him. When the show finally called it quits, I felt it was time.

That said, I thought the two made-for-TV movies were quite good.

Any other fans?

Huge fan here! I can't wait to have every episode on DVD. Right now I only have the college movie.

Ya, the more mundane her town was in an episode, the better the show.

Favorite ep: probably the one where they take trents van to a concert.

And here I was hoping this was an announcement of some kind of daria spin off where she's a message board post-whore. :(

I always prefered Jane to Daria. And Quinn's bitchy friend, Sandi (was that her name?) always made me laugh too :D

I didn't think daria was especially great or anything, but everyonce in a while there was a hilarious line.
Jane and Daria got in trouble in some episode and the principal asks them " did you really think you could get away with it?"
and Jane says " it would be stupid to say yes now."

I liked the episode where Daria went to interview for and visit colleges.
And the one where her parents were ashamed to go with them to their family reunion.

<<I always prefered Jane to Daria. And Quinn's bitchy friend, Sandi (was that her name?) always made me laugh too >>

Jane was awesome. :) I often wondered though, if Jane and her family could've held a series up on her own; for my part, I doubt it. A lot of show's humor stemmed from conflict between Daria and her immediate family, which was definitely missing from Jane's household (IMO).

As for Sandi...I can do a decent impersonation of her.

"That's exactly the kind of negative attitude that says, 'I'm a fashion news reader, not a fashion news maker'."

:D

Big fan as well, have all the episodes on the hard drive. My understanding of the dvd thing is its been held up considering the impracticality of reserving rights for all those songs featured on her show(and looking back at old episodes it was some great music). However it seems some will be released just w/out background music. Bootlegs and euro copies exist.

atlas,
I like that one too.

Are you calling me a post whore?

i didnt know there were movies.
i need the movies now.

i loved daria. and jane. i wish jane had more to her, though.
every so often i still catch the shows on, at some crazy hour like 4:15 am

I looooved Daria... felt like it kept my sanity during Middle School. My parents always compared me to Daria and my sister to Quinn, though I always wanted to be Jane. :p

^ people compare(d) me to jane fairly often; i was thinking about being her for halloween until i realised it wouldnt be very ...halloween-y to portray a charater that's similar to yourself. ah, well. maybe if i'm feeling adventurous/brain-damaged i can be staci instead. : "i knew i shouldnt have worn that peach scrunchie! my life is ruined!" :p

i watched daria through basically its entire stint on MTV (people seem to forget they had some rad 'toons on MTV, the maxx, for one..anyone remember?) and was seriously pissed when they only released the daria movies on DVD.
i remember outpost daria having a petition to bring the seasons to DVD... guess it didn't work?

it's good to know there are still Daria fans out there, though.

so, who is everyone's favorite character?

althrough trent is possibly the most attractive cartoon i've seen, i'm a Jake fan all the way.

jake10.gif

GOD DAMNIT!

oh and 1 more thing - anyone with Winamp should check out the saltwaterchimp.com channels. i haven't in a while, but last time i checked they were streaming daria on shoutcast tv..

goes like dis:

media library> online services>shoutcast tv

Jane was my favorite character, followed closely by Mr. DiMartino. I could so imagine being as jaded as he was, especially after my run-ins with supposedly academic boneheads. :D

ah yes, mr. demartino! always hilarious... i especially like the urban legend episode where he gets those metal teeth..

demartino.gif

by the way, i found the petition for daria on dvd - sign it, foolz.

Last edited: