• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Coricidin's Long-Term Negative Effects

My friend did triple Cs in huge amounts (like 40+ pills a day) for over a year. I still wonder how hes not dead. I bet his liver and maybe kidneys are just fucked though. He was really delusional too.

I found out about triples so many years ago... no one in my town knew what they were until i ( like an idiot ) introduced them to them.
I started taking triples when i was 13. I took my very first dose at 24 pills. Mixed with vodka, as well as weed.
From that night, i took triples EVERY SINGLE DAY, for about 7 years.. i never missed a day besides an about 3 week period when i stopped because i started abusing benadryl taking 100 pills in about 3 to 4 days. The 100 count bottle never lasted more then 4 days. Aswell as abusing Dramamine. Again, 100 count bottle never lasted more then 4 days.
When i first started triples i was taking 60-80 pills at one time, again always with alcohol and weed. I was absolutely inlove with them. Pure love.
As time went on i started taking less, around 30 pills at once. Sometimes twice a day.
The last 2 or so years i of taking triples daily i had brought my dose down to 16 -24 pills at once, until the last 6 months i was down to 10 pills at once. After maybe the first year of daily use, they made me feel normal. I hated the way i felt with out them. I didnt feel like myself at all. I did not want to live my life with out them at all.
I had quite a few huge scares in these 7 years, where i would tell myself and my parents id never touch them again, but by the next morning i was sitting there popping them again.
After a couple years i would off and on puke up blood. But i still didnt stop.
I was absolutely consumed by them, inlove with them.

December 13, 2015. That was the day i said i am done doing this to myself. I have not touched one triple c since that day. I refuse to take benadryl, and just about anything containing dxm for the fear i will abuse them again. I come from a family with very addictive and i know how much i love pills.

I DID GO THROUGH WITHDRAWALS!!!! i was very ill, vomitting, aching every where, covered in sweat, shakey for about 2 weeks after u stopped taking them. I got the flu and bronchitis at the same time 2 weeks after my last pill, which was strange for me because i never get sick.

Today, almost 7 months after my last triple c, i have an extremely messed up stomach, i have to take nausea medicine daily, usually multiple times a day. The doctor has told me the triples had been eating the lining in my stomach and i should feel extremely lucky to still be alive. I now have high blood pressure, and my hands shake constantly, my eye sighthas gotten very bad to the point of needing new glasses, and i just have an all the time overall feeling of blah. Maybe thats just my depression but i know it has been noticeably worse since quitting triples. I constantly have to goto the doctor, i cant eat certain foods, my stomach swells up badly when i eat anything.

I am very lucky to be alive and try to not complain about my stomach pains and problems because the fact is, i did this to myself. And that, that is the worst part is knowing i did this. I knew it was making me sick and i kept doing it for years. Even after a good friend dying from them.

These are NOT safe at all. They honestly are not worth the long term effects that very well could happen to you, or worse...

Sorry this was so long.. i hope this helps someone. If anyone has any question regarding Triples message me. I abused them for 7 years and know alot about them. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE DISGUSTING PILLS TO ANYONE..

Wow man, that's the most extreme use I've ever heard of. I'm glad you're still alive, I can't imagine taking so much. I took them 10 times, never more than 8 pills at once and on the 10th time I had such a terrible experience and didn't feel right for months.

PLEASE HELP. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! I am seriously worried about one of my closest friends. We were together for 3 tumultuous years. I have seen him wig out and do some crazy shit and have had to call the cops on him a handful of times and probably should have more. His name is David. He is 30 and has been doing Coricidin since he was 15. 2 boxes at a time. I'm guessing about every other day. (He lies about it and avoids me sometimes but it's very obvious when he's on it). Of course there were times he did it once a week or so. He CAN'T stop. I'm really worried that he's going to die. I approached him about it and his answer was that he's plugging in at the church and going to go to meetings. I face timed him before he went to a "bible study" this evening and he was out of his mind. He's done the church thing. He's done meetings. Every sponsor he has dumps him. He's done rehabs. He's been in jail. His kidneys are shot. His brain is shot. He can't spell four letter words or do basic addition. He needs more help than just church and meetings and 30 day rehabs. His excuse now is that he owes money on fines from his 3rd DUI (which he got chasing me to the police station trying to run me over effed on Coricidin) When I told him he needed help and has proven countless times over the years that he can't do this on his own, this was his response: Jesus is gonna have to help me with this one I never felt so far from gonna w/ out spirt in my life as I did last week . Not exactly sure what he meant except that he thinks Jesus is going to help him. I have nothing against religious people, but in this case he needs more. I told him he needs more than himself and his imaginary friend. Jesus is not going to grab them out of his hands when he reaches for them on the shelf. I don't want to upset him or make him angry. But I don't want to see him die either. WHAT CAN I DO?!!????! Please, offer some advice. He is a good friend and I don't want to lose him. I would be devastated! Please don't tell me to leave him alone, that I can't fix him, it's not my problem, etc. I know that I can't fix him, but anything I can suggest or a way to get through to him I would appreciate! Thank you in advance!

This isn't really the best place for your question, I'd copy and paste what you wrote into a new thread. But that being said, there really isn't anything you can do from the sounds of it. If jail doesn't stop him, rehab, etc. then there's not much of an option besides him going somewhere like a long long term rehab or psychiatric ward where he can be helped while unable to use.

Same experience

I found out about triples so many years ago... no one in my town knew what they were until i ( like an idiot ) introduced them to them.
I started taking triples when i was 13. I took my very first dose at 24 pills. Mixed with vodka, as well as weed.
From that night, i took triples EVERY SINGLE DAY, for about 7 years.. i never missed a day besides an about 3 week period when i stopped because i started abusing benadryl taking 100 pills in about 3 to 4 days. The 100 count bottle never lasted more then 4 days. Aswell as abusing Dramamine. Again, 100 count bottle never lasted more then 4 days.
When i first started triples i was taking 60-80 pills at one time, again always with alcohol and weed. I was absolutely inlove with them. Pure love.
As time went on i started taking less, around 30 pills at once. Sometimes twice a day.
The last 2 or so years i of taking triples daily i had brought my dose down to 16 -24 pills at once, until the last 6 months i was down to 10 pills at once. After maybe the first year of daily use, they made me feel normal. I hated the way i felt with out them. I didnt feel like myself at all. I did not want to live my life with out them at all.
I had quite a few huge scares in these 7 years, where i would tell myself and my parents id never touch them again, but by the next morning i was sitting there popping them again.
After a couple years i would off and on puke up blood. But i still didnt stop.
I was absolutely consumed by them, inlove with them.

December 13, 2015. That was the day i said i am done doing this to myself. I have not touched one triple c since that day. I refuse to take benadryl, and just about anything containing dxm for the fear i will abuse them again. I come from a family with very addictive and i know how much i love pills.

I DID GO THROUGH WITHDRAWALS!!!! i was very ill, vomitting, aching every where, covered in sweat, shakey for about 2 weeks after u stopped taking them. I got the flu and bronchitis at the same time 2 weeks after my last pill, which was strange for me because i never get sick.

Today, almost 7 months after my last triple c, i have an extremely messed up stomach, i have to take nausea medicine daily, usually multiple times a day. The doctor has told me the triples had been eating the lining in my stomach and i should feel extremely lucky to still be alive. I now have high blood pressure, and my hands shake constantly, my eye sighthas gotten very bad to the point of needing new glasses, and i just have an all the time overall feeling of blah. Maybe thats just my depression but i know it has been noticeably worse since quitting triples. I constantly have to goto the doctor, i cant eat certain foods, my stomach swells up badly when i eat anything.

I am very lucky to be alive and try to not complain about my stomach pains and problems because the fact is, i did this to myself. And that, that is the worst part is knowing i did this. I knew it was making me sick and i kept doing it for years. Even after a good friend dying from them.

These are NOT safe at all. They honestly are not worth the long term effects that very well could happen to you, or worse...

Sorry this was so long.. i hope this helps someone. If anyone has any question regarding Triples message me. I abused them for 7 years and know alot about them. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE DISGUSTING PILLS TO ANYONE..

I just wanted to say that I've had this same experience with triple cs. I used them every single day and anytime I would start to come down and get the cold sweats I'd have to take 3-4 more just for it to subside.

There are large fractions of my life I can no longer recall from even periods before I used them or when I was not on them.

I've also experienced periods where all of the muscles in my body would tense up at once like a seizure and i would fall to the floor like a stiff board.

None of this ever stopped me.

I didn't want to tell anyone because most of everyone I knew was dying of the heroin epidemic and people say "why don't you just use real drugs?"

Addiction is addiction.... The obsessive compulsive desire that blocks out any and everything else took over my life.

For a long time I didn't ask for help because I was ashamed and felt weak or stupid that it was an OTC drug.

If you're reading this in fear that you can't stop or something's wrong with you reach out for help.

Many detoxs and rehabs now can treat the withdrawals and get insurance coverage for your stay.

Help is out there.