• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Confused about lysergamides, hardly working?

D3th

Greenlighter
So I purchased Eth-LAD, AH-LAD, 1P-LSD, and ALD-52. I had no experience prior to this.
Last week I took 200ug of 1p-LSD, and was expecting that to be a fairly significant dose. I experienced no visuals, dry mouth, slight discomfort and anxiety, nothing what I was expecting. I was obviously somewhat impaired, but not in any way I was expecting.
Last night I wanted to try again, so I dosed 200 ug ETH-LAD, and an hour later, I foolishly dosed 450 AH-LAD. I guess I just wanted the experience. About 2 hours after ingesting both I felt slightly impaired, but nowhere near what I would have expected. Dry throat, slight blurriness of the vision, I hardly felt anything. Music did not sound any better. I put a movie on to pass the time, could not get into it so I shut it off and laid in bed until I lfel asleep. No CEV's, no profound thinking. I am really puzzled on whats going on. I purchased them from a very well rated sourced.
My DOC is DXM, and I usually take 900-1300mg each time, could this throw my system out of wack and not let the lysergamides do their magic? Should I take a solid month off everything, then retry? I had read the reviews for lysergamides and was ecstatic to try them. Now I am utterly disappointed with the past two experiences.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Wow, that's quite surprising. I will say that the first few times i tried LSD, I only got theshold effects despite taking high doses, I'd have friends taking the same LSD, less of it, and tripping hard while I didn't get any visuals or much of a head change, just a faint feeling. This went on for quite a few years, during which time I took LSD once in a while, maybe 10-12 times total between age 18 and 30, all with not much result. Then I took 5 strong hits at a music festival, and had an actual pretty strong trip, and from then on I could trip about that level with more normal amounts of LSD. I've had a couple more "breakthrough" trips to stronger levels, and after those I am able to trip more on normal amounts. These days I can take 1 hit of ALD-52 (125ug, it's more or less the same as LSD) and get a very nice trip off it. Strangely, only lysergamides have worked this way for me, LSD in particular. I could trip fine off any other psychedelic I tried, I even used to be really sensitive to other things like tryptamines when I started tripping. My first trip ever was a mushroom trip, 1.75 grams and it was probably the most amazing and life-changing trip I have ever had to this day.

Anyway, I'd say, don't try too hard. Space out your attempts, try the ALD-52 too, I prefer it to 1p-LSD. I haven't really met anyone else who had that weird natural tolerance to LSD that I had, but it sounds like you may have a similar thing going on, so I wanted to let you know that mine eventually disappeared and I can enjoy lysergamides like everyone else. :)

I got zero effects from LSD the first 3 times I tried it the 4th time I tripped balls.
All from the same source and same sheet even which had rave reviews from everyone else that took it.
I think with Lysergamides your brain has to get use to it in a similar way thst MXE doesn't seem to give you it's full effects until you try it a few times.
I can tell you that I'm considered a hard head when it comes to psychedelics and I usually need a much larger dose than everyone else in my group of friends but my one single trial with 1pLSD gave me a fairly significant trip on just a single hit which had some pretty nice visuals.
Also, always take at least a week or even 2 weeks off from doing drugs in between trips. Tolerance builds insanely fast with Lysergamides. You really do need a week or 2 in between trips to get the full effects each time!

Thank you for the reply. I did do some research and found out SSRI's affect LSD. I was on an SNRI but stopped 2-3 months ago. So I'm not sure if it could still be partially in my system, I'd guess not? I will wait a week or two and try the ALD-52 at a moderate to heavy dose, if that doesn't work I am going to get rid of the remaining tabs and stick with DXM.

I did try 2c-e and 4-ho-mipt 7-8 months ago, and found I had to take a relatively high dose to feel that as well. It is worth noting that I am 6' 220 lbs, so maybe that correlates with the dosing?

Hmm, 2-3 months should be enough time, but yeah, SSRIs certainly do largely block psychedelics for most people.

Yeah what I would do, given your 2 experiences of underwhelming effects at pretty high dosages, is wait a bit and take maybe 3 of the ALD-52 hits, or even 4. If you're used to 900-1300mg of DXM, then you have experience with dramatically altered states, and it's not physically dangerous. I wouldn't normally suggest doses that high for people who haven't experienced psychedelics before, but what it took for me was a high dose to break through.

In terms of DXM and lysergamide interactions, people actually report that they synergize quite strongly and that taking them together produces a much more powerful experience than either alone, so I doubt your use of DXM is blocking the effects.

Were you taking DXM during the SSRI time? Because FYI that's really dangerous, it can easily lead to serotonin syndrome which can be fatal and in the best case scenario is still very dangerous and requires hospitalization.

Okay, I will wait a couple weeks then attempt the ALD-52 at 3-4 tabs. I've been using DXM on and off for years, and prefer 3rd or 4th plateau experiences. Dissociatives are my all time favorite experience. I also work out heavily so I carry a lot of muscle mass and have a steady metabolism, which I think correlates with me needing a significantly higher dose.

If the ALD-52 does the trick, maybe I will try the combination. But I wanted to become familiar with the lysergamides first.

No I was not taking the DXM with the SNRI's. I was completely abstinent. I quit drinking 5 years ago, do not smoke pot, do not use any other recreational drugs. I only use DXM sporadically.

OP your experience sounds pretty well the same as mine. 300ug or AL-LAD and I felt exactly as you describe. Multiple attempts with LSD were very much the same. Mushrooms work fine, for reference.

I've successfully tripped off LSD once, and even then it wasn't quite as strong as 2 tabs should've been, even if they were low dose.

I couldn't even be arsed going out of my way to find LSD again to see how it goes having not tripped for a loooong time

Maybe my situation isn't as rare as I thought. That's exactly how it was for me, but now that I've gotten there before from a high dose, I can trip off normal amounts. I had never actually run into anyone else in my life that had trouble with LSD working, but it seems like it does happen.

Your lysergamides could be shitty. I never took more than 70 ugs of 1P and at that level i found it quite strong and visual. Same with ald-52, and all people I know who tried one of them or both react the same way.

D3th, have you tripped before on other psychedelics (not DXM weed etc, but serotonergic ones like tryptamines or phens etc) and if so how did that work out?

If not using recreational drugs means that you never tripped before on anything else then it could be a genetic insensitivity. Usually bad quality / purity drugs would be more probable but if the vendor reputation makes that even more unlikely, then you may be one of the relatively few insensitive people.

I guess it does not necessarily mean that you respond the same to very different compounds, even if they also act as 5-HT2A agonistic psychedelics like all typical psychedelics are. There are "hidden" differences that are not normally considered, just like DMT has a different way of acting that does not give you tolerance.
What insensitivity means for being able to trip on other psychedelics depends on where exactly in the neurological pathways in the brain there is a difference or mutation.

In practice: just see if something like a nice 2C-X or tryptamine works better and wait with your conclusions until you given every such class a few tries. Because everyone needs to 'dial in' their proper dosage, but after a certain number of times it just gets increasingly unlikely that you are having flukes.

Last edited:
Your lysergamides could be shitty. I never took more than 70 ugs of 1P and at that level i found it quite strong and visual. Same with ald-52, and all people I know who tried one of them or both react the same way.

It seems unlikely that 3 different subs would all be poor quality.

I miss AL-LAD

What do you mean? It's still available, at least in the USA....right?

It seems unlikely that 3 different subs would all be poor quality.

Definitely, especially considering not every dipshit in China is making these lysergs, I believe, so if you got them from some reseller who dosed them himself by laying with crystal then yeah he could be consistently scamming like a bastard but the vendor got great ratings.

They are so alike though that they are also expected to act alike, so although they are 3 different substances it's too early to draw conclusions about sensitivity to all psychedelics which include much more different chems.

D3th, have you tripped before on other psychedelics (not DXM weed etc, but serotonergic ones like tryptamines or phens etc) and if so how did that work out?

If not using recreational drugs means that you never tripped before on anything else then it could be a genetic insensitivity. Usually bad quality / purity drugs would be more probable but if the vendor reputation makes that even more unlikely, then you may be one of the relatively few insensitive people.

I guess it does not necessarily mean that you respond the same to very different compounds, even if they also act as 5-HT2A agonistic psychedelics like all typical psychedelics are. There are "hidden" differences that are not normally considered, just like DMT has a different way of acting that does not give you tolerance.
What insensitivity means for being able to trip on other psychedelics depends on where exactly in the neurological pathways in the brain there is a difference or mutation.

In practice: just see if something like a nice 2C-X or tryptamine works better and wait with your conclusions until you given every such class a few tries. Because everyone needs to 'dial in' their proper dosage, but after a certain number of times it just gets increasingly unlikely that you are having flukes.

I had one experience with mushrooms. I took 3 g and it was one of the most profound experiences of my life lol. I have used salvia a few occasions, never had visuals, just extreme fits of laughter. With regards to RC's, I have tried 2C-E, MXP, and 4-HO-Mipt, and all three of those did exactly what they were meant to do.

The Canadian vendor I went through has extremely good ratings on sites like reddit. I have emailed the vendor and asked if he has ever had complaints about degradation of the tabs. In a couple weeks I will try the ALD-52 and see how it goes.

Maybe my situation isn't as rare as I thought. That's exactly how it was for me, but now that I've gotten there before from a high dose, I can trip off normal amounts. I had never actually run into anyone else in my life that had trouble with LSD working, but it seems like it does happen.
Perhaps it's not so much a natural physical tolerance as it is maybe an inborne karmic tolerance in your psyche from your last life heheh kidding?

An interesting thread, this, which appears to validate what I've been saying all along - that some people have a much LOWER tolerance to psychedelics. In your case we just change that to 'some people have a much HIGHER tolerance...' :)

On a serious note, I am earnestly appealing to you to please proceed with the utmost care. ALD-52 seems like a great choice, and I am planning to try that for the first time myself very soon, but from everything I've read, tab-for-tab ALD-52 is double strength. Now I do appreciate that you are a special case tolerance-wise. I'm just a little worried that if you take a few blotters of ALD-52, you could get in over your head. So please think about trying one to begin with, and increasing that in half-tab increments until you find your tolerance. If this stuff is as strong as people say, careful handling makes sense. I used to trip on orange sunshine back in the day (people say that was actually ALD-52), and I can tell you there is no way I could've handled any more that one of those orange barrels - they were amazingly powerful. Absolutely my favorite psychedelic. As you can imagine, I'm pretty excited about being able to get that again.

If you look very closely at the picture below, Sherman isn't even paying attention to what he's doing... ;)

peabody3.jpg

Last edited:
Came across a guy said he couldn't really trip off lysergamides - was a bit skeptical but he was pretty sensible - involved in testing to a degree in fact - and also listed all his high doses - had no problems with tryptamine, PEAs etc He tried quite a few up to LSM775 with not a lot happening so I can only take him on his word

Update:

So I contacted the vendor, they said they haven't had any issues with degradation. They also said the few customers that have issues has been through human error. Not sure what that means, most vendors won't talk openly because these substances aren't meant for "human consumption". He offered a reship, but I said I would do more "research" and get back to them.

With the order, the vendor included a sample of N,N-MPT. I tried that a few nights ago and it did not do a thing.

Last night I dosed ALD-52 at 250 ug, and AL-LAD at 150 ug. I hardly felt anything. I think I am about to give up on lysergamides...

otro cafetero!!