• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Danger in using heroin while on suboxone?

washed

Greenlighter
I've searched around because I know this has been asked, but I was unable to find anything.

I abuse heroin and recently quit and started using suboxone for withdrawal the past couple days. The suboxone dose I had isn't curbing all of my symptoms and I'm wondering if I relapse, what will happen? If I take a large enough dose of heroin, will it break through the suboxone? Will it reignite withdrawal?

Bupre blocks the action of other opioids, I imagine you would just be wasting your heroin. I usually wait at least a week after my last bupre dose to use other opioids to ensure I'm not wasting any.

Make sure you use the Subs before you have the H otherwise might make u feel a bit queezy in the gut if u have H and then subs. If you do intend to have the subs after the H wait a couple hours.
I shoot H or fent patches everyday. I buy suboxone strips and keep as back up so On days i cant get any H i shoot up the bupe strips (Suboxone) to stop me withdrawing its not the best but stops you being sick on the days you cant get any Heroin.

No danger really will just make you a little sick in the belly.

8mg of subs daily, and my habit was about 6 or 7 bags a day. I still have minor WD symptoms despite the subs
i stared with 4mg 3 times a day and was not sick at all and pretty sleepy all day. did a rapid 7-10 day? taper ending with minor chills and gi issues. pretty painless.

Probably worth mentioning that this heroin always tests positive for fentanyl, if that makes any difference

Heroin after Suboxone is not dangerous. It won’t have full effect but it will make you feel normal. The problem is is you are going backwards instead of forwards.

The only danger is Suboxone after using heroin for an extended period.

A lot of misinformation on this post.

If you go back
To heroin, be committed to relapsing entirely. There’s no point in going back and forth it’s misery

Short and sweet? I believe you are just wasting dope and Bupe. I would pick one and commit. There are a lot of variables though.

Yes, one can "break through" but it often requires higher than normal dosages. If you miscalculate or your not being blocked like you think you are? Yes, risky.

Opioids on Buprenorphine maintenance is a complete waste for obvious reasons.

I've searched around because I know this has been asked, but I was unable to find anything.

I abuse heroin and recently quit and started using suboxone for withdrawal the past couple days. The suboxone dose I had isn't curbing all of my symptoms and I'm wondering if I relapse, what will happen? If I take a large enough dose of heroin, will it break through the suboxone? Will it reignite withdrawal?

If you have a wheelbarrow full of money to throw into the bonfire, go for it.

Thinking Opioids are the solution, I believe is our addictive tendencies at work. If the high-dose bupe isn't cutting it then.

-Take more Bupe?
-Melatonin
-Valerian
-Theanine

I just think that if you do dope with Bupe in your system, you will undoubtedly be underwhelmed (I've done it).

If you want we can work up a comprehensive taper for you no problem. If needed I'm more than happy to explain all the comfort medications.

Use our experiences man. We all experience things differently, but you can build a theoretical composite of these stories and try to apply them to yourself.

I check my mail pretty much every day. When we get into the taper business I can give you my cell if you want. Folks have helped us and part of being in the collective is passing that help on.

Straight-up. Youre describing pretty textbook addictive tendencies here. You're teetering on that cliff man.

If you really want to be Opioid free? I think you need to get more serious. Dont inject your Bupe, take it regularly, cut ties with the dope crowd. If it is an Escalade loaded with Dominicans, a simple: adios yo tango Heroina. Muchos gracias!

A week from now you could be stealing your girl's car and jewelry to buy something that won't even be there the next morning. I'm not being funny. It doesn't take long, especially when you are practically asleep the whole time.

If you are out, stay out. Talk to us and we can help you. There are better remedies out there than sitting alone, stewing in guilt, sadness and unreal anxiety.

Last edited:
Without presenting a rant on why I think you should or should not perform what you are already going to do, let me help you from experience - on those nights when I dosed with Subs and was instantly drawn back to sticking a needle in my arm, I waited at least 4-8 hours after dosing subs to IV. Like everyone here has said, the effect will be much less pronounced but you should get a minor headrush. It is a waste, but I've never been a cheap drug user so haul out the wheelbarrows.

A week from now you could be stealing your girl's car and jewelry to buy something that won't even be there the next morning.

It's sad just how true this really is. I would be judged, even here, if I mentioned some of the things I've done.

It's sad just how true this really is. I would be judged, even here, if I mentioned some of the things I've done.
I think we've all probably stolen from family or friends to score. My worse moment was sitting in the living room with my parents when my mother got up to get her gold cross out of a glass pot on the fireplace and realized it was gone. Everyone knew it was me but of course I denied it, I was loaded af. Anything to score. Luckily I have an amazing mother who saw me through my addiction.

Would you like to elaborate on the purpose of taking subs after your H? What brand are the subs exactly? You are in Australia right?
I am rather puzzled by this, as further info is needed..........

I said before H bra not after it. And yeah im in australia :) having Subs after H will make you sick. Thats why i said have it before you have H

Would you like to elaborate on the purpose of taking subs after your H? What brand are the subs exactly? You are in Australia right?
I am rather puzzled by this, as further info is needed..........

They are film strip suboxone, avaliable in 2mg and 8 mg mostly

this is what they look like here in Australia

You also advise to mix with lemon juice for your fake brown smack

I had to have heart surgery because of using lemon juice and vinegar causing an infected abscess and blood infection and endocarditis. Not only that, but I permanently collapsed numerous of my superficial veins in my arms because of it and it's acidity and have all these tiny veins that grew back trying to compensate for the loss of the veins - but it isn't sufficient for bloodflow and I have Raynaud's syndrome because of it in my hands. Seriously, I wish I could go back in time every day of my life and make different decisions there.

If you need to bring a drug as a base to a neutral salt - please, use citric or ascorbic acid. Your body will forever thank you.

I had to have heart surgery because of using lemon juice and vinegar causing an infected abscess and blood infection and endocarditis. Not only that, but I permanently collapsed numerous of my superficial veins in my arms because of it and it's acidity and have all these tiny veins that grew back trying to compensate for the loss of the veins - but it isn't sufficient for bloodflow and I have Raynaud's syndrome because of it in my hands. Seriously, I wish I could go back in time every day of my life and make different decisions there.
We don't have to worry about any of that bullshit in the States. Just pinch, mix, prep and dose. No lemon juice, heat or cottons for that matter. Other than the expected collapsed vein from overuse, nothing to worry about. (10+ years)

If you need to bring a drug as a base to a neutral salt - please, use citric or ascorbic acid. Your body will forever thank you.
[/QUOTE

Well i was taught to use vinegar and lemon juices in those methods, i didnt relies how bad it was for you. Thats just what i use personally. Vinegar in my patches and lemon juice in that black sticky heroin thats been getting around.

Trust me bro, I know, that's how I was taught too.

I'm actually from the US too, and the heroin #4 is so easy on the veins.

The quick trip to hell where I lost my soul was when I started to IV cocaine. And then, due to how the market works here, the side of the city I live on is strictly crack cocaine.

So that's how I was taught too with the crack, vinegar was best and lemon juice as a backup.

Both are horrible in every single way.

Citric acid and ascorbic acid, you just mix it with water and it's a neutral pH then, nice and easy on the veins. Plus no risk of the bacteria in vinegar and lemon juice causing infections.