• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Critical toxic effects upon comsumption of 100mg Adderall IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorNinja

Bluelighter
Some dude from another forum posted this. Since that forum is made of drug use ignorants he won't get much help there so he needs you guy's help. Here's what he wrote:

So I was stupid and some girl gave me 5 of her Adderall pills (100mg total) and I took them all at once. I was really depressed as my Father had suddenly passed away in April and my girlfriend of nearly 9 years left me just a month later. I had a few beers and a shot on top of the pills and really didn't feel any effects until I got home at 3:00am. I of course could not sleep and was restless. I had no overdose symptoms though with the exception of a racing heart. Anyway, the next day I got up, though I don;t believe I actually slept, and got a 5 Hour Energy drink as I was pretty crashed but still pretty awake too. I went about my day as usual and I thought everything was going to be ok. Then Sunday night, I had to poop and ended up getting a hemorrhoid which I had never experienced before. Wait...it get's scarier. I went to the ER the next day as my thumbs were numb and tingly and I went online and read a bit about Adderall and that scared me pretty good. They did an EKG on me and the doctor assured me that all would be ok. With that I was stoked that everything would return to normal and I'd get a second lease on life...boy was I wrong. The next few weeks were pretty normal. My thumbs still tingled a bit and I would get these weird zap like feelings in my head but I carried on anyway and over the next few weeks I was able to go to work everyday, see some movies, go to a few dinners and even hooked up with this pretty girl at a bar. Life was gonna be alright, I thought. Ok, here's where everything gets weird and unexplainable. I was laying on my couch one night and I felt this weird feeling, it felt as though an energy of some sort ran down from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. Like this weird wave feeling. To top that off, I had a feeling like there was a liquid running down my neck, underneath the skin. I was driving home from work one night a few days later and felt this weird feeling (like a electrical sensation) over my head and face and all at once I seem to have lost most of my sense of smell and taste. Over the course of the next few months a bunch of other symptoms came into play, although I don't exactly know when they happened as I may just not have noticed them until later. Here is what is plauging my life and won't seem to go away: I have lost the ability to sweat even the tiniest bit, I have blood in my nose everyday, I have lost feeling (have numbness) over most of my body, my index fingers are now numb and tingly, I also have very strange bowell movements, only urinate about once a day and my urine is foamy. My muscles ache, I have muscle spasms that can be seen underneath the skin over just about all of my body. My hair and nails have stopped growing totally and body hair falls off easily. Scrapes/cuts are taking a very long time to heal. My sense of smell is way off (especially when it comes to exaust/fume type smells) and my taste has diminished quite a bit. My hands fall asleep randomly, mostly at night, and sometimes lose my breath when trying to sleep. I've lost a ton of muscle tone in my legs and arms, my testicle sac is loose and my testicles themselves seem to be larger than before. Add to that the lovely fact that I seem to now be impotent and I ask myself what is the point of living like this anymore? I had so much going for me before I made the mistake of taking these pills. By the way, I've been to several doctors, 6 different hospitals, a Neurologist, had a catscan and an MRI. Lots of blood work too and they can't find anything! Even saw a psychiatrist about this because all my friends think it's all in my head. What have I done to myself?! Could this really all have spawned from 100mg of Adderall just one time?! Any insight or helpwould be greatly appreciated. I just wanna get back to normal!

That would be a lot of symptoms to be entirely psychogenic. Also, I'm fairly certain 100mg of Adderall several months before has jack to do with it. Has he tried contacting Dr. House?

Shit, thats just a T.V. show.... I guess find a Dr. in diagnostic medicine, I'm not sure that anyone other than a physician could analyze that list of symptoms and come up with an accurate conclusion. Sorry man.

From my experience with adderall, the worst symptoms seemed to start appearing when I was sleep depping myself and taking them repeatedly to stay awake. Had a trip to the ER one morning sitting at the table eating breakfast after pulling an all nighter on adderall, checked my BP for fun... BP was 195/153 and my pulse was 170... AT REST. No fun at all.

Neurological symptoms don't seem that far fetched considering the weird things that happens to the body when you're using adderall to stay up for days on end. :)

From my experience with adderall, the worst symptoms seemed to start appearing when I was sleep depping myself and taking them repeatedly to stay awake. Had a trip to the ER one morning sitting at the table eating breakfast after pulling an all nighter on adderall, checked my BP for fun... BP was 195/153 and my pulse was 170... AT REST. No fun at all.

Neurological symptoms don't seem that far fetched considering the weird things that happens to the body when you're using adderall to stay up for days on end. :)

According to the OP though, this was one concentrated dose of 100mg IR... I've never heard of anyone having continuous symptoms of a drug they took 3 months before. The body may take some hits, but it heals just as effective.

This is very well the body's natural reaction to constant tension. His father passed and his girlfriend left him, not to mention he's constantly worrying about this adderall dosage...

Toxic effect? I've consumed far more than 100mg of IR Adderall before Halo tournaments and I'm perfectly fine.. The crash is terrible, but still, I can't see it being 'toxic'..

Hey. I'm the dude that posted the inquiry about the 100mg of Adderall dose. It looks as though all of the responses I've gotten dismiss Adderall from being the cause of my symptoms. Damn! Just sucks not being able to figure this mess out. This was my first time ever taking this drug but I had had plenty experience wih other drugs including cocaine (though I didn't use any other drugs in combination with the Adderall). Just wish I could figure this out, or at least start believing that Adderall could not have caused my symptoms.

It could be two different symptoms, like brain zaps on top of something else... Anyway, I would see a neurologist?

Already saw a neurologist and even had an MRI done with negative results. I'm just lost as to what it can be and don't understand how it could have been caused by 100mg of Adderall. Seems like that isn't even a very high dose considering the amounts people are claiming to have used on this forum. Dammit this sucks!

I re-read your post and... your doctor doesn't think it's weird that you're not growing hair or nails? Are you sure this is true and you're not worrying yourself? TBH, most of your symptoms can be explained by anxiety. Amphetamines do set off anxiety in many individuals and this makes sense here, too. Try taking a benzo and see how you feel?

Every doctor I've seen thinks all of my symptoms are rather weird, as do I. It would be lovely if it was all just anxiety but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. It just boggles my mind that any drug would do such crazy things to a person. Just doesn't make any sense at all.

^Drugs have done crazier things to people....100mg isn't exactly a medically used or even condoned dosage, I'm going to throw my two cents in there and say its at least mostly anxiety. 100mg will certainly do that.

Thanks for all the insight. Hopefully in time I'll get this nightmare figured out and be able to move on with my life. Damn I'm stupid. If anyone has any other suggestions or may have experienced similar problems, feel free to share.

One more thing. Ever since these symptoms have started I've been unable to get any kind of buzz from beer/booze. I used to get a nice buzz after having just 3 or 4 beers. Last night I drank some whiskey and several beers but didn't get even the slightest buzz from it. Weird.

Lets add hypochondriasis and psychosis to that list of symptoms... Or take the whole list and call it Muchausen syndrome...

Ok not really, but seriously, this is a pretty frivolous discussion. I want badly for you to be happy and healthy, but there is nothing good to come of this. Even if one or two posters might correlate one or two of your symptoms to their own amphetamine use, you will just end up with more questions. Like several people have said, WORRY and ANXIETY are two huge contributors to poor health, so you are just gonna make it worse. This is more of a health discussion than a drug discussion, and you should continue to seek professional help if your claims are legitimate. But very few Bluelighters are medically trained, and what you're describing is even beyond the realm of Dr. House.

No sweating whatsoever? Hair and nails stopped growing? No effects after drinking a whiskey and several beers? Seriously?? And nothing at all shows on the blood tests, catscan, or MRI... I think any doctor who heard this would have a f'n conniption

Healthy diet, exercise, and regular sleep... Best of luck to you sir!

Thanks for your comments. For the record, my claims are beyond legitimate even as crazy as all of the symptoms my seem. It truly sucks to be me these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.