• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DANGER Loperamide!!

Dalesword

Greenlighter
Please! While loperamide can be very useful in helping you get through withdraws at moderate dosages, I implore eryone to please not use this at high dose for any period of time in an attempt to get high. I have done so taking 100 mg plus for several days together and it nearly killed me. My family found me unresponsive in bed. EMS had to be called my heart was shutting down and I nearly died. I ended up spending five days in the hospital with extremely high blood pressure have had tingling and numbness in my extremity since this occurred and doctors told me that I was very lucky as my heart was severely compromised.So please please do not use loperamide for recreational use.

glad to hear you're okay - did you say you were using lope recreationally or for getting through WDs?
i wouldnt imagine lope to have any recreational properties:?
plus it is infamously cardiotoxic in high doses

Last edited:
lope will not get you high. if you take enough of anything you will feel altered, but lope has no opiate high to it.

I was taking it to get high. I took the large doses with large amounts of black pepper and cimetidine. It will most definitely get you high using it in this manner. The black pepper and large dose allow it to cross the BBB... I repeatedly nodded off and almost burned the house down by dropping my lit cigarettes.

^ ha, yeah my bed is covered in cigarette burns from nodding off.

I was taking it to get high. I took the large doses with large amounts of black pepper and cimetidine. It will most definitely get you high using it in this manner. The black pepper and large dose allow it to cross the BBB... I repeatedly nodded off and almost burned the house down by dropping my lit cigarettes.

Sorry to hijack but I wasn't aware that black pepper had an effect on other drugs, any idea on the reason for this? I also use black pepper to increase the bioavailability of my daily turmeric.

^forgive my ignorance but are you guys talking about a special kind of black pepper or is it just literally your bog-standard kitchen stuff? i think someone mentioned a black poppy seed thing for methadone here a week or so ago..

Just regular black pepper although I've thought about changing over to whole peppercorns.

I was using just regular old black whole peppercorns. I would take a handful with every Lope dose. It has piperene in it which is PGP inhibitor.

I don't care if I'm shitting freaking bloody water, I will never take even 1 pill of Lope again.

Glad you're OK and personally 50-60mg of lope is my limit and only for the worst 48 hours of WD but I have to ask this crude question, do the peppercorns actually digest or act like corn and make it all the way through ?

I would only guess that it would be kinda like swallowing coffee beans and I can't recall ever seeing any that hadn't been brewed. :\ Granted I've also never gave it any thought about them not being digested.

I am glad things are alright now. I must add that I tried doing lope recreationally a few times with black pepper and I actually got a very dirty feeling opiate type high that made me slightly nod for half a day. It is very possible to get some sort of recreational effect from lope....its just that you have to take handfuls of those nasty pills and eat loads of black pepper. Those do not mix well in the stomach at all, not to mention the lope made me constipated for five days straight and I thought I was going to have to reach inside my own asshole and manually pull out my own shit. Lope is good for w/ds but it is not worth it recreationally.

While I agree Lope is good for a limited time to get through opiate withdrawals, used in high doses for an extended period, it's extremely cardiotoxic. Even on the occasions I used it when in WD, I never used more than 8-10 mg. Besides, from what I've heard, it's pretty much the "dirtiest" opiate high out there. Plus, as many people on these forums have said, mega doses can kill you.