• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dabs vs. Herb

Mr.Nipples333

Greenlighter
Im new to the site so bare with me.

Ive smoked weed since high school but i had to stop a few years ago because it was causing me to have horrible anxiety attacks. One of my friends was telling me about dabs and how its more relaxing and how its a completely different high.

I want to try it but I'm not sure how it will affect my anxiety. Ive had brownies before without having anxiety attacks so I'm hoping dabs will work the same way.

What i want to know is, does anybody else get really bad anxiety from weed, and if you've tried dabs, did it affect your anxiety?

If you get anxious from smoking weed, i can say with some certainty that you will feel even more anxious with dabs.

Hash oil is MUCH more potent meaning you can easy smoke too much at once which is likely the main cause of the anxiety.

I have seen people that smoke (weed not dabs) daily have panic attack from dabs.What does your friend mean more relaxed ? Getting really High an passing out?

I like dabs more just cuz its more rush .
An they do have different highs cuz wax,shatter mostly THC an weed has all kinds of cannabinoids
There are over 480 natural components found within the Cannabis sativa plant, of which 66 have been classified as "cannabinoids;"
Cannabigerols (CBG);
Cannabichromenes (CBC);
Cannabidiols (CBD);
Tetrahydrocannabinols (THC);
Cannabinol (CBN) and cannabinodiol (CBDL);
Other cannabinoids (such as cannabicyclol (CBL), cannabielsoin (CBE), cannabitriol (CBT) and other miscellaneous types).

You should just give it a try. I personally smoke to get rid of anxiety (when I need to do public speaking,or example). so just go ahead and try it in a safe setting,and go from there.

OP, if you do try a dab, start small and work your way up.

Seriously, take a size of a half of a grain of rice. It might not seem like a lot, but even after smoking every day for the past 4 ish years, that much gets me noticeably high when I haven't smoked that day.

A dab is essentially a concentrated hit of weed, so your question doesn't really make any real sense. If pot gives you anxiety, obviously don't do a dab. :p

I seriously don't understand why everyone always makes the claim that dabs will get you higher than weed. BHO is more concentrated than cannabis, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will get you higher. Just smoke less of it. Seriously. There's no need to put .1 on a dabber and get a huge milk shot out of your bong. All you need is a little bit, the equivalent of a hit of weed.

I switched to smoking dabs 100% because regular bowls of weed gave me too much anxiety. IMO/E, dabs are a completely different high. Way less hectic and chaotic. You just gotta remember to dab a really small amount and work your way up. I know that some people like dabs because they can get a massive amount of THC in one hit but I like them for the sole reason that it doesn't give me anxiety. L

It all depends on the ingredients that went into making the wax. Some strains are more anxiolytic than others due to a different cannabinoid complex. As for just smoking less, makes sense but it seems like you could just go ahead and use the mother strain of that particular BHO if it sits nicely with you. Using wax seems to increase the margin of error to unnecessary levels.

If you're in an area where cannabis is legal, just get anxiolytic bud. If not, its hard to say what BHO you're getting. It could possibly be a landrace sativa concentrate and give you a horrible trip.

I'm not sure what "dabs" is but if it's like concentrated hash, you might give it a try.

I make my own QWISO hash and people have told me it is a great strong high without any paranoia.

Hash oil is MUCH more potent meaning you can easy smoke too much at once which is likely the main cause of the anxiety.

word on the street is you ALWAYS plug your ganja.

Well made BHO is very potent shit, and would likely affect your anxiety far more severely than just cannabis alone

I'm new here so sorry if everyone else knows this but what are "dabs"?

Dabs are the street term for marijuana oil, usually made from extracting the THC and cannabinoids from the plant matter with a easily evaporated solvent such a butane. The left over oil/waxy substance is known as BHO or dabs, and can be further refined to produce shatter or budder

I have seen people that smoke (weed not dabs) daily have panic attack from dabs.What does your friend mean more relaxed ? Getting really High an passing out?

I like dabs more just cuz its more rush .
An they do have different highs cuz wax,shatter mostly THC an weed has all kinds of cannabinoids
There are over 480 natural components found within the Cannabis sativa plant, of which 66 have been classified as "cannabinoids;"
Cannabigerols (CBG);
Cannabichromenes (CBC);
Cannabidiols (CBD);
Tetrahydrocannabinols (THC);
Cannabinol (CBN) and cannabinodiol (CBDL);
Other cannabinoids (such as cannabicyclol (CBL), cannabielsoin (CBE), cannabitriol (CBT) and other miscellaneous types).

This.

I've been smoking for over 5 years now and just recently came across a good amount of wax or bho. It's all i've been smoking with the exception of a few nightly sessions with friends. Although I need to smoke quite a few dabs to feel "right" or where I want to be, just a few hits of plain weed does me right. I enjoy smoking wax but I do feel there is something missing when just smoking wax due to the high concentration of THC and low concentrations of the other CBDs. IME smoking plain herb has a much more relaxing and sedative effect than its concentrates. Bubble hash would be somewhere in between.

IF smoking herb gives you anxiety then keep it moderate, and find some people you can laugh with. Wax is much easier to go overboard with and get way higher than you might care to be, and much sooner than you realize.

Each have their own highs; therefore I like both for different reasons and different occasions. I smoked weed daily for about 3 years before making the switch to BHO (or dabs) daily almost a year ago. I went out and bought myself a micro G pen and started vaping a) for health reasons, and b) because BHO was up and coming and I liked it so far. At first the BHO would knock me on my ass whenever I smoked it, but as I developed a tolerance to it I found that it was a good daytime high when I needed to get stuff done. I have energy to do things and it makes things more fun and more tolerable. It also helps ease my anxiety. Now whenever I smoke weed (which is on rare occasion) I get really high and couch-locked. I save buds for evening use with friends..nothing beats a good bong sesh. %)

I can see possibilities why dabs might cause less anxiety than weed. If you are allergic to the pollen (or other allergens) in weed, then dabs might cause less anxiety, because allergic reactions can cause anxiety. But I am not knowledgeable if there is less or any pollen (or other allergens) that ends up in the dab product. Anyone know?

Last edited:
I took a dab once and being a daily smoker for many years I thought I'd be able to handle it fine. I way underestimated and had a terrible trip, like LSD with paranoia instead of euphoria. I was stoned for over 12 hours straight and hungover the whole day after. To me, dabs are an abomination to herb.