• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dail Mail - Ecstasy makes a comeback: The rave drug of the 1990s is back but this...

Pretty good article from the telegraph to be honest, they know whats going on really more than alot of the other papers, and arent just spewing out lies to sell papers.

It seems the two deaths were just "tragic coincidence'". Full story.

THE DEATHS of two men who attended club nights at Alexandra Palace at the weekend are unrelated and are a “tragic coincidence”, police believe.

Officers originally thought that the men, aged 20 and 21, who died in hospital on Sunday morning, took a contaminated form of MDMA - the chemical name for ecstasy.

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.u...eaths_merely__tragic_coincidence__say_police/

I love how they call it ecstacy so it can be demonized some more even though its very unlikely its actually mdma at all that killed them.

^^ True enough. Quality is dropping like crazy in most spots, quick check to pillreports shows mostly addulterated pills as it has for over a year now. Its a sad state of affairs. Also the "stronger version" stuff is bullshit. Mdma is mdma is mdma. There is no stronger version

Anyway I dont see where they are getting this China are importing a stronger version of the drug from, none of it makes sense, anyway just a re-hashed shite version of the guardian article.

Since this whole cathinone/meph/rc thing, everything that is somehow "stronger and more powerful" is somehow related to china, especially if its a nondescript white powder! I'm sure china is bringing in all this molly. :p

raver2008 said:
^^ True enough. Quality is dropping like crazy in most spots, quick check to pillreports shows mostly addulterated pills as it has for over a year now. Its a sad state of affairs. Also the "stronger version" stuff is bullshit. Mdma is mdma is mdma. There is no stronger version

I would have to say I notice quality has INCREASED over the past couple years, but yes, on pillreports you will find that the PILLS have dropped in quality, that is because it seems like most of what is pure (I *always* test, pills or molly, or whatever it may be) is powdered mdma, which does not get reports on PR. seems like most pressed pills dropped INCREDIBLY after the pink stars came out a few years ago. And before that it was all MDA White ladies with .G or G. Eventually it seems like pipe manufacturers stole the stamps and started making copycat pills that looked more pro but only had mcpp and such, and to this day that is what "ecstasy" users are eating if they aren't smart enough to stop taking these 80% or so impure "rolls". I wonder though, if molly is so widely available, how can there be such a demand for these shitty fake pills? I guess just people not realizing they're not even taking MDMA, and continuing to support the bullshit market.

Last edited:
I've had people try to sell me "triple stacks" knowing and admitting that there was no MDMA, but still calling them "rolls." It's like triple stack means there are three different non-MDMA ingredients that might imitate the effects of real X for a few minutes. If you want to roll around here (USA), the only way to go is to get molly, as in legit powder-form molly. Maybe dealers and users are catching on and hence real ecstasy is making a "comeback" in crystal/powder form

I only have a problem with the nomenclature when the article states, without lab information, that MDMA was taken. When unexamined pills were taken, I prefer that they be called ecstasy in the press.

I only have a problem with the nomenclature when the article states, without lab information, that MDMA was taken. When unexamined pills were taken, I prefer that they be called ecstasy in the press.
SAME. Those terms are not interchangeable.

^^^
I have talked to some dealers that say they accidentally bought a lot of bad pills and the only way to get their money back is to slang those pills anyway. Some dealers also are too small time and stupid to make sure that their product is good. It's an unorganized cluster fuck out there and is only getting worse.
This is a) why I only do business with people I know have tested what they're selling... and b) why my skin crawls when I hear my peers and those younger than me talking about buying things off the street- or brag about how they plan to be blowing molly all weekend. That shit pisses me off.

There are either 3 or 4 threads carrying this same story… any chance you can get these threads merged, mods? ;)

Last edited:
I wonder when we'll read on the news:

In the past few days, 10000 families have received the news that every parent dreads – a child has died because of alcohol/cars/firearms.

apparently these deaths have been a big deal in the UK, as i have read several stories similar to this one in the last few days. surprisingly, most of them have been calling for drug reform instead of just another meaningless rant about drugs will kill you/put holes in your brain/make you retarded. unfortunately for me, i feel like reform would come in the UK years before anything happened in the US.

Unfortunately for me, i feel like reform would come in the UK years before anything happened in the US.

I always though it would happen in the US first. In the US you have major newspapers and senators running for president openly calling for an end to the drug war. You have medical MJ. Over 50% support legalisation of MJ.

In the UK the most popular newspapers spout anti-drug propaganda. The BBC are useless and just quote propaganda sources i.e. one side of the story. We have no medical MJ, in fact people get sent to prison for trying to treat themselves. When these medical MJ stories are reported no newspaper even questions the ethics of them being sent to prison.

Any talk of legalisation is associated with the "Liberal" political party who are very small and have no chance of ever having enough power to change anything. We don't have "libertarian" right-wing politicians.

The only news outlets that really challenge the dreary status quo are the Guardian newspaper and Channel 4 TV station, that only a minority read and watch respectively.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing legal drugs in the next 5 years :)

There are either 3 or 4 threads carrying this same story… any chance you can get these threads merged, mods? ;)

5 actually! For what appears to be a false alarm.

Thanks.

Daily Mail

'Stay away from drugs' pleads family of 21-year-old killed by 'tainted ecstasy' at all-night rave

By Chris Greenwood and Damien Gayle Last updated at 5:49 PM on 2nd December 2011
  • Detectives suspect both took MDMA
  • Both victims died within seven hours of each other
The family of a young man who died after apparently taking tainted ecstasy while out raving today asked young people to stay away from drugs.

More...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-ecstasy-night-rave.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Its back? Shit i never even noticed it leaving.