• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

correct way of shooting coke?

onlyone3232

Ex-Bluelighter
ive tried meth, e, acid, weed, dxm, nitrous, opiates, benzos & the list goes on. but ive never tried coke
i might be getting some coke soon. I plan to snort some to get the strength of it & than IV some.

I read somewhere on I iBL that u should only use 25 units of so while shooting coke. (ive only shot meth,h & oxy before)

unfortunately I cant find the link of the thread where i think one of the mods said to only use 25 units.
why do u only use 25 units for?
what's wrong with using the typical 100 units?

im guessing a good starting dose would be 100mg. which i'll snort to begin with & than shoot maybe 100mg. does that sound about right?
...on the assumption that it's half pure.
i'll probably be chucking in with 2-3 ppl for a gram. (how much do u think i'll need for just one person) do u think that'll be enough. i dont wanna get high the whole night. even just enough to experience it for maybe 1/2h-1h. I just wanna get the feel for it.

i suspect i could handle it easily cuz i could shoot 2 points of ice (shards) without feeling ive had to much if i wanted. Doesnt anyone know the LD50 for coke. i dont wanna od. i'll try to research that one myself (edit: i source says 7.5 grams for someone who weights 75kg so I should be OK & that's IV)

what would be a good amount for someone knew to snort. .1g?
I can handle my drugs ive had 150mg of diaz tonight with 380mg dhc & 400mg codeine & barely feel a thing

thanks

Last edited:
Dont shoot the same amount you snort, shoot less. More like half of the amount you snorted, if that. Remember when you shoot it you are getting 100% of the drug in you blood QUICKLY and its easy to OD. 25 units means nothing more than the volume of water in the syringe. You could have 25 units of water with 1mg of coke in it or 25 units of water with 100mg of coke in it. The amount of water isnt important, the amount of coke is. In my shooting days I would ALWAYS use as little water as I could to make the shot faster, easier, and less likely to come out of the vein than if I was using 100 units (why would anyone want to use that much water?).

Yes 100 units is too much for any shot, if you need that much water you should be using a 3ml syringe. Id use 20-30 units but thats just habit, you could get away with less.

Id say do 50mg first. Ive never shot coke before but I know it is possibly the most dangerous out of all the commonly injected drugs, so just go slow.

Ive heard on here that you really SHOULDNT shoot coke OP...Apparently it can kill you...I think its over in OD..
Please OP i dont think you should shoot your coke...<3

i swear a read somewhere on here that u should only use at most 25 units of water while IVing coke & im not sure why i cant see why it would be different from using 50 units

It makes for an easier, quicker, more efficient injection. Unless you like injecting 4 times the amounth of water necessary, and having to keep the needle exactly in your vein while you take the extended amount of time it takes to push 100 units, or even 50 units. Its all about efficiency.

OK heres what im goin to do. im going to seperate my .5 grams into 5.
im going to snort 100mg to get a feel for it.
after than im going to shoot 100mg every half an hr till i run out & have some valium.

does that sound safe?

i can someone please tell me the BA of snorting coke. I know theres a page on BL here stating different BA of drugs so could a mod help me find it plz. it may stop me from ODing

ok thanks everyone but i found the BA of snorting coke. it's 80%. whatever gets me high snorting it should be approx the same dose when i wanna try shooting it. I just hope 100mg to snort isnt to much.................
someone plz give me a correct dose

Ive heard on here that you really SHOULDNT shoot coke OP...Apparently it can kill you...I think its over in OD..
Please OP i dont think you should shoot your coke...<3
WTF. give me the link plz. plenty of ppl here on BL shoot coke. what about speed balling.
everyones always saying how good it is to shoot coke. are u serious?

ok thanks everyone but i found the BA of snorting coke. it's 80%. whatever gets me high snorting it should be approx the same dose when i wanna try shooting it. I just hope 100mg to snort isnt to much.................
i've read bioavailability figures for insufflated cocaine as low as 30% and as high as 80%. the bioavailability of iv cocaine is, obviously, 100%. as such, you should absolutely not be using "approx the same dose" when injecting it. a recreational dose of iv cocaine would normally be around 40mg. if this is your first time - and it sounds like it is - i'd advise you to go lower and start from there.

alasdair

should just stick with snorting it before trying to IV it if ya not used to it

do u have to cook up the coke on a spoon to help it dissolve?

ice tends to stick to the side of the bag. hope thats not the same with coke. can u just tip approx half onto a spoon?

otherwse i'll just tip half a .1 bag onto a spoon add suck it up with the needle from the spoon.

id prefer to suck it up straight from the bag but if i only need 50mg.....

how much coke would u usually do in a shot alasdairm?

I am assuming you guys are in the states, or at least not the UK, but I can't see the point of telling the OP to shoot 40mgs when we have no idea what the purity of the coke is. In the UK its got really bad and 5% is not uncommon in tests, I dread to think what the rest is made up from these days with all the random RC stimulants we have sloshing around.

It sounds more like maybe half of an effective line or less would be a better piece of advice unless the OP is happy that the coke hasn't been cut although I guess if 40mgs of decent Coke is OK then this would be a good starting point.

Personally I'd be very wary of IV'ing Coke, is Levamisole more dangerous if IV'ed, I guessing so ?

don't do that, insufflated coke may have a high bioavailability but it hits you slowly over a few minutes. Iv cocaine is the whole dose within seconds hitting your heart and brain, thats why it is so easy to od from Iv coke. Personally, especially for someone who doesn't do coke I'd only do a 4th or even less of what I'd snort if I was Iving it. Start with 20mg man and tread carefully because the difference between a bell ringer, and a seizure or stroke or heart attack can literally be 30mgs for an intolerant person. So yea, 100mg shots BAD IDEA start at maybe 25mg and go up 10mg a shot until you at where u wanna be.

Edit. I wouldn't really eyeball a dose outta the bag, maybe make 5 equal aproximately 100mg lines cut on a mirror then take a quarter of 1 of those lines to get aproximately 25 mg or whatever dose u want etc.

Don't use heat or ull just dissolve cuts that shouldn't be iv'd, cocaine will dissolve readily in room temp water, anything that doesn't dissolve readily is a cut. And still use a price of cotton as a filter to filter your shot whEn u suck it into the needle, so that u don't get any of the water non soluble cuts in ur shot.

Last edited:
Shooting coke is like doing a totally different drug. Be VERY careful.

no need to try the needle on ya first time

Last edited:
what happens if ya OD on coke?
when ppl are talking about ODing here. they dont mean dying do they?
obviously they mean getting really restless & uncomfertable cuz the LD50 for coke is like 7g i think

oh i'll probably have valium readily available so i can always use that if i feel a little to jittery or racey. but i was gunna use it during the come down.
umm would valium increase the OD threshold

what happens if ya OD on coke?
when ppl are talking about ODing here. they dont mean dying do they?
obviously they mean getting really restless & uncomfertable cuz the LD50 for coke is like 7g i think

Yes, they mean potentially dying. A cocaine overdose could potentially cause: seizures, major cardiac arrhythmias possibly leading to arrest, respiratory failure, stroke, brain haemorrhaging. The risk of overdose is obviously greater when IVing, and I very much doubt the LD50 is anywhere near 7g for IV. You could be in trouble with doses in the 100s of milligrams. Treat with caution.

oh i'll probably have valium readily available so i can always use that if i feel a little to jittery or racey. but i was gunna use it during the come down.
umm would valium increase the OD threshold

Benzodiazepines are commonly used in conjunction with stimulants - they reduce the jitters and some of the anxiety that come with stimulant usage. It's not going to significantly alter the point in which an individual would OD, however it will mask the effects of the cocaine and potentially prevent a user from noticing particular symptoms and react too late (or not at all).

As nsauce said - IV'ing cocaine is akin to doing a different drug.

Also - have you washed the cocaine yet? I wouldn't IV until that's been completed to remove more crap from it (and eventually your veins).

Last edited:
As a relatively experienced (and also pretty fucking reckless) IV cocaine/speedball user I would strongly recommend against going this route. It bought me to my knees very quickly, it's a whole different ball game to sniffing it.

Just as an example of one of the many dangers I once accidentally injected cocaine into an artery. There was no indication that anything was wrong as I registered the hit, and I pushed the whole lot in because the numbing effect of cocaine meant I couldn't feel anything was wrong whereas with other drugs it would have burnt immediately. A second later it felt like my blood was boiling in the hand of the arm I injected in to and I was in excruciating pain. Luckily it passed in a few seconds. My arm then went numb, which also passed. I few weeks later I suffered a radial nerve palsy in the same arm. Is this connected to hitting the artery? Who knows?

Seriously consider whether you need this in your life, because believe me, you'll be wanting to do it again 10 minutes after doing it for the first time. If you do go through with it, follow the advice others have given.