• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cops remove license plate in order to obtain probable cause

my real problem is that they are setting up people in the position to take down the real big guys, and then just using it to bust the little mules who are probably using the money to feed their kids just to boost their numbers.

phrozen said:
It's crooked police work. Cops can't create pc in order to search for other evidence or crimes. That goes against the whole concept of pc.

As for the comparison to cops doing reverse stings, well that's completely different. In reverse stings the cops don't fabricate anything to search the suspects. The suspect solicited the uc cop to purchase drugs.

exactly!
the guys in the van will get their asses handed to them, w/ all those agencies' lawyers handlin all the "facts", they are screwd.It is sad that they will get away w/ this..:(

Interesting discussion.... Because the driver agreed to a search would that nulify the need for probable cause?? If he objected and they searched anyway then he could challenge their reason for stopping? That's a bit of a guess on my part though...

Another point that this is signaling is that gangs need to smarten up, hire some upper management to review their operations, or maybe just watch a few movies to see how its done.

All in all, cars should be checked as if its a license test (in aust we have to check break lights mirrors etc), good clothing, properly dressed, average radio playing, couple of library books in the front seat, baby seat in the back all the usual non suspect things... Thats what i would take from this ordeal if i was in the game, as opposed to caring about LE sabotagin the car, they are fuckers anyway and lie to cover each others asses, what would stop them to say he was swerving etc, same diff?

notneo said:
Another point that this is signaling is that gangs need to smarten up, hire some upper management to review their operations, or maybe just watch a few movies to see how its done.
They won't, that's why they'll keep clogging our prisons. This was a load runner, bringing things into the country. HIS superiors undoubtedly have quite a better game plan than him - people like him are just pawns, his organization probably doesn't give 2 shitz that he's gotten caught, that's just 1 mule gone. They factor that in appropriately I'm sure.
notneo said:
All in all, cars should be checked as if its a license test (in aust we have to check break lights mirrors etc), good clothing, properly dressed, average radio playing, couple of library books in the front seat, baby seat in the back all the usual non suspect things... Thats what i would take from this ordeal if i was in the game, as opposed to caring about LE sabotagin the car, they are fuckers anyway and lie to cover each others asses, what would stop them to say he was swerving etc, same diff?
lol I keep a bible in my car for that reason hahaa. I don't even carry drugs, as I'm not in the scene anymore, but just for speeding lol. I keep it perched between my driver's seat and my e-brake, so "HOLY BIBLE" is in clear view of anyone who's looking into the car through the driver's window.

^^ The sad fact is this bible technique probably works. So much for freedom of religion.

mulberryman said:
^^ The sad fact is this bible technique probably works. So much for freedom of religion.
It actually may work. I recently moved from the northeast to FL, and as we got further south, there were bible stores (never saw these up north). So, we pulled in and got some christian apparels/toys/trinkets/books/etc. We bought them with the intent of blowing them up (because fireworks aren't sold where I'm from up north, so along the way we got fireworks and stuff - oh, and I'm sorry to anyone offended by that, to each their own, let's just leave it at that plz).

Anyways, the $2 cheap bible I got, I put it up front in my car, between my seat and the ebrake, so if I got pulled over on the drive it'd be clearly visible to a cop. I did get pulled over (we were going in 2 cars, and we had walkie talkies for fun to communicate between the cars - an officer spotted us driving closely and talking through walkies, prolly thought we were drug runners or something lol). So anyways, I get pulled over, and quickly make sure the bible is in view. Dude comes to my car, asks me who is in the other car (I radio'd my fiance to tell her to keep driving, as the last thing I wanted was them to rip our tightly packed cars apart tryign to find contraband. We spent too much time packing the cars, tetris style, to allow that!). I play it off all smooth, and just get a warning.

Dunno how much the bible helped, but like to think it did. Anyways it's been in the front seat ever since! I want to find someone to hook up those police stickers, the kind people put in their rear windows, the small ones that imply police affiliation. I bet one of those, coupled with that innocent lil bible, would be key for avoiding tickets!!

(what did you mean by 'so much for freedom of religion'? I didn't get that part, seems religion is about as free as it's ever been in this country)

bingalpaws said:
(what did you mean by 'so much for freedom of religion'? I didn't get that part, seems religion is about as free as it's ever been in this country)

I think he means that if you had had a Koran in your car it would've been a different story altogether.

Well only that if a person doesn't get a ticket or searched because they have a bible, and thus must obviously be Christian, as opposed to getting a ticket or searched without one....

'so much for freedom of religion' is about as exaggerated of a statement possible for the point you were trying to make tho, that's why it confused me.

If I were black, I'd imagine I'd get worse treatment from a typical cop. If I were muslim, I imagine my airport hassles would be worse than for a caucasion. But the fact that having a bible will get me some sympathy from a christain cop doesn't really have any real effect on freedom of religion. It's a far leap from being slightly hassled for being muslim or having the quran to implying that we don't really have freedom of religion is all I'm trying to say.

Freedom of religion is supposed to be protected by the government. True, this example is definitly not an extreme infringement on religious freedoms, but a police officer, being employed by the government, should not show preference toward anyone just because they appear to be Christian. And if not just because of the principles of the 1st ammendment, because having a bible doesnt mean your Christian. That cop could've let a murderer or terrosrist go because, well they had a bible, when they actually had explosives or a body in the trunk. It just seems to me that these cops need to not judge people on their presumptions based on appearances, and that a good cop would want to search the car because there's a bible between the seats, but I think that sadly, such a cop is rare.

And in a perfect world, that would be the case, but I think we can agree that putting personal biases aside is pretty damn hard, if not impossible, for most people (police included).