• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Could heavy marijuana cause withdrawals?

Normally when people talk about "withdrawal" the drug they're referring to, hits your dopamine system. It's not addictive in the way that most drugs are, but it can temporarily give you cannabinoid deficiency/imbalance because your body produces less endocannabinoids in the presence of THC. If you already have problems with your cannabinoid system, you're more likely to have a mild form of withdrawal, but some people experience none whatsoever.

I remember begging my mother one day for $10 so I can cop a dime bag, I was having some crazy withdrawals.

Withdrawals on Cannabis, are real.

I remember begging my mother one day for $10 so I can cop a dime bag, I was having some crazy withdrawals.

Withdrawals on Cannabis, are real.

For some weed is very addictive. I have used a fair cocaine and heroin in my day and never really found them nearly as mentally addictive as weed.

Some interesting research in here --- > http://www.cbdscience.com.
I've been looking into non psychoactive thca for pain, but probably won't use it unless I am out of options. One can use tincture with a CBD 0.00. Unless heated of course. Cannabis is the one drug I didn't need treatment for nor recollect much of a physical withdrawal, although it does happen as some have mentioned above with heavy long term use

A friend of mine smoked an immense amount for a long time, and actually did a 28 day program just for cannabis. He did have some withdrawals, but mostly mental.

Last edited:
Weed- from a physical standpoint, is one of the few drugs you can quit cold turkey without the worry of shitting yourself, siexzures and possibly dying.

One of the few drugs? This is an absolute myth. Most recreational drugs don't cause physical addiction or produce physiological withdrawal (let alone death). The only drugs that do seem to cause physical addiction and withdrawal are, in almost every instance, either opioidergics (to wit; heroin, ketobemidone, morphine) or GABAergics (e.g., benzodiazepines, barbiturates, alcohol, quinazolinones).

Practically every other drug (including cocaine, methamphetamine, PCP, mescaline, MDMA, alkyl nitrites, LSD, cannabis, and all their respective relatives) only produce psychological withdrawal syndromes (consisting of, for example, depression, insomnia, changes in appetite, and so forth).

I'm not sure about other/most people, but I was an extremely heavy smoker when I was younger. I quit at 17-18 (15yrs ago) and it was one of the hardest thing's I've ever gone through. I quit, because I started having Severe anxiety, paranoia and Constant, Severe brain fog which was bad enough... but when I quit all of them things got worse temporarily and I was hit with the most Severe depression I think a person could go through. It was HELL!!! Fortunately it didn't last forever though. It took a long time (years) for some of the symptoms to go away, but they did and I'm glad I haven't smoked since.

I know some people say that weed "isn't a drug" or that it's "not addictive", but it is (especially if you're a very heavy smoker for a long period of time). I believe that people not only become physically dependent on it, but that it is truly addictive as well (I just want to note that physical dependence is not the same as addiction. They are 2 completely different things).

On the other hand, I think the weed dealer I went to may have "spiked" the weed that I got from him. It was the cheapest weed on the planet, but it got me extremely high, even after my trip to Jamaica when no other weed would work. That could be an explanation to the severe withdrawals that I had. Chemicals (like Raid bug spray for example) can be extremely addictive and his weed did taste and smell like "dryer sheets".

IMO, WD from cannabis to be much prolonged and stronger (two weeks, with odd feelings lasting one to three months!) than WDs from synthetics like ab-fubinaca (one to three days). I always attributed this to the fat-soluble nature of natural cannabinoids. I found piracetam and semax help quite a bit. (Piracetam also helps with Ketamine/PCP/DXM/MXE WD dramatically)

Yeah, like most people have basically said, physical dependency and addiction are two different things. A physically addictive substance like alcohol will tend to have common physiological withdrawal symptoms depending on the severity of the body's dependency on it.

Psychological addiction can definitely also cause physical and mental withdrawal symptoms. It just tends to be less dangerous, and varies depending on the person. I've personally never experienced any issues when I don't smoke weed, and I've been smoking heavily for years. At the same time, I've known plenty of people who've had almost as hard of a time quitting weed as I did when I got over a severe physical addiction to alcohol.

It's truly amazing how much of an effect the human mind can have on your entire body based solely on the comfort of routine and desire.

Cannabis is not addictive you need to go outside once in a while you dirty druggies

Cannabis is not addictive you need to go outside once in a while you dirty druggies

why don't you get a life rather than trying to troll a bunch of "dirty druggies".

take a moment and consider your life right now...

^^^^so hope that becomes a permanent ban

I was pretty much baked for the better much of 18 years and could never quit or enjoy things without being stoned. Not sure if that is because I started smoking when I was a kid, but it was a habit. I used to smoke tobacco and it is similar, but in the end not nearly as bad. I went into rehab for opiates and benzo's and I had no intention at all of quitting pot, I remember saying to someone there "you'll never see anyone in this place for just weed", than no crap the next day a dude got admitted for weed addiction. When I left I didn't feel like smoking anymore which was great. I'll smoke occasionally now and I have no desire to make it a regular thing again.

I know two people who went to Rehab for cannabis addiction. One of the guys I met at Rehab who went for cannabis, just could not stop blazing, since he sold the stuff he would smoke about 2-3 grams a day of Medical Grade a day. It can happen, especially with high %thc bud.

I smoked pot all day everyday for 15 years and the only thing I could call withdraw was boredom. However when I got into opiates and benzos that's a whole nother world. boredom is the same though. There seems to be a huge age gap between this forum and other drugs lol.

So am I. I was a heavy smoker for many years but when I wasn't smoking for a day or two I haven't had any WD's . Well.. maybe I felt fatigue the next day but it felt like I'm little high on something else. So no withdrawals for me whatsoever

anything you put into your body for a long period of time you become dependent on it. marijuana withdrawal isn't bad but for a frequent/daily user it is awful (irritated, vivid dreams, lack of appetite, etc.). just get past the first three days then the rest will fall into place. trust me.

No, I'm 15 live in Colorado, and I was going through a half ounce a week of some loud!! And was recently arrested and put on probation (different story) but anyways I would smoke like 3 times a day. And when I had to quit I had no withdrawal symptoms from weed. Maybe the mental thing. I wanted to smoke weed, but I psychically didn't have to. I was fine. I didn't smoke for 10 months. Formc

No, I'm 15 live in Colorado, and I was going through a half ounce a week of some loud!! And was recently arrested and put on probation (different story) but anyways I would smoke like 3 times a day. And when I had to quit I had no withdrawal symptoms from weed. Maybe the mental thing. I wanted to smoke weed, but I psychically didn't have to. I was fine. I didn't smoke for 10 months. Bc of probation and court. You'll be fine

your 15. you should be nowhere near cannabis. Your still WAY too young. Jesus.