Creating Positive Change vs. If Nothing Changes Then Nothing Changes..

Kick methadone. Been 4 long years on opiates. They took away the horribly persistent panic that no other drugs could manage... yet they also took my motivation, my ambition, my personality, and my will to live.

I will probably give up after the first signs of WD... just as I have a million times before... But here's to this being the time that sticks

I have been trying after 7,5 years on methadone. But even if you keep decreasing your dosage to zero, plan 30 days withdraws.
First 14 days is nearly impossible and you might need to go to the hospital.
You will have more chances if you get medical assistance. Don't expect to succeed right away, if it works you will still have to face a whole new you.

Last edited:
Start my day with a thought of something I am grateful for. Today, I woke up to gray, overcast skies. It reminds me of my years spent in Seattle... I am truly grateful for the rain today; also grateful since we need rain desperately where I live. It is a good day today!

Continue to Hit gym 5 days a week 4 ever
40 minutes regenerative meditation per day
Transfer license
Join a gym
get agreement drawn up, signed, and filed.
pay photo ticket
Draw up business outline
pick up conformation fax
make it to kids soccer game and have a great day with him
Weed through junk and donate what I don't need
Weed through all my keepsakes
Look through backpacks and pick out one for a new gym bag.. one for a computer bag, and one for move
dispose of bed (lavishly expensive beds are orgasmic, uhb haggard so we need to see other people)
pack
clean
drive

Last edited:
Having tried the local NHS ( its a UK thing you'll have to look it up) drug counselling and support services in the last year and found them hope less for me, all the sessions are in work time and I can't take that much time off.

I finally plucked up the courage to contact a private therapist last week, they are local and would provide sessions at times I could work with, the cost wasnt as high as I had thought and I could afford it. I found face to face counseling worked well for me in the past when I found a good one, the guy that did CBT with me really cut through my endless intellectualising and internal excuses and false honesty...crap ones have just fallen for it all, I don't set out to behave that way but I know I do it.

I have found another so I'm thinking I'll see both and decide who I feel most comfortable with, better spending my money on this than drugs I know arent helping my situation.

I'm posting this here as I want to have moved this forward by the end of next week, I'll report back or expect to be kicked in the rear ;)

Hi there everyone. Inspiring plans and intentions from everyone. I wish all previous posters in this thread the best of luck.

Now addressing Allein directly: I really hope you find yourself an excellent therapist/ counsellor in the private sector. I too share your opinions about the poor standard of care provided for U.K. citizens with drug addiction problems on the NHS....but I reckon what I have to say here will probably resonate with fellow Blue lighters in the states and oz/nz too......

Services for those with mental health and/or drug addiction problems ALWAYS end up being the first to be cut or scaled down when bastards in government (and Im mainly referring to the brutally nasty Tories) need to save enough money to finance tax cuts to in effect bribe the electorate into keeping said politicians in government.

The sad truth is that those who are downtrodden and left to their own devices to in effect fend for themselves - such as, for example, people with addiction and mental health problems - are extremely unlikely to be actively involved in the political process and even less likely to vote, never mind kicking up any fuss about how little the powers that be care about mental health patients and people with addiction problems.

It always seems such short sighted thinking - and the ultimate example of a false economy - when those in charge of the NHS treat the intimately connected fields of treatment of addiction and mental health with such disdain........ almost as an afterthought of little consequence.

Some years ago I remember reading a serious academic paper which concluded that for every pound spent on addiction treatment and mental health services for those suffering from addiction today it saved something like seven pounds further down the line.

I went to my GP a week ago to tell him how much I'm still struggling with severe depression, that I have a concrete suicide plan formulated and that I think about it daily......and I asked him if we could either increase or decrease my antidepressant dose age or perhaps try a different antidepressant. He treated me with such uncaring disdain and sent me away with the web address for my local council's mental health services. He just made me feel like such scum I broke down in tears in the middle of the fucking supermarket ten minutes later.

Just like this thread's title I'm trying my hardest to be creating positive change for myself but like the previous poster Allein I've sought help from the healthcare profession and was shocked to discover that there really is not much help of any substance to be found therein and that I'm really on my own.

The only reason I'm still hanging in there and havent killed myself yet is that I think my suicide would impact most severely on my folks and brothers yet I continue to be signed off with depression by my doctors and I continue languishing in this mental health problem limbo.

Something has to give.

Last edited:
get laid
Transfer license
Join a gym
get agreement drawn up, signed, and filed.
Draw up business outline

Kick methadone. Been 4 long years on opiates. They took away the horribly persistent panic that no other drugs could manage... yet they also took my motivation, my ambition, my personality, and my will to live.

I will probably give up after the first signs of WD... just as I have a million times before... But here's to this being the time that sticks

If it only happens once (I'm referring to it being successful this time) then everything before that was merely just progress, brother!

get laid
Get license
Get agreement drawn up, signed, and filed.
Draw up business outline
Find place
Start working on book again
Switch health insurance
Join a gym
switch banks
Finish birds and bees disco with son
Transfer license

Last edited:
finish memos tomorrow
do laundry tomorrow
save up - getting better
clean up work desk lol!!

get laid
Get agreement drawn up, signed, and filed.
Draw up business outline
Find place
Switch health insurance
register truck
wash truck
Get license boom
figure out budget
hit movie
Hair cut
fix chair
clean fans

Last edited:
Get going on this shat
Draw up business outline
Find place
Switch health insurance
register truck
Check out NS program
wash truck

Hi there everyone. Inspiring plans and intentions from everyone. I wish all previous posters in this thread the best of luck.

Now addressing Allein directly: I really hope you find yourself an excellent therapist/ counsellor in the private sector. I too share your opinions about the poor standard of care provided for U.K. citizens with drug addiction problems on the NHS....but I reckon what I have to say here will probably resonate with fellow Blue lighters in the states and oz/nz too......

Services for those with mental health and/or drug addiction problems ALWAYS end up being the first to be cut or scaled down when bastards in government (and Im mainly referring to the brutally nasty Tories) need to save enough money to finance tax cuts to in effect bribe the electorate into keeping said politicians in government.

The sad truth is that those who are downtrodden and left to their own devices to in effect fend for themselves - such as, for example, people with addiction and mental health problems - are extremely unlikely to be actively involved in the political process and even less likely to vote, never mind kicking up any fuss about how little the powers that be care about mental health patients and people with addiction problems.

It always seems such short sighted thinking - and the ultimate example of a false economy - when those in charge of the NHS treat the intimately connected fields of treatment of addiction and mental health with such disdain........ almost as an afterthought of little consequence.

Some years ago I remember reading a serious academic paper which concluded that for every pound spent on addiction treatment and mental health services for those suffering from addiction today it saved something like seven pounds further down the line.

I went to my GP a week ago to tell him how much I'm still struggling with severe depression, that I have a concrete suicide plan formulated and that I think about it daily......and I asked him if we could either increase or decrease my antidepressant dose age or perhaps try a different antidepressant. He treated me with such uncaring disdain and sent me away with the web address for my local council's mental health services. He just made me feel like such scum I broke down in tears in the middle of the fucking supermarket ten minutes later.

Just like this thread's title I'm trying my hardest to be creating positive change for myself but like the previous poster Allein I've sought help from the healthcare profession and was shocked to discover that there really is not much help of any substance to be found therein and that I'm really on my own.

The only reason I'm still hanging in there and havent killed myself yet is that I think my suicide would impact most severely on my folks and brothers yet I continue to be signed off with depression by my doctors and I continue languishing in this mental health problem limbo.

Something has to give.

Chin up mate. The nhs couldn't help me at all ... turn away. ...are drugs support place ...don't support or help people wHo are bènzo dependant. David dhc plz empty yer inbox

I love this idea
do my back taxes
go through my mothers things and get rid of what I can bear
go through my dads things and get rid of what I can bear
try to work 5 less hours a week, but work smarter when I am there
walk at least 5 days a week
Empty my daughters old playroom and turn it into a teenager "hang-out"
spend more time with my daughter
start to clean out my basement

I am noticing that "get laid" has disappeared of nsa's list. Dare I read anything into this?=D

My list:
weed the front garden
weed the back garden
swim
answer emails

Continue to exercise 5 days a week 4 ever
two hikes a week until ski season
get ski pass
cancel gym membership
Draw up business outline
Find place
Switch health insurance
register truck
Check out NS program

Last edited:
Opening a TFSA account next month
Must have saved up 10 grand by the end of this year
continue to work out
plan Accounting courses that I need to take for a certificate (short term goal and I want to get an Accounting Degree if possible)

I think it's really important to set goals even short term goals for ourselves and better ourselves. We always need to challenge ourselves and have aspirations and a bit of ambition.

Get back to eating healthier. . Just because I can now eat whatever I want and not gain.. does not mean I should stuff myself with crap.

Figure out holiday plans and transportation.

Start saving for a new ride.

Book hotel.

Find a house