• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Constant pain what do I do now, basic story.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I was hit by a car over a year ago, it was bad. After six months in the hospital I was let go to a old person's home for another six months until they said I could move back home. Anyways been like a year and I'm in Constant pain. What bothers me is first I was doing meth so I don't want to get caught by a doctor for that as a result of trying to fix my back also along the same lines I used to be addicted to pain killers and while I'm not lying I've had lots of painful things in my life and I don't mind going to the hospital, I did once before but they said give it time. Which I did. Now I'm in a lot of pain so I figure there's got to be a possibility the hospital might x ray me or whatever and give me pain pills... So you might ask what am I asking. It's just I gotta go back to the hospital right? Is there another option in not thinking of if it matters I have a little money saved up so I don't need to work right now or anything is just I have to ask for a ride and my parents are odd about my back almost pretending like I'm making this all up, the pain... Dunno in the past I might of lied about pain to get pills which might explain there attitude but that was when lying was enough to get pills now a days things seem harder. I deserve pain pills though just if I go to the hospital and they don't give me shit or give anything and I keep coming back do u think I'll get pills eventually. Have you seen shameless the show where he had the kid break his leg for pills and insurance money... U can break my leg if it gets me pills well it worked in the TV show... It's just I don't get how with how much pain I'm in they didn't give me morphine last time wtf. Sigh. Need nice to me I'm kinda depressed right now and I had to use my cellphone so this isn't typed it might be messy. I tried

The thing that's becoming to much though is when I cough and I smoke weed so I do cough a lot or a sneeze my entire body hurts its just I don't want to think this is from the car accident I mean any would I be in pain a year half later? I don't understand.

Give us some more details if you can, what exactly hurts? How many times have you gone in in pain? Did you specifically ask for pain pills? What’s your past history of pain killer abuse and what do they know about it?

As someone who’s also in a similar boat, dealing with legit pain while also a marked former opiate addict, I took it into my own hands to procure the opiates needed for my pain. That said I could tell once I leveled with the doctors that my perceived stability (haven’t touched heroin in over 10yrs, I have a doctor as a wife, I look legit lol) gave them inclination that if I indeed was hurting really bad they may help me with some stronger painkillers.

That said I could tell they were trying their best to avoid it and probably wouldn’t of been given much if I was, probably shitty 5mg hydrocodone at most..

I guess what I’m trying to get at is, in this day and age of opioid fear in the US, you need to maybe find a way to source opi’s yourself.

And I’m not talking going down the street to buy heroin, heroin these days is garbage and it’s all dangerous fentanyl that sucks for pain, depression, it just sucks for everything..

Do your research, many folks first stumble upon kratom and that is probably your best bet.

I’d look up kratom, Wild lettuce opium (easy to find in the summer pretty much anywhere outside, although potency varies greatly and it does more as an opiate potentiater than an act alone drug), and then also find yourself some good cannabis edibles or make them yourself.

-GC

Last edited:
In general, the more often you go to the ER the less likely they are to believe you. Save the ER for actual emergencies and try every stupid over the counter option even if you know it won’t help at maximum amounts before you go). If I have to go to the ER for migraine which occasionally I get one that just won’t quit, I take my triptans twice and I know that if that doesn’t help nothing otc will but I take 800mg ibuprofen and 2000mgs of Tylenol and 2 Benadryl just so I can say I did and they can check.

Every night this week I have gone to bed with a headache bad enough that I think if it’s this bad in the morning I’m going in in the morning but luckily the triptan has taken care of it in the night. I wish I knew what the hell is triggering it. Just saying I know that feeling of wanting to go in and not wanting them to think bad of you

Last edited:
^^^Try DMT my friend. I too get nasty, near cluster level migraines that used to last days.

Diet changes were the biggest factor in getting them under control but in the off chance I do get one these days a small barely perceptible hit of DMT can really take it out. And usually it goes for good, or until the next one of course.

Truly give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.

-GC

So sorry for your troubles. Maybe have a look here:
PS. Many people don't realize: inflammation is commonly responsible for MOST of the pain they're suffering from. Even if it's only 50% responsible, that's a lot! Take it from me (a long-time sufferer of inflammation-related pain), there is NOTHING better for controlling inflammation-related pain than Prednisone!

20mg daily can make an otherwise unbearable condition manageable. But try not to take more than that.

Last edited:
What’s DMT? I also have a hip that is subflexing which is the medical term for trying to come out of place and my dr just stopped taking my state insurance. So, I have no idea what I’ll do when the 2 Rxs of Percocet she gave me at my last appointment are gone. So far, trying to find pain management that takes medi-cal has felt like trying to mix oil and water.

sickenss,

I'm sorry you have chronic pain. It is truly the worst thing in life and I've been through many miserable years of it. I feel good today though.

its a whole new world now with chronic pain and pain pills. Basically you don't get any, even if you are really fucked up and it is medically obvious. doctors are all too scared to script anything. I mean if you can clean up really nicely and the doctor has no clue you are an addict, and you happen to find the right doctor. You might have a shot at some weak ass pills like norco or something.

target very old doctors, male, that practice in rich neighborhoods. I'm talking like 80 years old or older. Target a primary care doctor, not pain management, too much competetion there and too much heat on those doctors. You better come off like a boy scout to them. lie and say you have some career if you don't happen to. Your piss needs to be clean or you need to know how to cheat. you don't drink, you don't smoke cigs if asked. you have no mental problems.

If you are in very severe pain and plan to be for a long time, i would consider methadone maintenance. No hassles, legal, you can raise your dose up to the level that gives you relief. Bupe is another option but more expensive and not as good for pain. No fentanyl caused instant death by street drugs with this options. I wouldn't suggest street drugs. Maybe the DNM if you have the money to sustain that.

Did you hit your head in the car accident?

I figured out that my chronic pain is coming from a head injury.
I do have a few bulging discs in my back but the migraine headaches that got knocked out of control, trouble functioning,
depression etc. is actually coming from injury to my brain.

Find a doctor. Just a general M.D but one who can prescribe pain pills. Look up doctors who can prescribe suboxone in your area.
Those are doctors who can also prescribe pain medication.
Now days, the doctors have to have extra training to prescribe pain medication.

The hospital is just going to be a waste of a lot of money and you will never get the same doctor twice and will have to try and explain yourself over and over.

I am so sorry that you are having this problem.
I really do feel for you.
Tell your doctor how bad this pain is crippling your life. Volunteer for MRI and any tests they need.

Sometimes, depression alone can cause back pain.
You will need to try other therapies and do anything you can such as diet change, exercise, meditation, etc. before moving to pain medication. It should be a last option thing. Being on pain medication for the rest of your life is not a decision to make lightly.

What’s DMT? I also have a hip that is subflexing which is the medical term for trying to come out of place and my dr just stopped taking my state insurance. So, I have no idea what I’ll do when the 2 Rxs of Percocet she gave me at my last appointment are gone. So far, trying to find pain management that takes medi-cal has felt like trying to mix oil and water.

yeah, that one is going to be pretty much impossible.
see if you can make arrangements to become a cash patient at your current doctor.
My doctor let me come for $85 a visit for awhile until I managed to get some health insurance and he still has a lot of cash patients.

The problem with chronic pain is it usually makes it impossible to work.
No insurance or just Medicaid is not helpful for the doctor visits as there are no doctors who accept Medicaid (not in my state anyway)
But there are doctors who will let you be a cash patient.
Medicaid does help with the cost of the prescriptions.
A lot of doctors understand the position that chronic pain puts a person in.
It is disabling to ones life.

I asked about cash and they said no. So I’m stuck finding a new doctor. I’m seriously thinking of getting on methadone and just not telling them why I’m really there because the clinics take medi-cal but I will try to find a dr first... just keeping that option in my back pocket just in case

I asked about cash and they said no. So I’m stuck finding a new doctor. I’m seriously thinking of getting on methadone and just not telling them why I’m really there because the clinics take medi-cal but I will try to find a dr first... just keeping that option in my back pocket just in case

It is really sad that so many people with chronic pain say this exact thing ^^^^
I have heard this over and over again and that is not good!

Try really hard to find something else. Methadone is....well...make sure you read all about it here before you do that.
You don’t want to get yourself in to a worse situation and believe me, some of the medications out there and treatments can make you way worse off than before. I am currently recovering from horrific side effects from trying botox injections.

Research everything really good first. I know that is hard to do with chronic pain. Concentration is very challenging.
Then you have family and friends who all think they know best.
The entire situation just sucks.

If you have nerve pain- Gabapentin is really helpful and it really helps the depression and keeps your mood happy and stable.
It has been a good one for me. Everyone is different though.
You are going to have to advocate for yourself.
Work with different medications and dosages.
Try aromatherapy, epsom salt baths, distraction, vitamin D, meditation, diet, stretching, keep a good environment and come here for support and help through this. It is a difficult thing. Very difficult.
We are here for you though and you are not alone. Be comforted.

Good Luck! I will be praying for you.
Let us know how it goes.

The hard thing is that A. I’m opiate dependent already although kratom is only just managing it. B. Since it’s orthopedic and bone related strereching and yoga etc don’t really help in fact any moving around causes it to kick off. I’m a wheelchair user I used to use a walker but had to stop. I take it you had Botox for migraines? My body tends towards the worst possible side effects. I’m the only person I know to end up in the hospital for a month after having my gall bladder out and ended up on TPN for a few days because nothing would stay down. So I said no to Botox because I would be the 1 in a million who it would go systematic on.

The hard thing is that A. I’m opiate dependent already although kratom is only just managing it. B. Since it’s orthopedic and bone related strereching and yoga etc don’t really help in fact any moving around causes it to kick off. I’m a wheelchair user I used to use a walker but had to stop. I take it you had Botox for migraines? My body tends towards the worst possible side effects. I’m the only person I know to end up in the hospital for a month after having my gall bladder out and ended up on TPN for a few days because nothing would stay down. So I said no to Botox because I would be the 1 in a million who it would go systematic on.

Wow! Me too! I am SO sensitive to medications. I have a very short list of medications that I can take but if I tell them that, then it is
”oh drug seeker”! It is such bullshit!
You know your body best and what works for you!

yes the Botox was a horrible mistake for migraines.
My family pressured me to “you have to try other things”.
I knew better. Now I am paying the price.
Hopefully this botox BS does not kill me!

yeah being opiate dependent and all makes it very difficult. You can’t be without your medication.
Just call your doctor for refills and find another doctor quick. Your current doctor should not be able to leave you without medication.
Since when do doctors not accept cash? ya know?!
I do know what you mean about moving around making it worse.
You are a wheelchair user already....well, sorry to hear that and I didn’t realize the situation was that severe.
I was just suggesting those things in case you were less hurt , not dependent on opiates, and might be able to fix the issue with other things. I see that you are hurt too bad for that.

I wish I had more advise or an answer for your predicament.

Let me know how things go.
You are not alone.
❤️💋

I was born too soon and have cerebral palsy. The hip issue is a side effect of that. In California you have to physically go in for refills which is why I’m seriously thinking of just saying bugger it and going on methadone

Wow! Me too! I am SO sensitive to medications. I have a very short list of medications that I can take but if I tell them that, then it is

yeah being opiate dependent and all makes it very difficult. You can’t be without your medication.
Just call your doctor for refills and find another doctor quick. Your current doctor should not be able to leave you without medication.
You are a wheelchair user already....well, sorry to hear that and I didn’t realize the situation was that severe.
I was just suggesting those things in case you were less hurt , not dependent on opiates, and might be able to fix the issue with other things. I see that you are hurt too bad for that.

You are not alone.
💋
If you suffer from migraines there's better things out there I know some people use psychedelics for that I wouldn't use botulinum toxin for anything other than Maybe an overactive sweat gland

I didn't know they're using botulinum toxin for migraines that sounds super sketchy I wouldn't even think that's a good idea intuitively

The thing that's becoming to much though is when I cough and I smoke weed so I do cough a lot or a sneeze my entire body hurts its just I don't want to think this is from the car accident I mean any would I be in pain a year half later? I don't understand.
I'm so sorry to hear about your pain if there's anything I could do to take it away I would

PS. Many people don't realize: inflammation is commonly responsible for MOST of the pain they're suffering from. Even if it's only 50% responsible, that's a lot! Take it from me (a long-time sufferer of inflammation-related pain), there is NOTHING better for controlling inflammation-related pain than Prednisone!

20mg daily can make an otherwise unbearable condition manageable. But try not to take more than that.

isn't predisone not something you can take long term. this is chronic pain so you need something everyday 24/7.

isn't predisone not something you can take long term. this is chronic pain so you need something everyday 24/7.
Nope, I've taken it daily for many years. 20mg for me is max, but some take more. Starting off with 10mg twice daily is prudent. There's more than one sort of pain, and Prednisone will only reduce pain caused by inflammation. If you're taking, say, 30mg with no improvement, then inflammation is probably not the problem.

You are not alone.
💋
Dearest PO,
I'd no idea you suffer from migraines. In case you've not heard, Sumatriptan is miraculous for that.
Kindest regards,
pb♥