COUNTDOWN2K2 - March 23rd - Key Skate, NYC

sounds like fun babe :) ... well... I am officialy on my way to countdown leaving now everyone drive safe see you there!

Offical Meetup Spot
next to the DJ booth in the couches in the jungle room. There will be a green sigh pinkish lettering saying Bluelight.nu
Times: 11 & 3[/QB]
Alright then...couches are definitely good. ;) I don't know anything about the place, but this seems like it'll be easy to find, and in case anyone missed princess lolita's post, there it is again. We'll swing by the other places too, like the mirror hall or whatever else was mentioned earlier, cause I've talked to BLers who didn't post here and that's what they talked about...so just in case anyone there, will try to get them too. I'll try to sneak in a permanent marker with me, but doubt that'll work. We'll figure something out. Alright, I still have bunch of shit to do before the party...but will see all of you tonight, basically!!! ;)
[ 23 March 2002: Message edited by: Xplore ]

My battle plan is to stay mostly in the Jungle room. I plan on leaving it only for Spacegirl and perhaps Nostrum.
And of course I'll prolly be chillin' outside alot too.
See ya'll there.

ok i will go to the jungle room at 11 and 3 and look for tha couch. i will have a red tank top on with a phat trible symbol on it and i will also have a name tag on the back of my shirt, i will try to bring name tags and a marker in. can't wait to see u guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww yeah first post back from the party. I thought the music was awesome, and Im glad I got a chance to dance with my man Teddy! Mad chill party everyone was just kind of hanging out. Definitley a nice 'season opener'. now.... sleep....

WOW its been like too weeks since I posted last. Sorry my comps been broke. It happens.
The music at this party was awesome but as for everything else...IT SUCKED!!! Too crowded and not a good vibe at all. Everywhere you went too you had to wait in line to get there and prolly got shoved by everyone who was passing by.
I went with my nyjunglebunnie who is just as perfect as usual in case you were wondering. I saw Teddy, Maui, and Scary there. Good seein all you guys. I've come to the conclusion that scary is actually a pretty cool kid. I was a bit iffy about him at first but I like ya skipper.
I only stayed till like 3:30 but I was content with the amount of DJ's I saw. Nostrum was awesome as was J Smooth. He is my god afterall. But I couldn't take bein in that place anymore.
Well I will see all you cool cats around (oh yeah...I'm the man...j/k). Peesh in the Middle East.

Well the night started out great, my crew met up at Penn first, there was like 20 of us. Once everyone got inside we all split up. I felt like I spent most of my time trying to push my way through the crowd, it was like a 20 minute fight just to get into the jungle room.
Did anyone see that guy during Spacegirl's set who was way to fucked up and she had his shirt off and his pants around his ankles and he was screaming something weird, then he dropped his boxers and was standing there with his dick hanging out while everyone around him just stared speechless cuz no one knew how to react. Haha I took a pic of that fool...well eventually after Spacegirl was done I was nex to the skate rental bar thing and I saw 4 security guards carying him out, one at each foot and hand, with his pants still at his ankles, they had him hog tied and he was screaming and cursing at them...it was fucking funny.
Unfortunatly I didnt make it too any of the meetups cuz I didn't feel like fighting my way through the crowd. The music was sick, the crowd sucked, I saw a lot of people I knew though so that was cool. At first I was pissed cuz I didn't buy my ticket in advance, but then I saw the ticket holder line and was glad I didn't have a ticket, the line moved pretty quickly.
Gmni13 and Xena It was cool bumping into you guys on the train and hanging out I had a lot of fun.
Charl-e-j Sorry we didn't get to really chill together but I'm glad I saw you.
I was pissed that I had to leave early at 3:30 but I'm thankful that I was able to go at all...oh well that crowd was a bit much anyway.
Now getting home was hell....we were talking to some kids from the party on the subway and we missed our stop by about 30 blocks so we waited for a subway to go back, that took forever so we decided to take a cab there instead...the cab drops us off at some street corner where my sister says her car is and we couldn't find it, it took us forever walking aroud that area to finally find it then she realizes her cell phone is missing, so we call it and it was left in the cab, so we had to wait there for 45 minutes for the cab to come drive it back to us...Then we were finally on our way and we made it home in 45 minutes. Thank god it wasn't too cold out.

well this is what i said about the party from the beginning
1- the key skate is in NO WAY a premire entertainment complex. it is highly obvious that this party is thrown by money hungry promoters, or else they would have a proper venue.
2- i always say that the bigger the flyer, the worse the party is going to be (unless the size of the flyer is warranted by the lineup)... in this case, the flyer is a book... so what does that tell you?
3- if you go, prepare to feel cattle... i havent been to any of these, but all i hear from others who go is that you are heavily packed in... no room to move, let alone dance.
now do you agree with me?

^^^
1. The Key skate is my favorite venue
2. There's always bad and good parties. There's always different sized fliers. I see no pattern between the two.
3. This Countdown, unlike the last, had the outside area open. Giving us peace and fresh air, and a helluva lot more space. And I had no problem dancing.
--------------back to the topic at hand
We got there at around 7:00. The line didn't move an inch until maybe 9 or so, and I didn't get in until 10:00 or 11:00, I can't remember, but I can believe both.
The music was really good, except fer the hardcore, I don't like hardcore...DJ Ru was a good first set to dance too, then came Rob Gee and I left heh. Pleasurehead I liked. NOstrum spun some weird shit that didn't sound like him. Spacegirl spun some weird new shit too, but it was still good. And WHY did Odi and Kazpa have to spin at 4? I was all fucking BEAT by then! Ugh!
As for the music, was really really good.
As for the crowd, it was nothing spectacularly plurish...I had to bitch some kid out becuase he moshed into me and my friend while we were exiting the jungle room. Its one thing if you bump into someone and pat em on the shoulder in a sorry way. Its another to MOSH into the line getting out of the room and keep dancing like nothing happened. (It'd be funny if that was a BLer huh? WHO WAS IT?!)
Security was kinda loose I thought. But the line didn't move at first cuz EVERYONE was tipping them to bring em to the front of the line.
Overall, a good party.
And it really beat the shit outta me...
The rest...is silence...

hey everyone...i've just decided that if i was ever confused as to what my feelings towards the Key are, this party definately confirmed what the other 5 parties ive been to there have - ten page flyers draws too many stupid people, which leads to overcrowding, and therefore no room to dance, so the music cant be enjoyed, lara gets pissed off, and leaves party at 3:30 with husband connel. Highlights of the party? hmm well jsmooth and nostrum spun awesome sets...kazpa spun my fave song "shake it" which even though sounded like shit cuz of the blown speaker made me smile and force myself a small space on the dancefloor...teddy deserves a hug for cheering this unhappy kitty up :) last bits of entertainment was the guy in his boxers outside of the club who pissed himself...thats one acid trip he ain't coming back from...not to mentioned the other guy a block away dusted and shrooming who had to be held down by his friends...yawn...so that was that...another evening where a disappointing party wasted my money and energy...atleast i got some party favors and now i can go clean my room and do my school work...sorry if my rantings sound cranky i havent slept yet...
~Lara

just got home ughh... i haven't slept yet it's like 4pm and i can't wait to take a shower was great hanging out with prov, and teddy and his brother... FIRST TIME ROLLING, i'm glad he had fun. i got to meet Xplore to but thats the only person i met wish i had met everyone elts... if you saw the kid running around in the whare wolf mask that'd ben me :) told ya teddy Old skool :)
the party was fun i had a blast fucking with tripping kids and rolling puddles only way i could discribe how i felt in the jungle room is this... "People complain about how Jungleists look mad all the time or are jaded... BUT the reason they prolly look pissed is beause they're trying to FUCKING dance and you standing/walking/sitting in the friggen way" :) there i've had my grumpyness out i just was getting so annoyed of people being like "hey look these people are trying to dance i think i'll walk right through them and trip them up" *SiGH* oh well. well i was sober this whole party and the whole time home i've ben away since 11:30 yesterday and as i look at the clock it's now 4:06 wich to me means that i should get my ass into bed ;) oh and Teddy you know you like my way og getting through lines fast "*gag* *gag* i'm gonna puke get outta the way! *gag* *gag*" i could get to the main room from the jungle/hardcore room in like 5 seconds flat... *w00t* silly ravers :D Night everyone!
**>Scary

trixee Did anyone see that guy during Spacegirl's set who was way to fucked up and she had his shirt off and his pants around his ankles and he was screaming something weird, then he dropped his boxers and was standing there with his dick hanging out while everyone around him just stared speechless cuz no one knew how to react. Haha I took a pic of that fool...well eventually after Spacegirl was done I was nex to the skate rental bar thing and I saw 4 security guards carying him out, one at each foot and hand, with his pants still at his ankles, they had him hog tied and he was screaming and cursing at them...it was fucking funny.
i saw him get grabed by security... i figured it was because of drugs seeing how as soon as they carry'd the guy off me and my friends took our feet only like 8 full baggies.... Mmmm Mystery Drug bags :) tobad i was doing the sober thing again last night. well shower is callin' na-night

That was an awesome party! Thanks to Xplore for the ride, made things much easier. Music was sweet. I stayed in the far room (with Spacegirl etc) most of the time, wondering around dancing with different people. I liked the vibe in that room, except for when that dude was like strip searched by four security guards. Pretty disturbing. Anyway, cool party. Peace...

well, i still haven't slept yet... right befor i got in the shower i called my X to tell her i made it home safe and found out that she was in the hospital from taking a bunch of pills... i fliped out and drove there (lucky it's close by) i get there and wait.. and saw her found out she ate like 30 asprin and had asprin poisoning(i don't know what the technical term is) she got upset about her fucking boy friend(a peice of shit) any ways she is feeling better and all the Dr's think she'll be fine they're only worried about there being liver damage and she also has a ringing in her ear's that makes everything sound dull because of it... the dr's don't know if that will ever go away or not... her boyfriend's lucky i'm not going to kill him... the fucker wouldn't even take her to the hospital... God i wish i had come straight home from the party :( oh well she's going to pull through she's strong... goodnight(again) everyone.
**>Scary

Without a doubt this is the best party venue in NY!!!!
And the music was MIND-BLOWING!!!!
My favorite set was the Frankie Bones/Heather Heart tag team. They dropped a lot of old school Brooklyn Techno tracks from the 97-98 era.
I really would wish that Frankie Bones could spin like that all the time!
The middle room was very impressive as well, there wasn't a single DJ in there that I didn't like. And the sound system was very decent.
The vibe & the crowd were mad cool. I met some heads that I haven't seen since Brass Monkey 4 in December of 2000.
Security was almost non-existant for me! I didn't get searched or bitched at for sitting in the wrong area.
And by the way, The Bluelight meetup spot that ypu guys planned out was Horrible!!!!
It was mad dark in the jungle room, making it nearly impossible finding a green sign.
However, the best meetup spot at future KEY SKATE ARENA events should be the PAYPHONE near the entrance. I passed by the spot 10 times throughout the night and nobody used it. Plus it was in a bright and non crowded area!
Charle-J - It was cool to meet you, short conversation though but thanks for the other bluelighter descriptions!
GTI Raver- You ended up meeting me during the last hour by teddy. I was the guy wearing the Black Sweater and Khaki wide leg pants!
By the way are you Italian???
Xena & Gmni13 - I tried looking for both of you but no luck. Maybe next time!
PKat - I think there may have been 10 other people with the same exact outfit that u decribed on Bluelight that night!
Speeka Phreekah (Teddy)- Man, it was mad cool to finally catch up with you even though, no one knew where you were! Next time we chill again, hopefully Boo 6 I'll show you some more of my popping techniques.
Even the battling was dope! Now you know why I love Techno so much!! You can totally feel the bass!!!!
And for everyone else......
PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL NY TECHNO SCENE
:)