• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack Cocaine - Freebase Megathread

Crack IS pure coke, theoretically
The coke you snort is a salt. It has a hydrogen donated from H-Cl but cocaine base (crack) does not have the hydrogen

When you react cocaine HCl with baking soda, you should see bubbles forming. This is carbon dioxide leaving in the form of a gas, that's where the baking soda is going. It turned into a gas and any excess will be left in the water while the cocaine base turns into an oil that is not water soluble

The salt form is water soluble which is why you can snort or inject it
Ughhh either I’m not explaining correctly and yall are misunderstanding exactly what I’m asking or I’m just dumb. Understand I have zero knowledge of chemistry or any of that stuff. It sounds to me like you’re saying crack is actually more pure than powder cocaine, and with less bs in it. And if that is the case, why do people cook it down even more? What I’m trying to figure out is, how does it become or stay “crack”. What is holding all that coke together and making it hard? I’m not new to it, I’ve been smoking and IVing for years. I just never bothered to learn what’s actually going on with the product

Ughhh either I’m not explaining correctly and yall are misunderstanding exactly what I’m asking or I’m just dumb. Understand I have zero knowledge of chemistry or any of that stuff. It sounds to me like you’re saying crack is actually more pure than powder cocaine, and with less bs in it. And if that is the case, why do people cook it down even more? What I’m trying to figure out is, how does it become or stay “crack”. What is holding all that coke together and making it hard? I’m not new to it, I’ve been smoking and IVing for years. I just never bothered to learn what’s actually going on with the product
powder cocaine does not have any bs (if you mean baking soda) in it at all, usually

your question has already been answered in this thread - the freebase is an oil which hardens to a solid, it is produced by stripping the hcl molecule from the the cocaine hcl via reacting the cocaine hcl with an alkali like ammonia or baking soda.

There's a ton of info about this all over the internet. Cheers

Its being held together by intermolecular interactions, mostly hydrophobic interactions is my guess but I could be wrong. Crack can be more pure, that's right. When the base is formed some of the cuts may not go along with the cocaine and will be left in the water but this depends on the method used to make it. If you're water whipping or cooking in a spoon (methods where you don't take the crack from the water after) everything will stay in the crack but if you use a method where the reaction is done in a bunch of water then anything water soluble will stay in the water and anything that gets converted to the non water soluble form (like is being done to the cocaine itself) will separate

You know how oil and water don't mix? Oil floats on top of water, right? That's because water forms hydrogen bonds with itself, this hydrogen bonding will exclude molecules that cannot form hydrogen bonds. A requirement for hydrogen bond forming is the presence of dipoles or ionic charges which cocaine lacks once you get rid of the HCl

Bonding-in-water.jpg

cocaine.jpg

See how the one on the right has a charge on the nitrogen? That's the water solubility magic

powder cocaine does not have any bs (if you mean baking soda) in it at all, usually

your question has already been answered in this thread - the freebase is an oil which hardens to a solid, it is produced by stripping the hcl molecule from the the cocaine hcl via reacting the cocaine hcl with an alkali like ammonia or baking soda.

There's a ton of info about this all over the internet. Cheers
By bs I mean filler…cut…whatever you want to call it. It ridiculous to think any of us are getting pure, unadulterated cocaine. I mean suppliers and dealers gotta make their money

Its being held together by intermolecular interactions, mostly hydrophobic interactions is my guess but I could be wrong. Crack can be more pure, that's right. When the base is formed some of the cuts may not go along with the cocaine and will be left in the water but this depends on the method used to make it. If you're water whipping or cooking in a spoon (methods where you don't take the crack from the water after) everything will stay in the crack but if you use a method where the reaction is done in a bunch of water then anything water soluble will stay in the water and anything that gets converted to the non water soluble form (like is being done to the cocaine itself) will separate

You know how oil and water don't mix? Oil floats on top of water, right? That's because water forms hydrogen bonds with itself, this hydrogen bonding will exclude molecules that cannot form hydrogen bonds. A requirement for hydrogen bond forming is the presence of dipoles or ionic charges which cocaine lacks once you get rid of the HCl

Bonding-in-water.jpg

cocaine.jpg

See how the one on the right has a charge on the nitrogen? That's the water solubility magic
I’m just retarded I guess. My brain is fried brother. I do understand I little better, and appreciate yall taking the time to explain it. In short, be fucking careful with any form of cocaine, and learn to cook on my own lol!

By bs I mean filler…cut…whatever you want to call it. It ridiculous to think any of us are getting pure, unadulterated cocaine. I mean suppliers and dealers gotta make their money
nope, there's plenty of excellent and very pure cocaine for sale on planet earth for sure, I guarantee that 100%. Depends on who ya know, as always

some crack has less cuts in it, some crack has plenty of cut left in it - it depends on the cut and if it freebases or not

That's a question of the chemistry of whatever cut is being used. Some cuts won't undergo the reaction and will be left in the water but some will. That part is a bit of a gamble so unless you know exactly what cuts are being used its difficult to tell.

There are some methods of removing cuts like acetone washes, ether washes, and doing A/B extractions. Iirc cocaine HCl is insoluble or minimally soluble in dry (no water) acetone and ether but some cuts are so you can dissolve some cuts with those solvents while leaving the cocaine behind. Also when forming freebase, some cuts will form their base before (or after) cocaine base forms so if you time it right you can discard the cut bases while keeping the coke base.

This is due to the pka of the compounds you're dealing with. pka is simply a measure of how easily a molecule will give up the hydrogen and form the base, some do it more or less readily than cocaine so ones that give it up more easily form base before the cocaine does and can be discarded. There's no really good way to tell besides intuition after lots of practice if you don't have access to analytical instrumentation. If the base forming at first doesn't seem like normal coke base to you, you can set it aside from the mixture and then continue basifying

Had a question. When cooking with soda.
Anyways I had a few times where it just didn't separate. Anyways when dried out in the spoon it turned almost mushy. Anyways when heated back up it liquefied.
I tried today with that same issue, but decided to add more baking soda. Anyways it separated.
Was that my issue all along? Not adding enough soda?

Had a question. When cooking with soda.
Anyways I had a few times where it just didn't separate. Anyways when dried out in the spoon it turned almost mushy. Anyways when heated back up it liquefied.
I tried today with that same issue, but decided to add more baking soda. Anyways it separated.
Was that my issue all along? Not adding enough soda?
Anyways sometimes you’ve got to experiment. Experience is always the best teacher. Anyways.

Another question, so I'm still fairly new and feel like I'm wasting alot still due to my lighter game being weak.
When you hols it an inch above the flame do you puff every time you hit the heat? Or do you do you do one solid pull through out every go of the lighter.
Also me being so fresh is it easier for me to do a push? Or clean every so grams?
How also do I know I'm over doing it on the heat?
Also do you think it's beneficial to do lines every so often while hitting a session.

Another question, so I'm still fairly new and feel like I'm wasting alot still due to my lighter game being weak.
When you hols it an inch above the flame do you puff every time you hit the heat? Or do you do you do one solid pull through out every go of the lighter.
Also me being so fresh is it easier for me to do a push? Or clean every so grams?
How also do I know I'm over doing it on the heat?
Also do you think it's beneficial to do lines every so often while hitting a session.
I rarely used stems so cannot help with that

When you more than likely soon become addicted you won't want lines at all anymore. In tre meantime anything that gets you to smoke less crack is likely to be good news, so in that way it could be beneficial

As you're still 'fairly new' to crack I cannot not say this. Do yourself a massive favour. Consider quitting right now before it takes your mental health, your physical health, your financial health, your future prospects, your close relationships and your self respect. Don't think it won't happen to you, it's happened to millions who also thought the same. Nothing good ever came from freebase cocaine, it's basically the devil. Big love tho' mate, no disrespect intended

Yeah its been a hurdle the last month. Really need to finish this and be done for a while.
Just was curious about the questions.
I appreciate the concern, and totally see how this takes over your life.

Men my Granny just told me there is a new drug crack. Dementia or media influence.

What is weird that Crack is a synonym for Cocaine reacted with Baking Soda. While Freebase refers to a method using Ammoniak. And that's been around before my birth probably.

What is levamisole?

Levamisole is an anthelmintic medication currently only licensed in the United States and Canada for use in veterinary medicine, due to reports of adverse events including agranulocytosis (severely decreased white blood cell count), facial retiform purpura and serological abnormalities in humans.

Levamisole was used in humans in the 1960s as a prescribed appetite suppressant [1,2]. It was also used as an immune-modulating agent for treatment of lichen planus, paediatric nephrotic syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis after its approval by the US Food and Drug Administration in 1991.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cocaine Distribution

Illegal drug distribution begins in South America, specifically Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, and Chile. Colombian traffickers likely transport cocaine into Mexico, which is then smuggled into the United States.

Cocaine is sold in multiple kilogram bricks to wholesale distributors, who sell the product to upper-level distributors. Upper-level distributors control the smuggling and financing of cocaine.

Cutting Agents & Purity

Before cocaine is sold to smaller dealers, the following adulterants may be added:

• levamisole
  • tetramisole
  • phenacetin
  • lidocaine
  • caffeine
  • diltiazem
  • hydroxyzine
  • benzocaine
It’s a cattle dewormer. There’s tiny bits in cocaine if any. The pictures of it altering faces was all fake, cocaine didn’t really effect parasites and they just used levamisole because it was probably already there in large quantities or it’s hard to purify cocaine and remove it so it adds weight. You have to do heptane pulls after turning cocaine into a base and back into a salt. It’s in the cocaine hand book and it’s downloadable or it was.

They use whatever is hard to remove, you can melt cocaine to make it pure though.

I've come across some questionable cocaine. It does numb my mouth but can't really get me high. I was curious if trying to turn it into crack using the baking soda method I could check if it's real cocaine. So let's hypothetically this is lidocaine or some other common local anesthetic adulterant, if I do the baking soda procedure as if it was cocaine, will I still get that oil that floats on the surface and then solidifies as it cools or no?

[LhoátQUOTE="Mandelin, post: 15959471, member: 580579"]
I've come across some questionable cocaine. It does numb my mouth but can't really get me high. I was curious if trying to turn it into crack using the baking soda method I could check if it's real cocaine. So let's hypothetically this is lidocaine or some other common local anesthetic adulterant, if I do the baking soda procedure as if it was cocaine, will I still get that oil that floats on the surface and then solidifies as it cools or no?
[/QUOTE]

Lots of other drugs will turn to base. Doesn't mean it is cocaine.

Only if you were used to washing there are some signs. Like a shimmering on top of the oil imo seems to be benzocaine. But ultimately there are so many other cuts that even washing with ammonia shows not everything. Washing with benzocaine shows even less truth.

ive been smoking rock for 10 years now, and its amazing to see how the quality and taste differs in different parts of the country. So far, the best shit ive had was from Detroit (What a suprise!, drugs are one of the best parts of visiting Detroit). It has that beautiful, barely cut taste with a very intense ringer as long as you dont end up with the shit thats cut with ambisol. Usually the size is pretty good too, unless somebody trys to pass off a nick for a dime, but that might just be "white tax", if you know what I mean. The stuff I had in N. Carolina is either cut to doom, or nobody knows how to cook it right because its harsh, hurts your lungs, almost never yields a ringer and is in general disappointing, but then again since theres virtually no H down there, I needed something to pass the time besides bud. The stuff I had in New Mexico falls somewhere in the middle and it can give you the nice ringer, but it seems to burn up quick and have no comeback. Then again, maybe they plan to make it like that to keep people coming back, since theres no push. Glass pipes are better in my opinion compared to metal, since you can see where the resin is moving around and you can better set flame to it, but I have had a few sockets that rocked my world. I would think you would be wasting a lot with a big , ass bottle like I seen a picture of earlier in this thread, but then again maybe you use a different technique than me. I definately endorse the technique explained in the first post of the thread. I know theres a way to recook your rock on a spoon and take some cut out of it using water and lighting the spoon, also slowly stirring it, but i always fuck it up , so it would be cool if somebody posted the right way to do it to help us all. I noticed some other drugs you guys mentioned like mdpv, that i have never heard of, so rather than littering this post, ill do some research on my own, but im jealous of you UK guys, it seems like you get a lot of stuff we cant get here in the states. It limits us to our cocaine, but thats not so bad i guess
Id use the right amount of soda so it foams up then turns back into water. once its hard,refreshen the water and recook one or two more times. It
works for me. Sometimes its gooey, it just takes abit longer to harden but once it does its dence and goo, tastes better, too. You can still smoke the goo while you wait lol

Always had a question about oil and water. I usually cook small amounts (less than 1/4 g) with baking soda and water. Sometimes in a spoon, but better in a glass vial, or even a test tube if I'm lucky enough to have one. I used to worry about the small glass vials breaking if I hit it too hard with a lighter, but rarely if ever seems to be a problem. The slightly taller vials with plastic screw caps seem best, hopefully clear because the brown ones are harder to see into to watch how things are progressing. Consistently good enough results to keep me coming back!

But why does the oil (base) float on top when using a spoon, yet sink to the bottom (typically in a nice, easy to handle ball) in a vial? Same gear, same soda, same water. Any idea why?

I'm sure the answer is here in this thread. So I'll definitely give it a good read when I have time.

I'm going to make a batch of spoon crack for the first time and have a gram of decent. I've read anywhere from .3-.2 soda per gram of blow.

This is some of the better stuff i've had in years and it dissolves pretty cleanly when mixed with water.

Should I add on the low side for the soda? Split the difference and go .25? I'm going to go low and slow and really take my time.