• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crack Smoke In Apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.

aac

Greenlighter
I've tried searching forums and I haven't found quite what I was looking for - most of the forums have to do with smoking marijuana in apartments or smoking crack in shared houses. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment but I'm around multiple families in an 8 unit apartment building. I'm not smoking all day and I try to be respectful and use a smoke buddy to exhale through, but I'm wondering if you all think that's enough to not piss off my neighbors with the smell of crack smoke. The only other option I have is to drive around and smoke, which, in my opinion, is the furthest thing from reducing harm. I don't want to drive around mountain roads with bellringers and potentially put others at risk from me driving around high as a kite.

I've never thought that crack smells particularly strong but everything I read online freaks me out. The opinions vary from it being close to odorless to (the majority of people) saying that it smells awful and is very strong. I obviously can't tell when I'm smoking it because the taste is so strong that I always think it must reek.

Thanks for any insights.

Of all the drugs I've smoked, crack leaves the least odor by far in my experience. Good on you for being courteous to your neighbors, but unless someone says something, I think you're ok. If your neighbors haven't been around crack themselves, I doubt they even know what it smells like or notice it at all. I think it does have a distinct smell, but it's not even unpleasant to me and it's very mild. I've smoked in a car, hotboxed obviously, and the odor was completely gone the next day. You sound like you're already taking many precautions anyway so I think you're good. This post is kind of amusing to me though because the stereotype is that crack users (and drug users in general) are horrible people and yet your average Joe cigarette smoker will take way less care to not expose others to second hand smoke.
But the taste really is a lot stronger than the smell, it's like a sweet, plastic-like scent to me that could be attributed to anything unless you specifically know the smell of crack.

IMO if someone is familiar with it then most likely they can detect it. I can walk down a hallway and differentiate between weed, crack, and meth but prior to my using I could only pick out weed. Thank you for being a courteous individual and I'd say do all you can to limit second hand smoke not just for detection purposes but for the health and welfare of those people/animals who may be breathing in even trace amounts.

Why not do it in the bathroom with the fan on?

I smoked weed daily like that for a couple years and I live in a pretty nice apt complex. I've only smoked meth once but I was surprised that it didn't have much of any smell.

IMO if someone is familiar with it then most likely they can detect it. I can walk down a hallway and differentiate between weed, crack, and meth but prior to my using I could only pick out weed. Thank you for being a courteous individual and I'd say do all you can to limit second hand smoke not just for detection purposes but for the health and welfare of those people/animals who may be breathing in even trace amounts.

I agree.
I think people notice the smell. In case they don't know how Crack smells like they will definitely think something different is burning. The worst part of living so closely is being able to hear their possible comments and that woud disturb more than the smell.

Of course this all depends on how much you smoke. About smoking in the bathroom, it might be good for a little bit but, again - that's where people hear things more clearly and the smell tends to be locked in.

If you you are having this problem, take a long shower let the vapor accumulate before opening the door and clean the apartment, using a little more of cleaning products- cook something, and while you come down think if it's worth the trouble.

As I see this, it's not only about being courteous it's more about not letting people know you use drugs or and preventing face legal consequences, fines, etc.

I know people who lived in buildings where people smoked crack and at first they thought it was other people's apartment's having electrical fires; but then someone told them how a lot of the residents and their neighbours smoke crack.

Of all the drugs I've smoked, crack leaves the least odor by far in my experience. Good on you for being courteous to your neighbors, but unless someone says something, I think you're ok. If your neighbors haven't been around crack themselves, I doubt they even know what it smells like or notice it at all.

Agreed, I could only smell it when a person burnt the chore. I had a friend who was meticulous with pushing and I would only know she took a hit when I actually walked into the room and saw the smoke.

^Yeah, when I tried it I got smoked up by an experienced crackhead who had his technique down. It has a sort of sweet, plastic, almost floral scent to it. Nothing smelled like it was burning, it was just this vapor. It's not what I expected it to be at all. One time I had one of those swirly red and white breath mints after taking a good, clean bong hit of some really nice weed (forgot the strain) and the taste in my mouth reminded me of crack more than anything else, not the smell though. If you're burning glass and chore then yeah, it's probably gonna smell like something is burning. I never would've recognized the smell of crack before I tried it. One trick I did in high school when smoking weed in my room was I'd make a fort with my comforter and exhale into it so the smoke got trapped in there. Sounds stupid but I never got caught when I did that, got caught every single time I didn't. Obviously some smoke escaped but not enough for anyone to notice apparently. If it worked for weed, it'll probably work for crack.

Exhale through an empty paper towel tube (the cardboard cylinder) lined with fabric softener sheets. Traps 90% of weed smoke scent. I'm sure it will absorb 100% of the crack smell.

^ I thought that's what he meant by "smoke buddy".

OP, cant you blow it out the window? You can always ghost it.. and yeah, crack does have a distinctive smell, I like it though, but then again.I like the flavor of smack lol

- Hopeless

plus one for a carbon filter set up. something to do when you are high. nice project i imagine. design the plans (from the net if you need to) get the bits and then build while you smoke.

^ I thought that's what he meant by "smoke buddy".

OP, cant you blow it out the window? You can always ghost it.. and yeah, crack does have a distinctive smell, I like it though, but then again.I like the flavor of smack lol

- Hopeless

Good to see I'm not the only one who enjoys the smell of crack lol . As weird as this will sound, I kind of wish you could get that smell without actually having to smoke crack. I mean, obviously having your house smell like crack would be a terrible idea in reality, but it really would make a good air freshener scent if not for the associations, haha

Lmao, that's geeat^ someone should seriously make it for novelty. I could probably get away with using that in my shit ass town too. OP, wanna get away with smoking crack? Move to western mass. Pretty much, if you're not beating someone half to death over a $20 rock or shooting up in broad daylight at 5pm in a grocery store parking lot (both things that have happened within the past week), you're good. Sucks when you get paranoid though and 4 cruisers arrive near your house...for your neighbors.

Pretty much, if you're not beating someone half to death over a $20 rock or shooting up in broad daylight at 5pm in a grocery store parking lot (both things that have happened within the past week), you're good.

How big is your town/city as a matter of interest. Compare it to another named town in size or do you know roughly the population number? America is mad (in my mind), Irish people of my age (mid to late twenties/early thirties) grew up with a distinct vision of America being broadcast into our minds! thank you tellyvision.

I'd imagine you can do what I use to do while smoking weed in my parents bathroom, shove a bunch of scented drier sheets into a paper towel roll and blow smoke through that. With weed it completely eliminates the smell and sometimes the smoke will just smell like the scent of the sheets.

Edit: didn't realize Phil already mentioned it, either way definitely recommended

How big is your town/city as a matter of interest. Compare it to another named town in size or do you know roughly the population number? America is mad (in my mind), Irish people of my age (mid to late twenties/early thirties) grew up with a distinct vision of America being broadcast into our minds! thank you tellyvision.

About 10,000. Sadly its one of the largest towns in my area. Some have under 2,000. Lol America is a trip, moved here after living in one of the richer neighborhoods on the east coast. That was crazy in a different way, people were such fucking assholes. I used to get yelled at by my neighbor for parking in MY spot, because apparently it made it harder for her to back out of her spot. There was at least 20 feet of space between our cars, and she was the one with the big car, I drive a coupe. I fucking hate my state though, it's shitty with a very high cost of living, especially closer to the city. In my old neighborhood I was paying nearly $1500 for a shitty, moldy studio apartment in the worst part of town. And people here are literally known for being assholes, there's even a term for it-masshole. If you're in Boston or Cambridge, driving during rush hour is like going to fucking war . My commute used to be an hour of dealing with people honking , cutting you off, and nearly crashing into you to win an inch, all to get the 4 miles it took to get to my job and I needed my car for work. I could go on and on lol, we have the winters of Canada and the summers of California, and the weather is erratic (it was around 40f about a week ago, now its in the high 80s). Now you see why I've done crack. If any of you are thinking about moving to mass, please get a psych eval first (kidding, kind of). But seriously, I don't know why people move here other than for work or school. I've never heard of someone moving in and liking it lol. I was born here and can't fucking wait to get out.

Edit: I was just watching the news and a woman was trying to board a plane during a stopover in Boston. They wouldn't let her on because her shorts were "too short". They weren't even revealing anything other than her legs, people wear shorts like that in public all the time. They wouldn't let her on until she bought a different pair of shorts. Like I said, my state is full of assholes, Boston is supposed to be liberal but many people are extremely uptight. Bigoted, too. Can't tell you how much racist bullshit I've heard. The only good thing about living out in the sticks now is that you don't really have to deal with people like that (they exist but they mind their own business, mostly) and you can be high in public and no one cares because they all are too. I do have one nice neighbor, he told us he was ecstatic that we were the new neighbors because the last ones wouldn't pay for their water so they used the neighbor's house to shower and do dishes and stuff...for over a year. It was a family with 3 kids, I think. Maybe 4. Its not a small house either and they were paying the mortgage and everything else, guess they just felt like saving money on water or something. You know its bad when someone is actually happy to have a 20 year old who does a lot of drugs as their new neighbor. You'd think I'm making this shit up but I swear on my drug stash that I'm not. Oh and just for kicks, I live in the "nice" part of town. High school kids with strollers are a VERY regular sight when school gets out though, so...yeah. I try not to judge people based on their situation but that's just the norm in this town, huge heroin problem too and people have told me they started in middle school. And apparently you don't end up on the needle here, you start on it. I actually kicked my opiate habit because of this fucking town, among other reasons too (I had been trying for a while with no success), but seeing life here really opened my eyes. And I grew up in a housing project in Boston so its not like I haven't been around drugs or poverty, but over here people just don't care at all.

Hope this paints a good picture of america for you, especially Massachusetts lmao. Some american stereotypes are not wrong. There are some awesome cities too though, I love Philly. I've lived in other states in new england and while they all kinda suck (unless you love nature so much you don't mind driving an hour or more to get to civilization, Vermont and parts of NH and Maine are nice), I think mass takes the cake. I've never lived in Connecticut but it might just be a competitor from what little I've seen so far.

Last edited:
I've never lived in Connecticut but it might just be a competitor from what little I've seen so far.

You're not missing much, we probably just shoot each other slightly more and have slightly more narcotics trafficking cases but even that i am not sure of. In my 3 years as a junkie/narcotics purchaser I only witnessed 1 robbery at gun point and rolled up to the dope spot to find there had been a near fatal shooting where i normally park, none of it actually bothered me as i was not directly involved just had a night or two ruined over gun violence. I guess we love our guns in CT and dont mind using them, i cant say if its more or less then anywhere else in the NE.

Also where i work i find crack pipes and lately a lot of wax bags and needles... I work in a residential area known for its drug use though, which was awesome because i could get crack and dope delivered to the parking lot at work (clean now; still could my coworker uses and that allows me to literally see and speak to my former crack dealer but that part of my life is over)

Not to derail the thread im sure i have a few other stories but those are the two that stand out. Also I never worried about crack smoke because as other said only those who smoke crack will know what crack smells like.

Status
Not open for further replies.