• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Controlled heroin use anyone?

Tifftifco2

Bluelighter
I've heard of a few people being able to control herion use and their ability to still hold down a job etc. I was wondering if anyone on here is able to do it too? So where you kind of come home and use instead of having a beer or smoking a joint or is not really that possible to control something as strong and powerful as that?

Thanks

Not with it being unregulated and the market so volatile, it became impossible. I was able to keep oxycodone under control for close to a decade, fully functional (minus the financial burden even with making a high income). I spiraled so quick from heroin it was insane, lost everything I owned, up to and almost including my life.

Depends if you're an addict. It will eventually get you. Your money, your job, and ultimately a bad withdrawal.

I think once you felt withdrawal from it, there no chance. If you never touched it, you can probably get by for a while if you don't have addict tendencies.

I maintained both the jobs I had from summer of 2016- Spring 2017 with a heroin / pills habit. More and more heroin over time. Left the first job to go to The next, got into a college certificate program for CNC Machine Operation and a job placement.

I managed. I started off homeless couch surfing, to a rooming motel supplied by a homeless drop in centre in the city I was in because I had a job, to renting a room, to getting an apartment too.

I functioned on opiates. It’s starting a meth addiction summer 2017 that started taking me down so I crashed and burned by April 2018. Doesn’t matter now.

People who are getting safe supply are examples of people who are at least becoming more functional in their opiate use. I just read a study yesterday showing how when a group of addicts was given safe supply, they were in hospitals far less, they acquired assistance, and housing. Their money could be used for better things than dope and all in all their quality of life improved considerably I’d say.

Not to mention safe supply regulates your daily dose by the fact you’ve got what you’re prescribed and that’s all. In the study the participants illicit drug use, street drugs, was reduced almost 100 percent.

Looking for the study give me a minute....

Yes to a certain degree, 1st you need an extremely reliable plug that stays with a product that quality doesn’t fluctuate.
2nd you need a job that pays cash everyday or have a job that pays fairly well doesn’t put into to many social situations with anyone that has experience in drugs because they will notice the small things pinned eyes , sniffles , small track marks, and you need to be very good with your money if you want a home a car at the least , a family too Idk how much it would be possible I don’t have one
3rd, just know unless you are making very good money and have extreme self control with your dosing , spending on product you will never really to enjoy things that cost money , going out to expensive dinners , vacations , nice cars whatever you enjoy that costs money .
But anyway I did use for a few years every single day held a job in time square Nyc, was never late never missed work, but I was paid cash everyday, my plug was almost always available if not I always saved enough to make it through 1 day to give him to do whatever he needed and it was an ok life , but eventually the h catches up , your health declines and shit and you always end up in the end working just to support a drug addiction in the end it’s not worth it to me . Not saying I ended up sober but if you think it’s a possiblity to live shooting h everyday and working a normal job it can be done given the right circumstances but it’s not worth it

Probably only at the beginning, but once you develop a addiction to it, it becomes hard to function without it. Because your craving and thinking about it all the time. So your either doing it, thinking about it, or your trying to get more.

I maintained a job with an opioid addiction for a long time. The key word is maintained. Yes it's possible but you need to understand that all your extra income is going to go towards the drugs. All it takes is one major expense to come around to wipe you out. You will not have any savings and you'll find yourself broke during the last week/days of your pay cycles. The drug ends up becoming the first priority in your life. It becomes more important than food. When those stressful money situations come up you'll end up using more and more and putting yourself further into the hole.

I do not suggest attempting it. You'll start out just using on the weekends. Then you'll start using after work to relax. At some point you'll start using before work and eventually at work. Next thing you know you're having to use it at all waking hours to starve off withdrawal so you can work.

It's possible to get by with a habit of any kind. It's up to you to decide how far that habit will go but ultimately, it will come around and take hold. As an example: I was a functioning, daily opiate user for 7 years. I got up everyday and went to work for 8-12 hours while handling home life and taking care of my siblings. However, while I managed my day to day life, I spent a lot of money on my habit. Every penny that wasn't for bills went to the pills.

I couldn't handle my alcohol addiction though, I was blacking out every night for roughly 4 years, never had money and did ridiculous things. I gave up the alcohol and I had discovered pressed Oxy 30s which eventually led to heroin because pills are expensive. Again, I managed to get by every day and do what I had to but every single bit of money that wasn't going towards a necessity was being funneled into my addiction. The only point I have in sharing those experiences is addiction is always possible but they show in different ways.

Unless you manage to stay a weekend user or an "only sometimes" user, you'll end up eventually giving everything you have to an addiction even if you don't know you're addicted yet. It's very much possible to use from time to time, enjoy yourself and have fun. But daily use always leads to roads that are best left alone

I guess everyone's different. After the 3rd day of opioids my tolerance is too high to enjoy them so I need the rest of the week to lower it. It seems like a lot of people can use every single day. If I could only imagine such an experience I'd probably be addicted. Heroin might work differently from morphine for me, but I doubt it

I guess if you have the ability to take this stuff everyday you might be in trouble. In my unusual case I could use any opioid (or opiate) because I know it won't work after a few days

I maintained for about 2 years, but was going down hill fast. I have my own business and made pretty good $$ (cash every day) but all of my extra money went to H. Then I started selling my things, then I was paying bills later and later until I wrecked my credit and got services cut off. Then I tried dealing but ended up doing all of my stash and re-up. Before it all came crashing down I went on methadone, it saved my ass. I stayed in the same place for a few years after that.
Then I started doing meth about a year ago, being an addict its become an every day thing. Ironically though its led to my business growing fast, hiring 4 employees (I pay cash) my credit going up about 350 points and acquiring a few little extras. Now I work around 15 hrs a day and I'm one of the top mechanics in the state. We'll see where it goes but i'd honestly like to be able to do it without the drugs.

I think the chances of being able to use heroin (or any strong opiate) habitually (as you say, like coming home from work and using it instead of a beer or joint) without it eventually spiralling into full-blown addiction is slim to none. The opiate addiction cycle is so insidious and deceptive. No one ever knows they're in too deep until they're already past the point where backing out isn't the hardest battle you've ever fought.

Maybe some people, rare as unicorns, can manage to keep it innocent and recreational without it taking over their lives. But you'd be a fool to pretend you're one of those people.

To anyone thinking about messing around with opiates recreationally... please don't. It's not worth it.

I went nearly two years on a dope/fent habit (non IV), managed to hold down a job and keep the bills paid. Mind you my life revolved around driving out to cop, and I wasted so much money in the process. I was doing alright on it for a while, but, that sickness.... I'm just glad to not have to feel that way anymore. There was definitely some fuckery and random nodding out during this time, but I kept things from unraveling fairly well up till the end there.

Someone might achieve a nice honeymoon period with it, but it rarely lasts forever.

I managed to maintain a functioning life, from the outside, for 10 years, though I was doing poppy tea and for the first few years, kratom. And a few stints with heroin, and oxy. But inside I wanted to die, I hated myself, I was a slave, I spent SO MUCH money and effort on making sure I stayed high. But seeing as how I wasn't messing with doing illegal stuff much, and I made good money, I was able to maintain the habit, and actually excelled at my job. I think the needle changes things from what I have seen. Instead of shooting (heh) for functional doses to feel happy and productive, you start shooting for extreme rushes and nods.

I've been doing dope since 2016 and have been employed since then. Since 2018 in an office. I take my morning dose before I leave for work, then in the afternoon I'll snort a little in the bathroom to get me through the end of the day when I'm starting to drag.

Personally, I struggle to maintain a job and also use. I was able to do it for a while, but once I started shooting up, there was no chance. I fell in pretty hard. Not able to hold a job for more than a couple months at a time since then.

I have met one guy who is able to do it. I have no idea how to make it work out lol!

If you're not already addicted don't bother because 99.9% of people can't do it for more than a few years before it all falls apart. 27 been in the game since i was 17 and when I was full blown at 19 i managed to hang on to a good paying state rate construction job for 3 years before it went down hill and i got fired. That was using pretty much every day and not saving everything. I kept enough for cigs (hardly most weeks) and food, same thing was losing weight. Anywhere from 5 bags to a 15. If i sold enough weed i could manage my bun and a half day habit but 5-6 could get me by for the day.

Took me many attempts to get clean. I wouldn't recommend it anyone. For the last 2 years I've managed to keep my use to once a month. Once again OP if you're not addicted already save yourself the torture and stay the fuck away

Thanks everyone, ive maintained a pill addiction working as a professional for over 3 years but ghe cash im spending to get the same high is just insane. Ive decided not to step it up to heroin and instead try and taper down and reduce my tolerance. Im in the uk so kratom is illegal. I just can't get through life without anything. I dont like alcohol or cannabis and I need to be able to care for my kids. So its pills or nothing. Thanks again.