Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

countries most obvious differences in drug culture

smooch0

Bluelighter
what do you guys think are the most obvious differences in our drug culture compared to other places? %) lol

Our culture often smokes shit weed through a filthy springer bong, clearing the cone and calls it "kuta shit".

We aren't a nation of dumbarse's who overdose on OxyContin (cough North America cough), plus we have a pretty relaxed outlook on life.

Drug culture?

We usually smoke weed/take pills (shitty 15% MDMA pills) on weekends.

It varies, I see no point in the creation of this thread.

CLOSED.

Most kids can't roll a proper spliff if their life depended on it.

Few people will test their pills and still believe heroin is used in a lot of pills.

Australians think vb, xxxx or tooheys are good enough to be snobby about which one they will or won't drink

Most are weak as piss and are easily swayed by peer pressure

Certain places in the middle east consider drinking alcohol a crime- you have to find someone you can trust and meet them out at night to get say, a fifth of vodka.
On the other hand, in some of these places, it is perfectly socially okay to say, chew on the Khat plant (it's a cathonine, YAY!) at bars and such. Opium is readily available as well, in certain places.
Even tobacco issues differ from country to county- a lot of the world smokes Kretek cigarettes (like Djarums) and here in the states, the FDA put a legal ban on the selling of clove ciggies, (something about flavored tobacco being appealing to children or some such bullshit, not even joking). Keep in mind however, we still have Menthols. You can still buy clove CIGARS, but they don't taste the same, kinda gross if ya' ask me.

Anyways, a lot of times our drinking problems are noticed more and more around the world sometimes more than anything else.

we call a bong a cone..

we sometimes refer to cannabis/marijuana as 'mull' (to my knowledge, no other country does)

meth is a more high class drug here when comparing it to countries such as the U.S.A where its deem more of a 'white trash' drug

'spinning' our sessions (cannabis) is more the norm here apposed to over seas, not many countries do..

Australia's HR policy is much higher overall when compared to say, the states.. (Eg. you can buy fit packs at nearly any chemist, we have needle exchange programs which are full of information and guidance.. its very hard to find clean, sterile needles in the states apprently)

australia = bucket bongs :eek:

agree with pisspot's comment about meth in australia compared to USA. seems to cross the social strata here, much like ecstasy did before pills went to shit.
i think all the anti-bong legislation is a step away from HR, but certainly we used to have a proud history of harm minimisation.

i think most of australia's drug cultures are pretty embarrassing when compared to say north america or parts of europe - lots of people here just wanna get "fucked up". the apparent continuation of a pill market seems to be evidence of this.
having said that, there are some savvy cats that know their shit too :)

Yea, our drug culture seems to be more backwards in terms of casual users knowing about harm minimisation, buying shitty pills without testing and just the general 'get fucked up' attitude.

NZ's drug culture was mostly bud and meth being the doc, kinda similar to here I guess. We pay out of our asses for mediocre product. My group of friends in aus are much more educated about drug use than my nz counterparts though, more responsible too. Well, as responsible as recreational drug users can be anyway :p

We will do meth or speed but we won't touch ice!

The "double drop" is pretty iconic in Adelaide.

when i have ever smoked a bong with an american and some europeans they seems amazed that i smoke it it one go, bongs are communal similar to a joint from what i gather in other countries as opposed to ripping it it one go

we also pay a lot more for our chemicals than most other places, most europeans i meet are horrified at the cost of drugs here

we also have little to no fear of the legal consequences of our recreational drug use like people do it a lot of other countries

all in all, i i like australias drug culture, the fact i have smoked weed everyday for over half my life and had no fear of legal consequence outweighs the expensive and shitty quality of our chemicals

Where I lived in EU most people dont even know what a bong is but on the other hand they roll the best joints u could ever imagine.

Where I lived in EU most people dont even know what a bong is but on the other hand they roll the best joints u could ever imagine.

thats true, trumpet style euro joints are a joy.My personal shame, after 16 years of smoking weed i couldn't roll i spliff to save my life

more of a WA thing than an Australia wide thing in my experience

sure i have smoked some bucket bongs in vic, but its more of a novelty, in the 6 months i spent in WA it seemed the norm
It was invented in Brisbane. When I lived on res our cleaner would change the bucket water once a week

^ wow.
yeah, i don't smoke buckets but it is fairly common amongst certain wa stoner communities. have never really know about whether other parts of country used them also.
on the subject of cannabis cultures in australia, john birmingham's dopeland is a really good read. he talks about the bucket bong as a uniquely australian phenomenon, and i think it is consistent with what a few of us are saying about australian drug culture more widely; crude, informal, focussed on getting fucked up.

^ wow.
yeah, i don't smoke buckets but it is fairly common amongst certain wa stoner communities. have never really know about whether other parts of country used them also.
on the subject of cannabis cultures in australia, john birmingham's dopeland is a really good read. he talks about the bucket bong as a uniquely australian phenomenon, and i think it is consistent with what a few of us are saying about australian drug culture more widely; crude, informal, focussed on getting fucked up.

John Birmingham is awesome in general, he died with a falafel in his hands and the tasmananian babes fiasco, plus with book about australian dope culture are all great.

Tasmanian babes fiasco has to be one of the funniest pieces of australian fiction i have read

sorry to digress, i should stay focused on more productive topics like drug culture (jk)