• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

Clonidine in doses of 1mg and up does the tricl for me, its also great for anxiety and sweating coz it lowers the heart rate :)

Clonidine in doses of 1mg and up does the tricl for me, its also great for anxiety and sweating coz it lowers the heart rate :)

1mg? That's pretty heavy I think. 0.3mg is usually enough to put me to sleep.

Yeah, 1 mg of clonidine might be too much for someone without a tolerance, always start low and slowly work your way up

Aye, and watch it with orthostatic hypotension too, personally I like it up to several mg, but I take it daily on rx and have for fuck knows how long although for different reasons (I'm autistic, it helps me avoid overloading and acts like, essentially turning down the gain setting on all the squirrely ass sensory filtering crap. Don't get me wrong, I love being autie, wouldn't want to be born any other way, fuckin hell no. What an awful, hideous thought. *shudders* but the sensory crap does need squashing and clonidine helps me with that. It also helps with RLS, either due to opioid WD or not. A lot of opiate WD is due to overactivation of the sympathetic branch of the nervous system. The 'get up and go' half (parasympathetic being the 'wind down, soldier' side of things, to put it simply by analogy) and overproduction of nor/adrenaline, cortisol and overactivation of adrenergic receptors as a result, causing sweating, anxiety, lack of appetite, shaking, tremors, makes me personally a LOT more prone to seizures (which I have to take meds for anyway to stop the fuckers) and akathisia, restlessness, inability to sleep. And generally feeling like fucking shite warmed up and served on a turd platter with dog shit ice-cream for dessert and putrefied dog piss to wash it down.

But 1mg clonidine would likely be too much (you know when your getting close, if you work your way up, to what your gonna be able to tolerate, by, whilst lying down, in a safe situation, slowly, start to stand up, if your vision clouds over, causes ringing of the ears, dizziness and you feel like your going to drop to the floor, but this is relieved by bending double, but in a way that if you do fall you land back on the sofa, bed etc. and ideally have someone there to assist if needs be, thats when to stop upping the dose for the time being.

Also, a LOCALLY acting nasal decongestant drop like xylometazoline/oxymetazoline to serve as a vasoconstrictor can be of great value with high dose clonidine for it can cause severe nasal congestion as a side effect due the vasodilatory effects, a local vasoconstrictor shrinks those engorged nasal blood vessels back down and helps you breathe easily again.

Clonidine also works nice for the overheating from opioid WD.

DXM is useful, although memantine or other ket/PCP analogs are much better, they work wonders on WD even in relatively small doses (although larger ones are much more practical with memantine, which will also help drive your tolerance down very effectively)

Whats tylenol 1?? I live in Cali and never heard of it.

To the OP, Heres my list.

-Immodium 6-10mg doses
-Hot baths
-Alcohol(if you're 21)
-Valerian root
-Unisom
-Benadryl
-Motrin, or tylenol
-Lots of movies, video games that keep you entertained

What is your habit? I am currently on my 6th of completely cold turkey, from 80mg a day oxycontin habit. Still can't sleep but feeling good.

Quick question, I am going through withdrawal from kolonopin. Tapering from my medication. I have severe leg cramps and tingling spasms. I have a perscription of ibprofen 800. Would one of these help ease my pain?

Tiger balm...does this work? I have some. I would try anything for my benzo withdrawal . If this works that would be great

It is important to never completely stop taking benzodiazepines for you can actually die from the WD.

As others have said exercise works wonders but for rls exercises focused on the legs really do the trick. Leg press, squat, (light) power clean, etc. all leave my legs feeling exhausted which in turn alleviates some of my rls. As much as I hate working while sick, the same goes for a long shift at a job we’re you are on your feet. Burn some of that energy building up in those legs.

You can still rub one out, bc I?ve turned to that many a times ;) Just doesn?t work for long and you find yourself doing it often. Haha almost like chasing a high, but your chasing an orgasm instead!

Im a big supporter of female masturbation so please dont let my answer change any plans one might have already but..

Im prescribed clonazepam 2mgXtwice a day for RLS and find it works great!