• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Could Pseudoephedrine help with Ritalin withdrawal?

I have developed a huge Ritalin addiction in the past few months, currently consuming at least 300-500 mgs a day by plugging, which has the highest bioavailability other than IV. My dosage has increased unbelievably fast and I cannot afford the amount I am taking, it costs more than my salary already, so I've burnt up all my savings already.
I am looking for a substitute to take alongside it so I can take less Ritalin without withdrawal symptoms. Adderall is not found in my country, Vyvanse and modafinil cost the same, I tried Piracetam and it did nothing, would Pseudoephedrine help? I can buy it cheap. Does it have similar effects to Ritalin? For example can I take 100 mgs of Ritalin and whatever mgs of Pseudoephedrine and feel the same as I do with 300 mgs of Ritalin?
Now to the issue of pseudoephedrine.

Taking it in any significant amount that could offset your Ritalin abuse is going to cause you ridiculous cardiovascular issues. Combining it with Ritalin may cause stroke.

There's a reason that pseudoephedrine is limited to 240 mg a day and a max individual dose of 120 mg. Anything more than that causes severe palpitations, arrhythmia, potential cardiac arrest and stroke.

It will cause severe palpitations and arrhythmia. It's not that it may, it will.

Ephedrine is even worse with respect to cardiovascular issues. Significant vasoconstriction throughout your whole body. Much stronger effect than pseudoephedrine.

Mixing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine with the ridiculously high doses of ritalin that you are using is a recipe for a heart attack or a stroke.

Sourcing isn't allowed here, and I'm not sure if you mean you're just tired a lot or if you're really diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, in which case stimulants can't really do much good for you. If you really wanted to try an upper then try pseudoephedrine since it's an amphetamine, combine with coffee or something if you really want a pick me up. But yeah you're not gonna have any luck finding sources on this forum or pretty much anywhere on the light web. Using the dark web for ritalin sounds too sketchy anyway especially since you're just trying to battle fatigue. If you really do have cfs you should look into a real treatment.

Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine are also stimulants related fairly closely to stimulants like Amphetamine and Methylphenidate to name two common ones.

However, Ephedrine is not a central nervous system stimulant. I'd consider it to be a superior stimulant to caffeine. However, that superiority I would say is pretty negligible. Let's put these on a continuum from 1-10.

1 - Caffeine

1.5. Ephedrine

6 - Methylphenidate

10 - Methamphetamine

This is a huge oversimplification. The primary takeaway is that Ephedrine is a peripheral nervous stimulant very much in the same league as Caffeine. It's stimulant effect could certainly be beneficial for someone lacking energy due to withdrawal from a stronger stimulant, but it's not going to be anything like a true solution.

I wouldn't go out of your way just to get Ephedrine either if you already have coffee in your cupboard. It's just more money and your name on a registry each time. That part is up to you.

Replying to this kind of late but skullcap contains an alkaloid called Oroxylin A that acts as a DRI with similar efficacy to methylphenidate/Ritalin. Could be worth a try as a legal/OTC option.